Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Good Morining everyone.
    glad to read that Mr. Helofadigger got on well at the hospital, and that everyone is nearly ready fro Christmas.

I'm not but that is because I have had other issues to deal with. The plan is to make this weekend the one to get all the rest of the cards posted and the house back to normal.
    I have 2 more days at work next week then I'm off till Monday 5th Jan.

Wazzakins is still working Christmas Day and Boxing Day,
    On Christmas Day I will do Bucks Fizz for breakfast and drink it all myself and let him watch.
    On Boxing Day he does not have to be at work till 3pm so we will make that our Christmas Morning and I'll do another Bucks Fizz.
    He will still only be allowed to sniff it since it's a jobs worth for him to have alcohol on his breath.:hehe:

Basically, I will do the drinking, he will do the working...:wink: then he can have a drink on the 31st December. He has two days off then. :yho:

2. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello everyone, Yes Kandy very windy in this neck of the woods in fact the last hour or so it has gone really rough, I will after get mrs j back in, she went to put the washing out at 10 oclock this morning :hehe: I dont think we will be having any snow Hel, Well the bookies dont think so, and they are never wrong when it comes to money, never seen a poor one yet.
    I also hope things get better for you Hel in the new year, I know what this kind of worry does to people, keep up the faith

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,Saturday has rolled round again:)

It looks like the wind has died right down for the time being from what I could see under our street light of the plants in my garden but we have rain at the moment.Mr K has a job to do today over at the allotment.When I went over the other day to take the bags of Guneia Pig compost and opened the shed I could see daylight through the roof where the strong winds have ripped off the felt yet again.This will be the third timne this year he has had to do it.I can't understand why it happens because each time he does a fantastic job of it:( It is costing us more in felt than what the sheds worth:oops:

Nathan do you ever get any snow where you are or are you too near the coast for it to settle?:)

Shobnah sorry you will be spending Christmas on your own.Now that is one thing i would hate.Have you no friends you could go and spend some time with?:flag:

Hel,glad to hear that Bob might be years away from dialysis,not pleasnt to have to go through me thinks.Just keep everything crossed that all will be ok in the end for you all:luv:

Hope you all have a great day with no doubt all the Christmas preperations that should be going on round about nowxmastree

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Thanx guys.:luv:

Shobnah is it me but spending Christmas your way doesn't sound too bad add a couple of boxes of nice chocolates to go with that Bucks Fizz and it seems a lovely way to spend Christmas although maybe not for Wazzakins! Never mind there will be plenty of time catching up with the drinking on New Years Eve I think he even gets an extra second this year!:wink:

Nathan we had bad wind last night and I don't mean Bob for once :hehe: it was indeed blowing a gale outside I dread to think what has been blown over.

Kandy poor Mr.K. mending that roof yet again he must be quite a pro at it now :doh:but I do hope that come next year it's not yet another repeat performance.

Well I did manage to wrap all the presents yesterday but I have to confess I have only written in one card so I might just give them a miss this year. I have still got to go and see our old neighbour and take them our traditional present a fruit flan goodness knows how that started but it always goes down well.

Anyway guys try not to rush out and do any shopping I'm sure the 'madness' to fill everyone's fridge for Christmas has started....I sometimes wonder why people stress out so much trying to buy 'nice' things to eat at Christmas I mean are we not all special enough to have tasty treats throughout the year?:wink: Hel.xxx.

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hello folks!

Just popped in to wish you all the warmest wishes for this Christmas.

So sorry I've missed Shiney but I am sure that Mr and Mrs S are having a wonderful time.

02, Kandy and Hel - good to catch up on all your news - may you and your loved ones have a happy and healthy 2009.

WOO - big hugs to you my friend.

To everyone - have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas, treasure your loved ones and don't forget to feed those hungry little birds!

Hope to be back much more in the New Year but at the mo things are still a bit difficult.

Take good care

Lots of Love

Kath

6. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello everyone I know I write late in the day but I do get up in the morning honestly :hehe:
    Done most of the Xmas presents now I just need to get mrs j something
    Hya kandy, yes we do get snow here we are inland a bit, so it does stick, nice to look at, but I hate driving on it, and if the council dont grit the roads, thats it until it thaws, and then the drains wont take it, never mind.
    Bought mrs j a tree for christmas and she still hasnt put it up mind you it is 30ft tall :usr: sale in b + q mryxms
    Is it me or are all the toys etc a lot more expensive than last year must be a worry for some

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, not bee in for a few days... I have just been sooo busy, with Christmas & family....:dh: Well I finally waxed my roses & did my bunches to last week.. I have posted some pics on it Kandy if you want to see...
    :( I now have a dreadful cold this morning, which I could do without as still people to see & things to do... Might have to re-think about visiting a couple of elderly peeps with this cold, don't want to spread it if I can help it...!!:dh:

:thmb: Well have a good day everyone, whatever you are up to..!!!!

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Marley and all.

Yes indeed Marely the days seem to be flying pass so very quickly I honestly think I'ave 'done everything' and then something else crops up!:doh:

Just need to make a flan for one of our old neighbours something I have been doing for years for them in fact I only stopped when they moved away to live the life of a pirate (well almost it was a narrow boat they went to live on) and of course play catch up with what's going off in their family and ours.

Marley Bob's got another head cold again guess it's that blooming iron he had last week, take care sweetie you don't want to be laid up over Christmas not with those lovely grandchildren of yours to have fun with.:D

Nathan I do believe you although I'm sure thousands wouldn't that you do get up in the mornings!:wink:

Cookie nice to hear from you sweetie have a lovely Christmas darling and take care of yourself.:luv:

Have a nice day guys and be warned if there's still some food shopping to do it's going to be crazy out there so go easy.:thumb:Hel.xxx.

9. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Good Morning all:)..Seems the bug is travelling far and wide Marley:dh:..Mrs Pal was too ill to work on Friday and is only just perking up. She too has decided not to visit vunerable folk just to be on the safe side.
    Hope you are all well:)

10. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Do the planners that be, Ever take the time to work out how much traffic there is now,
    I took my sister- in- law to Aldi this morning, It is on a shopping precinct at the far end of town, where it took us 1 hour to get out to the main road, A distance of approx 500 mtrs
    When they plan these shopping centres they must have an idea where the roads are going to merge, Onto a main road with traffic lights on, and a roundabout
    There are 6 or more super stores, and a cinema on this land, and has you can imagin on a normal day it is bad, but today was chaotic, I know its xmas and perhaps we should have gone earlier but it would not have made a great deal of difference as the planning on this development as been diabolical is there anywhere else like this ?

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyonehad a few Sciatica hiccups these last few days and have had trouble sleeping etc which has put me behind{scuse pun} a bit.

Anyway,I have lots to do still so I am going to wish everyone a very 'Happy Christmas' and hope that you all have a fantastic time with lots of nice prezzies,food and drinkies.xmastree

See you all in the New Year.:luv:

12. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well Marley I have one rose in flower in the back garden, And I was over the moon watching you dip your flowers in the thread dipping them in the wax never seen that before So I am going to have a go on Christmas morning, if ok will put a pic up on thread to show you, Then you can judge me ho ho ho ho ho ho mryxms fcdnc

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Good Day everyone, busy bee here at the moment.. As I expect most of you are too..
    ]:thumb: Nathan, I am glad my waxed roses interested you enough to try... I love to do it & they do look beautiful & last for ever..!
    :thmb: Look forward to seeing your pic..! Good Luck..!:D

Have a good day everyone, whatever you are all up to..!

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Good morning all my friends Its Christmas day,and Santa,s been because his Mince pie and drink have gone:hehe:you all have a lovely day
    and please stay safe.:)

15. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Please, have a wonderful day everyone.

robert