Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen,Rosa and everyone,thanks for the welcome back:) Had a brilliant time away and I must say I didn't miss the old laptop one bit.:yho:

I don't know where the time goes to and I seem to have more to do each day.I have definetly decide that this year even more of the loft space is going to be cleared and stuff chucked away.Half of it never sees the light of day so what's the point of keeping it all just to be chucked out after we have gone anyway:p

Helen glad that you have got your heating sorted.I heard on the radio before xmas that a lot of peoples boilers pack up this time of the year because once they go off in the warm weather they are not switched on again until it gets to winter months so because they are standing idle something indside them goes wrong and the fault isn't found again until the weather gets really cold.Not sure if this is all true,just what they were saying on one of the stations I listen to.{Radio5 live}

Rosa,luckily with the washi ng machine I jsut chuck it all inside and the machine does it all.It is just the drying that takes the time though last week I did use the tumble drier.I actually find irioning theraputic so have never minded doing it.:D

Well I hope you all have a great day and please don't get too wet or blown away if you venture out :oops:

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Hel rosa & Kandy & everyone,Nice to see you back again Kandy & glad you had a lovely time..:thmb:

Well back to the grind today & it wet & horrible too....!! Shall be using my dyer today..!!!!:(

Well my daughter's friend is managing OK & has been told the part & the engineer will be there on Wed morning..!!! I hope so... She is a strong girl I tell you Hel & she needs to be... Her children are lovely I have no idea how the in-laws cannot & will not bother with the children at least as she says... But NO... Although her husband was killed in a tragic accident at his work, his family somehow blame her for it..... I tell you if I think about it all too much I get very upset....:( Anyway they are managing & are happy...!! :)

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing.!

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,665
    Morning all Just recovering from Man and Lady Flu It swept through our nest,have a good day and all stay safe:)

4. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Take care woo my wife had for 6 weeks and it has just got better, now awful thing touch wood I am ok at the moment :}

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,sorry to hear about the bad case of both and man flu you and Mrs Woo have been suffering from.There seems to be a lot of it about this year though up to yet apart from Mr Kandy having man flu the other month we have been clear of the recent bugs going around.:flag:

Hope you and Mrs Woo start to feel better soon:thmb::luv:

Nathan hope Mrs Nathan is staring to feel a lot better as well and I do hope that you are not affected.Hope your family are well also and all had a great xmas:)

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Marley I can honestly say those in-laws (of your daughter's friend) are missing out on so many things I mean out of every tragic event one has to see some joy and those children are very lucky indeed to have a loving and strong mum, I wish her all the best in the world bless her.

Thankfully although not blessed with a good family (my side that is) I have a wonderful set of in-laws and I know that come what may I can depend on them for support if needed, although truth be known it's normally me giving them the moral support !:thumb:

Darling Woo I'm so sorry sweetie to hear about your illness I do truly hope it was only a fleeting visit from that dreaded flu.:luv:

Kandy I'm sure there just might be some truth in that bolier thing because we don't use the central heating very much at all come spring/summer, we only tend to use it when we get a chilly evening and want to sit down and relax all the other times we are too busy doing things to think we might be a little cold!:hehe:

Well I'm brushing off these cool mornings and starting a couple of DIY jobs lucky girl that I am I will be able to use some of the lovely pink tools I got for Christmas although I am starting to worry about Bob because he keeps asking to use them....do you think he's trying to tell me something?:confsd:Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and everyone, it seems that cold flu is going around ive had it 8 weeks still cant get rid of it, hope everyone recovers from it soon.
    have a great day all

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morni ng Helen Rosa and everyone,late up today so am running late.My bodyclock still hasn't caught up after Christmas so it is all over the place.

Cool here at the moment but at least the rain has stopped.

Rosa,sorry to hear you have been feeling none too good.Touch wood and everything me and Mr K have been sniffle free so hopefully we will remain that way this winter.My snoedrops are just showing white so it won't be long before they are up and fully open.

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do.:):luv:

9. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Morning Woo Hel rosa Kandy & all, late in here this morning.... Woo & rosa, hope you are both feeling better soon, it does take a while to shake it off it seems..:wink:

Hel, I cannot understand why the inlaws are the way they are towards my daughters friend, but they are.... I find it hard to beleive as well, but I know they don't lift a finger for her, never contact her & when she does contact them, (goodness only knows why) which she does they are unpleasant...!! She wpuld like them to show love to the children not her, but no....... So sad,,,, The little chap is turning out so like his Dad too... Ah well, maybe one day they will realise what they have done... Maybe....:( Anyway, there are a few of us who do bother... I think she is a smashing girl & puts her children 1st everytime.....:thmb:

Well today is carer day next door, so will get ready for that later....

:lollol: Hel you keep a close eye on Bob if he is eying up the pink tools...!!!! Should we all worry for him..??:lollol::lollol:

:thmb: I hope everyone else is well & set up for a good day too..!

10. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    I will have to buy an alarm clock, I am always late on this thread, I hope anyone does not mind,
    My son has a hole in his kitchen ceiling, caused by a water leak from upstairs, this was an insurance job, but you know whats it like, someone promised a while ago to fix it for him, but they never came
    Now look out, I have got a piece of plaster board[which way up]:hehe: kindly given to me by my neighbour, and I am going to have a go this week, whist my son is on weeks stay, in a rehabilation unit, wish me luck this is going to be laugh well I hope not ? :hehe:

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Marley you never stop working sweetheart I'm sure you have earned your wings by now where the rest of us are just battling to stop our feet getting burnt!:hehe:

Nathan Bob use to loathe doing anything DIY-wise not that he couldn't do the work but he just couldn't finish a job before starting another! Good luck with your ceiling!

Once again we have been 'blessed' with a a very cold night although this hasn't stopped my primroses or winter pansys from flowering I can't believe how well these have done, I rescued them from B&Q for mere pennies a year or so back.

Well I have redone under the stairs yesterday and now today I'm doing a revamp on a cupboard, I'm really getting itchy to start some projects in both the gardens and allotment.....all I need is for it to be a little warmer and of course dry and pretty soon otherwise I will run out of projects to do inside our home!:doh:

Have a nice day guys and wrap up well if you are going out.Hel.xxx.

12. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Hel & everyone, I'm late today... Ha ha..... Yes I like to keep busy Hel, think I would go bonkers if I didn't....:D I have a few projects waiting to start & some more decorating as well, no enthusiasm for the latter at the moment though.....:hehe:

Well today is a day for all my stuff to be done, so will catch up later.....:D

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are up to.!

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,665
    Morning all my friends Hope that you are all well and OK,I am slowly improving although my chest sounds like a pair of bellows and My eyes are running and if I don,t stop sneezing soon Mrs Woo said I must move in to the shed,(its only because every time I sneeze all my four legged friends start Barking):hehe:anyway you all have a good day and please stay safe:)

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone.Woo you do make me smile though I have to admit that when i sneeze which usually comes in two's the roof nearly lifts off of the house and when Tina was alive she used to leap a foot into the air:hehe: I have tried to supress it but then end up with a sore throat so i think it is better out than in {or is that wind that you have to do that with :rotfl:} anyway hope you start to feel better soon:):luv:

Marley I am the same as you I like to keep busy and get restless and start to feel guilty if I have five minutes rest.:p

Helen,I have cowslips in flower,took a photo Christmas Eve of them but silly me had set the date stamp wrong on my Kodak Camera so it looks like I took the photo Christmas day but we were down in Somerset then:oops::o

Hope you all have a great day and I do hope we have better weather as well:)

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy and everyone,yes i to had a little smile woo, had my cold for 8 weeks now so i know the feeling lets hope mrs woo doesnt throw you in the shed haha.
    everyone have a great day