Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,457
    Update - I have been in touch with someone I know at the airport and all they can find out is that the flight seems to be OK and that nobody has been allowed to check-in in advance. Seems to be some security issue :skp:.

As we expect to get to the airport about three ans a half hours before the flight we should be one of the first in the check-in queue. The reason I prefer to check-in on-line is so that I can pick our seats in advance. I know which seats I want and which I don't want. Definitely don't want to be next to the loo all the way to Singapore. :( :hehe:

Well, this time tomorrow we shall be in Singapore :yho:. The temperature there at the moment is 30C but, apparently, feels more like 34C. That's like the wind chill factor in reverse but with the humidity heat factor taken into account. I'm not keen on the high temperatures but I shall put up with it :hehe:

Shobhna - Have a good time at your Christmas party and be careful with your awful road conditions.

And to everyone - Have a great Christmas and New Year xmastree :el-f:sleighglttree

I'll see you next year:hol:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,665
    Morning all my friends Shiney have a great holiday:thumb:,I am just going to take Gypsy for a walk in the Rain and wind and when I come back I will take Penny and Tiny,everyone have a great weekend and Please stay safe.:)

3. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Have a great holiday shiney:yho:

I'm sick of this wet weather I can tell you! I've had family and friends on the phone asking if we are safe and dry because of the heavy downpour. Mrs Pal left for Cheltenham but just called to say the roads are bad and she's heading back.
    We were going to put up the decorations last evening but didn't bother in case we're flooded out for Xmas.....Might just be another cancelled one again!
    :flag:

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Oh Pal, I can sympathise with you, glad you are, thought I would give you till lunchtime here coz... :dh: I nearly phoned to see if you were OK this morning too, because the wind & rain really were so awful last night....:mad:

:( It must be a horrid feeling, just never knowing..... We will have to design you some flood defences here on GC...:hehe:

:) I reckon it is get on with Christmas at home mate...!!! You both deserve that at least..!! Blumming well carry on, don't let the "what if" feeling spoil your Christmas...!!! I know what you are saying about the devastation that could occur.........!:( But we have to have a bit of cheer somewhere along the line...... Think positive.........:wink::thmb:

:doh: If it is any consolation the roads are awful down here & have a few roads flooded this morning around the village...!!! Seems the ground has not thawed completely, plus all the debris of leaves etc the water is not running away in some places...... Hopefully it will be better later mate....:)

:thumb: Give Mrs Pal my best & I hope she gets home safely....:gnthb::gnthb: Take care both & give us an update if/when there are any changes.....:)

5. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    All safely gathered in:gnthb:...There were several road accidents ,one very serious one in particular which made her mind up to turn back.
    The rain is down to a drizzle,let's hope it stops soon!
    I see what you mean about the frozen ground...the water is lying on my garden where it would have soaked in by now.
    Roll on the next drought:D

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,457
    Pal, I hope things will not be too wet for you. Have a good glass (or two) of the wet stuff from Mrs shiney and myself for the holiday season. :yho:

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,we have thick fog today which makes a change from strong winds and heavy rain.My back lawn is like a quagmire so I have to be careful when I go down to the shed to feed the Guneia Pigs.

Shiney hopefully by now you will be whinging your way to your holiday destination so won't see this message:hehe:

Pal sorry to hear about down your wayglad though to hear that Mrs Pal got back safely.I have just been watching it on the news about Down in Devon and there have been a couple of elderly people that have lost their lives becuase of flooding.

Well I hope that everyone has a good day and all stays well for you all:)

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Kandy & everyone,,,, yes Kandy there has been some terrible flash flooding again...!!!! A combination of frozen waterlogged ground & too much of our country covered by combination of roads, concrete & houses........!!! Where can the water go..!!!! Ah well our wonderful:doh: government knows best....!!!!!!:mad::help:

Doing more Christmas stuff amongst everything else today.... Maybe even my beautiful tree I got yesterday...!!!! Shall see how the day goes... I have to dip my roses in wax to ready for my outdoor bunches as well.... Not doing a wreath for there this year..... So I have plenty to do.!:hehe:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing.!

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Marley,hope you had a lovely day yesterday waxing your roses and putting up your tree.You sound talented like my eldest sister.She makes all her own Christmas and Birthday cards plus Easter and used to make all the clothes for her to daughters so saved a fortune with it all.Did you take any piccys of the waxed roses when you had finished them,they would have been nice to see:gnthb:

Talking of flooding we went past the gravel pits where I used to live and looking down to the river a lot of the fields were flooded.I can well remember when the town I was brought up in was flooded and a lot of the residents hadn't got insurance:oops: I can't belive just how much rain we have had of late:flag:

Hope you have a good day in all that you do:)

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning everyone, hope everything is going well with your Chrstmas preps. Certainly not Mr 02's year this year. Last Thursday he fell off a ladder, trying to be helpful while I was at work, putting up my curtains in the livingroom.:oops: (Of which I hadn't even ironed yet!!) :( After a 4 and half hour wait at A&E it was found he has chipped a bone in his wrist so is now in a splint for the next 6-8weeks.:dh: He was very lucky in the fact that he fell on our glass coffee table which didnt break. I believe in counting your blessings, it could have been a whole lot worse. So now I have no chauffeur as he cant drive and I dont. So Ive decided its driving lessons for me next year. Bit late in life to start, but as they say, better late than never.:) Hope you all have a good day.:thumb: 02

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Kandy & everyone,
    Kandy I didn't wax the roses in the end yesterday as I was still waiting to see if they will open a bit more..... :( Seems not so will do them today... Rose buds rather than open flowers :dh: This is the 2nd bunch.... Still never mind.. Can't win them all..!!!!:D So yes I will take before & after pics for you then Kandy... It keeps them looking nice whatever the weather throws at them..!!:wink::hehe:

:( Gosh O2 your other half was lucky..!!! Must have been some good toughened glass...!!! It doesn't bear thinking about what might have been.... As you say, count your blessings..!!! Get well quick Mr O2..!!!!:gnthb:

Well busy here again today, as still doing Christmassy stuff as well as everyday stuff..!!!:dh::D

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing.!

12. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    sorry to read Mr.O2 has been in the wars. He was very very lucky, it could have been much worse if the glass had broken on the coffee table.

Hopefully Shiney has made it to his destination by now.

I have not even ventured out into the garden to see how it is faring, I'm afraid I'll just be squelching in water and mud if I was to go to the bottom of the garden. the bird feeders need filling up so I'm going to ahve to brave it soon.

We has a most enjoyabel Christmas party at Coseners' House Hotel in Abingdon. Very nice indeed and would be happy to go back there next year. lovely room facing the Thames and I can assure you, there was plenty of water in that river and it was moving rather rapidly too.

I have still not got the Christmas decorations up but I think I might be getting the Christmas feeling xmastreeand will get Wazzakins to get the decoration out of the loft this evening.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,02 sorry to hear of your other halfs accident,he was very very lucky he didn't do himself a nasty injury:oops: Definetley learn to drive so you won't have to rely on your hubby all the time.Hope he starts to feel better soon:thumb:

Marley I guessed right on Pals thread about who made the wreath.It could only be you as you are such a talented lady:gnthb: I had a nice couple of roses in bud and flower in the front garden but after the frosts of last week they have gone brown now so don't look as good.:p Hope the chrismassy stuff went ok:thmb:

Shobhna,glad that the Christmas party went off ok and that you all got home safely.I know what you mean about trying to fill up the bird feeders etc when the ground is slippery.I managed to slip over twice trying to get over to feed the guneia pigs in bad weather:(

Anyway hope everyone reading this has a good day:)

14. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning Kandy and All. Getting to the shops nice and early this morning to hopefully avoid the crowds.:skp: Ive spent a small fortune on close family member Christmas cards and put them somewhere safe. Can I find them,:scratch: can I heck!! :dh:Hope you all have a pleasant day. 02

15. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning Kandy & everyone, well my flowers were not as good as I had hoped so got some more, but they don't seem to want to open either...!!! Ooogh..!!! Will show you them when done though, they have just never been such a problem before..!!! It is the weather you are right Kandy.... :dh:

:) So busy bee-ing today..!!! Catch up with you all later...:D

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!