Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,666
    Hi Everyone hope you are all Ok and well,A bit late today trying to get the car out the Garage but to no avail,I will have to get a Bus:dh::)
    [​IMG]

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Freezing cold day here too, -7 last night. You were wise to leave the car in the garage Woo and get the bus. Thats why you are Wiswoldowl. :cool::gnthb: 02

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, early this morning got up with hubby hes just left for airport back to africa, we got a lovely parcel yesterday from directors of his company 6 lovely bottles of wine how nice of them, its our xmas pressie they sent them now as with us being away for xmas they didnt like to send them in case we didnt get them.
    helen we have had a lot of frost its freezin thought we would of had snow mind to no avail sad i love the snow.
    marley havnt made appointment yet i must call doctor with hubbys flight to paris cancelled the other day due to ice i had that much to do and rosas going to poodle parlour today going to call docs this morning maybe get in monday, no more coca cola for me i should of known as it made me bad years ago and i stopped drinking the stuff.
    woo your doing right i would leave car in garage its very dangerous out there just at the moment.
    take care all and have a great day

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, Glad your other half got away safely this time rosa, lonely for you I supose the first few days..:wink: gGet your appointment sorted too..

:( Well we had some freezing fog around earlier but seems to have gone now.. Busy day here with people dropping in I think today...:)

:thmb: Stay safe everyone if you are driving & have a good day.!

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Marely and all.

Well I have been off line because we were really let down quite badly in fact our bolier wasn't fixed until YESTERDAY afternoon! To say we were peed off about about it is an understatement :mad: although truth be told it makes you wonder how we managed as kids not having any central heating....it's true kids today don't know how good they have got it!:old:

Rosa look after yourself sweetie get sorted, you must find time for yourself otherwise how would little Rosa cope with a poorly mum.

Woo that really must have been terrible catching a bus I mean I would rather catch a cold!:hehe: Seriously though there's nothing worst than having to go somewhere and not being able to use your car at least if you need to stop somewhere along the way you can stop where ever instead of waiting for the bus to reach the next stop....if you know what I mean?:cnfs::dh:

Well I'm a happy and now very warm camper today nothing can spoil my day, I do hope all you have a lovely day too.Hel.xxx.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley, helen and everyone, thanks will do helen, rosas all sorted she went to parlour yesterday had a lovely bath cut and her nails clipped so shes sorted.
    thats teribble marley your boiler going at this time of year in this cold hope its all sorted now.
    have a great day all

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

You can tell I am warm and toasty because my fingers are going like the clappers on here this morning!:hehe: I just can't believe how we managed without the heating earlier on this week!

Thankfully we were so nice and warm that Bob and I even managed to popped over to the allotment for a couple of hours didn't think it was possible we even broke into a sweat! It was really good to be outside knowing you were going home to a nice warm environment I can tell you.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and do take care guys.Hel.xxx.

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning rosa Hel & everyone, :yho:Soooo glad you have your boiler fixed Hel, what a time to be without it...!!! s00kA friend of my daughter has had no heat all this week as they are waiting for a boiler part we found out yesterday....So Aimee & I took he some extra beddingl.... She & her 3 small children were all sleeping in the same bed to keep warm..! Aimee & I were so shocked she was in such a predicament... She was widowed 18 months ago & in rented accomodation with a housing association.... Aimee & I filled her meter & gave her a couple of convectors we had & until it is fixed we have all made a pact to keep her meter full until the boiler is fixed this week...!!!! It was shocking to see them all like that with about 6 layers of clothes, but still cold, for so long in this age..!!:( They are all happier this morning for a good nights sleep..!!!:D

:thmb: Well everybody keep warm & have a good day whatever you are doing...!

BTW everyone, Don't forget to vote for the Photo of the year in the comps....!!!!

9. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Wonder full story so glad there are people like you in this world give yourselves a pat :cl-p:

10. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Marley thankfully we don't have a 'young' family or Bob on home dialysis yet otherwise I think our boiler free days would have truly been unbearable. I have to admit it took a while for me to get use to the warmth I still had to wear a couple of layers of clothes!:hehe:

Your daughter and you are lovely people Marely looking after other people this is how things should be and lets face it it does make you feel really good about yourself afterwards doesn't it?

I can't believe it but it 'feels' so much warmer outside today!Have a lovely Sunday guys.Hel.xxx.

12. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning Hel & everyone, thanks for your kind words, but I like to think anyone I know would do the same... They are very warm & toasty now & the weather is set to ewarm up so hopefully they will be alright.... You know the thing is, they never complained before we found out.... She is a young widow as I say, her parent, her fatheris old & lives in Scotland & she hasn't told himm as there really isn't allot he can do... & her inlaws have very little to do with them since her husband died... Such a sad situation.... Makes you think how well off you are.......:( Anyway hopefully fixed this week..!!!:yho:

Hel, thankfully you didn't have to do all tha without heat... I think you & Bob have done well too in your cold... It does take a time to get warmed right back up too... Glad you are cosy now...:thmb:

Have today to myself, so will see if I can do all those silly little things I have put off..!!:dh:
    :thmb: Have a good day everyone, whatever you are up to..!!

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone and a belated 'Happy New Year to you all' sorry to be late getting on here but Mr Kandy and myself went away for Christmas and the New Year down to Somerset and we had a brilliant time and saw some lovely wildlife and got photos of some cracking sunsets.:thumb:

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year Celebrations:)

I've been busy last week catching up on all the washing and ironing that goes with holidays drying of the Xmas trees that stood outside, plus have managed to clean the inside of the caravan ready for Mr Kandy to wash the outside but because it is too bitterly cold out there today and the hose pipe has frozen that job has to wait.:flag:

Have also prepared the Sunday dinner for today plus prepared all the meat and vegetables and got all that going in my slow cooker so at least Mr Kandy will come home to a nice Stew and dumplings tomorrow night.:D

Hope you all have a great day and I will see if i can catch up with you all next week.Take Care :luv:

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Welcome back Kandy glad to hear you and Mr.K had a lovely time, lol about the washing one of my (many) faults is that I let mine build up then I go crazy to clear the lot!:doh:

Marley I totally agree with you sweetie I too would really like to think others would do the same as you did and do but some people believe if they are alright s*d anyone else. Bob and I are soft souls and drop everything to help people out ok we have done things and got no thanks for it but we can both sleep well at night knowing we have done out bit.

I can't imagine what that poor girl is going through having no family near her and her late husband's family having nothing to do with her that's horrible, thank goodness for your daughter Marely she must be a get comfort to her.

Talking about 'doing our bit' our poor neighbour forgot to wrap up his outdoor tap and got a burst pipe for his troubles once again Bob to the rescue unfortunately it was still too cold for Bob to don his superhero outfit so he had to go incognito, I tell you it's handy having a Bob around the place!:hehe:

Well it's that time of the month so I'ave got to brave the wind & rain to pay our council tax and do a little shopping too. Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone.
    nice to see your back kandy, had the same all the washing and ironing since my holiday.
    have a great day all