Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Rosa and all.

Marley, Kandy I'm a shamed to admit yesterday's 'project' didn't get done because I decided to brave the cold and potter about in the garden even though my fingers felt like they were dropping off I did really enjoy myself and I for one can't wait for the weather to change for the better.:thmb:

Oh sweet Woo it sounds really cute your lovely girls joining their dad making a a song altogether when you sneeze :yho:
    Do you think Mrs.Woo is being just a little jealousy with you being able to sneeze with ease? As we all know some of us ladies have to be very careful indeed when we sneeze and have made sneezing an art form where we have to cross our legs because as we all know our water-works aren't that good after we have had children or is that because we are just getting older:hehe::cnfs:

Kandy my camera isn't coming out to play until it gets warmer it's sulking!:wink:

Rosa you really aren't letting go of the cold are you sweetie?:flag:
    Have a lovely day whatever you are up to gus.Hel.xxx.

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, I know what you mean about the sneezing Woo. Ive been sneezing for about 3 days, but up to now thats all its been. It will be a miracle if I avoid everything thats going around at the moment, as half the people in work are coughing and sneezing all around me.:dh: Fingers crossed:thumb: Hope everyone has a pleasant day.:flwsml: 02

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,Helen and Rosa,hope you are all feeling brighter than me this morning:p

I have been catching up on more ironing,don't know where it all comes from.I blame the washing fairy:hehe:My head feels like it is full of cotton wool so I think I am going to have a lie down for an hour and see if I can catch up on some much needed:snz: Roll on the summer though I see it is staying lighter later in the evenings now:yho:

Rosa,have you made that Dr's appointment yet or have you forgotton all about it?:flag:

Helen,I nearly wrote that I have to cross my legs when I sneeze but thought better of it.I must start doing more exercises as age is starting to have an effect and I haven't even had children so age is my excuse and age is what i am sticking to:hehe:

I keep telling myself I am going to go out in the garden and get some work done but my knees keep changing my mind so will wait until the warmer weather comes round:thmb::ywn:

Well my breadmaker has just bleeped so I had better get my oven gloves on and it get it on a cooling rack.Hope you all have a good day:luv:

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Kandy you sound a little poorly sweetie I do hope you managed to catch some more :snz: I'm a great believer that if you're able to it's best to sleep things off although it's always nice if someone is around to fetch and carry for you and I'm normally the person to do that.....if you require me sweetie I can reduce you to a good sleep within seconds all it takes is one swift bang on the head with my trusty frying pan and you're away!:D

Kandy when the days get a tad longer we will all feel better I mean I do think there is something about having winter blues, short days do seem to get you down and makes you want to head to the fridge and snack or is that just me?:cnfs::D

Kandy there is always some wonderful (?) way our bodies are only too willing to let us know just how much older we are getting; water-works, aches and pains, sleeping longer or less, forgetting things and of course never having enough time to fit everything in!:old:

Well I am now well into the swing of DIY jobs and thankfully it's a good job I am as we were contacted yesterday for a visit from the dialysis nurse next friday morning, I thought hang on a moment we were told it may be a few years yet before Bob will need the treatment although we were also told it may be only months too but we tried to look on the bright side of things!:doh:The nurse replied best to get things over with as soon as possible...oh dear I will have to go nuclear yes I'm one of those people if I know someone's calling I have to make sure everything is in it's correct place or else it's murder!

Well just a few more jobs to knock off today, hope you all have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Hel rosa & Kandy, sorry you were feeling a bit rough yesterday Kandy, hope you are feeling a bit better today..... :( Yep, just a tad sad when the old body keeps reminding you of age Hel I agree... I just tell it to shut up & let me carry on...!!!!:lollol:

Had a great day yesterday, helped out at my 2 youngest grand childrens school cake sale...!! Plus they made lots of money from selling the cakes so very worth while.... :thmb: All lovely yummy homemade cakes too..!! It is a self funded school so amongst their fund raisers is a monthly cake sale & raffle...!!! It is a super school... Always something going on it seems.!:D

:thmb: Well all have a good day today whatever you are up to..!!

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Hel and Marley,tried to have a lie down yesterday but found that I couldn't sleep and then the cat started to climb all over mek-l so I gave up and went out into the garden for some fresh air.:D Managed to get some tidying up done of old dead plant leaves and also managed to take some photo's of my Robin which was singing close by in my cherry tree:)Had to come indoors in the end as I was starting to get cold and didn't want to set my back off again.We have rain again today so looks like I shall be stuck in doors all day:ywn:

Hel,I can't function proprely unless I have some sunlight.When i go outside in the fresh? air I start to come alive but as soon as I go back indoors it starts to drug me and I feel tried again.:(I have to keep telling myself not to be lazy and get back on with some work.If anyone heard me they would shake their heads:hehe:

Hel hope that all goes well with the nurse next week.Lets just hope it is a long way off yet before Bob needs to be hooked up.I have signed up so that in the event of my death then the Hospital can take anything of me that they want.I might as well save someones life as my bits and pieces won't be of use to me after I have gone,though hopefully by the time I go my bits and pieces will be too old to be of any use.:D

Marley,I reckon you ought to set your own cake making buisness.You will make a fortune selling all those lovely cakes.:D

Well I hope I haven't bored you all too much for those of you who have a peep at what we put on here and here is the photo of my singing Robin,who I have called Bobby:thmb:
    PS Sorry for the dark photo but it was getting late in the afternoon and the light was wrong but at least I tried

[​IMG]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning hel, kandy, marley and everyone.
    helen no i cant shake off this cold its teribble and kandy i forgot to call docs i dont really want to be getting hospital appointments just yet as hubby,s going into hospital for a minor op and i dont want an appointment same time as me as he will want for me to go with him i guess, will wait a wekks or two then make appointment unless these pains kick off again but i feel ok thanks.
    marley lovely cakes i bet there just lovely homemade, ive been buying morrisons sherry trifle by its delicious yummy.
    nice pic kandy its dark but its still nice lovely outline of the bird well done.
    well have a great day everyone

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,looks like I am the first one on here this morning though I see we have 10 guests so I am not alone:D Good morning to all you lurkers out there who also cannot sleep:flag::ywn:

It is blowing quiet a gale out there and we also have rain beating against the window which is keeping me awake and then to top it all dear Poppy decided to throw up outside the bedroom door so have had to get up to clear that all up grrrrrrr.

Rosa,don't want to lecture you but you need to get that Dr's appointment booked,to make sure it isn't anything too serious.By the time your hubby comes back on leave you could have been to see the Dr to let them have a look at the problem.I shall keep nagging until you do it:D:luv:

Well I am sitting here feeling cold while waitng for the house to warm up.I shall now go and have a read of my book until Mr K gets up which will probably be around 7ish so have a few hours to wait:ywn::snz:

Hope to see you all later,sweet dreams:)

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends hope that you are all OK and well,Its another new Day one more step towards our Spring time,I have stopped Sneezing now so I can fetch my bed back in from the Shed:hehe:I now have a half a spring in my step so that's a start,Now you all have a great weekend and Please stay safe:thumb::)

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Woo and all.

Kandy you are up early girl I do hope you haven't had a little accident strangely a coincidence what with us talking about water-works eariler on in the week!:hehe: Seriously though I do hope you're sleeping well.:)

Woo glad you're feeling better sweetie and remember to keep on smiling.:wink:

Kandy nice of you to share that sweet Robin with us, looks like he's practicing for the next X-Factor!
    I have never lost the sheer joy of watching my two favourite birds the lovely Robin and of course the Kestrel it's one of many passions I share with Bob as he's just as mad about them as I am.

Rosa what are those guys like we ladies do have to hold their hands don't we?:hehe: I do hope it all goes well with hubby and his op and that he's a good patient for YOU afterwards.:D

Bless you Kandy for donating your organs when you 'give up the ghost' even if your organs have been well used I'm sure there will be something left to enrich someone else's life. I don't believe in people not been given the chance to make their own minds up, I mean we could have doctors taking 'stuff' from people who has every chance of recovering!

Well I did have a brilliant time yesterday and did so much DIY I am well chuffed with myself and I am hoping to crack on with a little painting later on today, once I am hooked up to my MP3 player I can do wonders although everyone else is walking around with their fingers in their ears....yes indeed I can't sing for toffee but that doesn't stop me from trying!:yho: Have a lovely day guys.Hel.xxx.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

I do hope you are all well and looking forward to the new week.

I'm still very busy and I'm loving every moment of it thankfully when my body starts playing up I'm far too sleepy to worry about it so alls good here!:thumb:
    Have a nice sunday guys.Hel.xxx.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen,overslept again this morning and Mr K got up before me {by 20mins} which is most unusual because I am always an early bird at the weekends.This sleeping in has come later for me,it usually happens in October when we change the clocks but has now happened since we went away for Xmas.I shall just get used to it and then the clocks will change again in March so will be out of it again.:snz: That wind and rain was really bad all day yesterday and my car now has a couple of scratches on it where the recycling bin hit it as it flew past grrrrr:(

At least I managed to get out for a little while yesterday in the friont garden and got some tidying up done and exposed an Aconite in flower and also some snowdrops in bud.:) Have just got back indoors from our early Sunday morning walk and have just popped on here for a few minutes before I start on the day.

Singing is good exercise for the lungs Hel and I am always singing while I do my work and I don't care who hears me:hehe:

Good Luck with the DIY and hope you have a lovely day :)

PS the day has nearly half gone and I don't feel like I have done a thing:ywn:

13. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    G'day all, weather has pushed me back inside again, raining and blowing a hooligan !!

When is Michael due back from overseas...it seems awfully quiet aroiund here.. :yho:

Steve...:)

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,463
    Hello everyone,

I'm back :yho:

I got back a week ago but have been too busy to get on here. I've still got lots to catch up on but hope to be on here more regularly now :thmb:.

We had a great time seeing all the different countries and people and I hope to eventually find time to show you some of my travels. Since I retired I have been doing a lot of travelling and have a large variety of photos from many different countries.

Can't stop on here for long now but here is a candid photo I managed to take from a distance of approx 150ft. I had to use the zoom on the camera because I didn't think he would hold the same pose for long :) :lollol:. I have had to crop and clean up the photo.

No! It isn't a picture of me :D

Have a great day :D :D

[​IMG]

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Shiney...!!!!:) Good to hear you had a great time...!! Look forward to more photos then..!!! That one of the old guy is incredible... ! Not too sure about his teeth though..!!!:dh::hehe: