Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    not up to much penny, the normal cleaning, dusting polishing, got a large mirror above my fire surround just been cleaning that, just use mr muscle glass cleaner much easier with that and wipe it with kitchen roll use that for everything, fancy talking about cleaning, how boring but its got to be done, would love to have a house-maid and especially to do my ironing as i hate that job.The hubby is supposed to be back tonight from off-shore havnt heard from him yet and just been told the weather in aberdeen, scotland is supposed to be awful so iff thats the case they will not fly the helicopters out in the north sea.
    Its awful for mr & mrs kandy, i wish i could take their hurt away from them do you.

2. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I hope the weather holds and hubby gets home to you!!
    Its awful for them and its never easy to make that choice, we had a similar situation a few years back and it broke my heart, but the memories help immensley too.
    I did send her a private note rather then posting it here, i hope it gets easier with each day.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    yes its heart-breaking, I lost a german shepard my mother looked after him when i was at work, they had forgot they had weed killer and it got in a big drum at the bottom of the garden and the dog drank it, he was sick, my mother called me to come home of course she didnt know at the time about the weed killer, anyway i came home and my dad took me to the vets with him but it was to late and he died in my arms in the car, i broke my heart, still to this day it brings tears to my eyes and that was 20 years ago.
    I sent kandy a card to her e-mail address as well as something here.

4. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Sorry Rosa....disappeared there for awhile (lol).

Back now [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Penny.Just got your PM.Many thanks for that.This is the first dog we have owned since we married.Mr Kandy wasn't brought up with dogs whereas I was,but once Tina came along his attitude changed,and he feels about them like I do.
    We found through having Tina,that that little bundle of fur gave us more love and companionship than any human ever could.

People who are not doggy people will never understand the grief that comes after losing such a faithful friend.

We used to say that once Tina passed on we wouldn't have another dog,mainly because we worry that there will be no one to look after it if we pass away first,but I think we can overcome that hurdle.
    It will give us a lot of pleasure in taking on another unwanted unloved dog.
    It is a pity more people don't think like us doggy people do.

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I agree whole heartedly with you there Kandy, if you arent an animal person then you will never understand the pain.\
    We could have just recently had another Golden from the same breeder we had our first one from and after a family discussion, we chose not too, our girls were upset and coudlnt have another after Zack passed away.
    We have our Saint who keeps us on our toes but i still miss Zack everyday after almost 5 1/2 years.
    It broke my heart when i read your post, but you do have comfort in the fact that you did the right thing and didnt keep Tina around for what is sometimes our selfish reasons.
    If you ever need to talk or vent, please know that i am here.

7. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Cheers Kandy for your positive thinking,i know you will make the right decision as & when the time is right for you .xx

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Penny.We have had lots of emails and E cards from members on here and also from family and friends.
    They are choked up as well,because they new how much we loved her.
    When we have finished scanning the photos we will put them on here,and you can see her from when we rescued her at 4 months old.

The photo on Tina RIP was one of the last I took of her last Friday.If you look at her back legs you might be able to see that they didn't look right.
    As well as being Arthritic,she had developed Addison's disease,leading on from Cushing's she developed after being attacked by another dog.
    She was also now stone deaf and was going blind,so she definitely winding down

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I was telling my husband and he said the same thing...it doesnt make it any easier but it was the right choice.

I am slowly making my way around here and everyone is incredible on here, not one person has been rude to me, the only help i need is when someone uses a word and i have no clue to the meaning, until someone tells me, that or they put the meaning in brackets beside the word for me!!(lol).

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Gogs.It will get better I am sure in time.The support I am getting from my friends on here and at home has helped a lot.

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi there Penny sorry i seem to keep missing you,i assure you its not intentional ,hope you are enjoying GC ,great bunch of guys on here.xx

13. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    You didnt miss me...I'm here!
    I am enjoying it on here, whats not to like about this place...just makes me wish i lived a little closer, or on the same continenant anyway (lol)!!!!

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Don't worry Penny.I am born and bred English,but nobody can understand my talk.

A lot of people think I am a Londoner,or a Brummy{that's someone who comes from Birmingham)

I see I have missed Shiney again.He comes on here when I am asleep,and I do the same when he is asleep...That's old age for you
    :D :D :D

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    No its me penny i am in & out ,never get very long on here.Miles away but it seems closer just chatting on here