Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Welcome home Michael.....thats an ace candid mate! Wish I'd taken that one.

Steve...:)

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Welcome back Shiney,looks like you had a good holiday though I think that old boy in your photo looks like he needs to pay a visit to the dentist.:hehe: Our village dentist has put up a large board outside our village advertising that they are taking on NHS patients,perhaps he can get some treatment there:D What do you mean about clean up the photo,do you mean get rid of noise on it.I like my photos to be natural but each to their own:flag::luv:

Good morning world,got up late again this morning,so are late getting on here again:ywn: Was hoping to get over to the allotment today but the torrential rain has put paid to that.It is nice to see though that at 4.45pm last night it was still light outside and I do love to hear the birds singing in the mornings.

They had a scientist chap on the local radio yesterday saying we are in for a hot summer so we shall see.Our resident Blue Tit is taking an interest already in our nest boxes which is a good sign of decent weather to come.Last year they never sat until at least March which for them was late.

Hope I haven't bored you all too much and hope you all have a great day in everything you do:luv:

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Welcome back Shiney it's good to have you back amongst us we have all missed you so very much and of course we do want to hear about your wayward ways ...eh I mean your wonderful holiday tales!:wink:
    I do so like that photo bless the guy it's a great picture to have on any dentist's wall it would surely scare anyone into brushing their teeth!:oops:

Lol Steve I thought I was talking to myself some days in a row but then again that's nothing knew thankfully the voices in my head didn't answer back!:D

Kandy sweetie wonder-woman (Me) is still going strong yesterday I finished some painting on the stairs, painted the back-step, replaced a door strip, stained the porch support and even had time to finish the girls new patchwork cushion...I too wish the weather would dry up some because I'm quickly running out of odd jobs to do at home and yet there is so much to do over at the plots!
    Have a lovely day guys whatever you are upto.Hel.xxx.

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning everyone,

Thanks very much for your warm welcomes :o :D :D

The weather here is now brightening up after a wet night and I hope you can all get out there to start tidying up for the lovely summer we are going to have.

Kandy, I rarely play around with my photos - mainly because I can't be bothered - but I wanted to sort out this photo so that I could put it into a local competition. I turned it into 'portrait', removed some 'noise', removed the white patch by his hat, darkened some of the image to improve the look and removed the hand of the person paddling the boat.

For normal showing of photos I would definitely not bother to alter them. This is the first one I have altered (and shown) ever. Mrs shiney and I went to adult education classes last year to learn a bit about Photoshop and the only altering we have done is in the class.

Here is the original.

[​IMG]

Have a great day :D

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning everyone, I know excactly what you mean Hel... I want it ti dry up a bit so that I can get on with some other jobs as I too am running out of the little jobs...!! Spent an hr up in the greenhouse yesterday afternoon have a tidy & washing a few pots etc..... Roll on spring time is what I say..!:yho::D

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing.!

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Shiney you did indeed do a wonderful 'job' on that photo and you were so right to clean it up.:thmb:

Marley I'm driving Bob insane at the moment running around like a headless chicken I'm finding things to do that don't really need doing (if you get my meaning) I have already 'found' another project to start on our downstairs loo!:lollol:

I must admit I am loosing it somewhat I 'lost' my tablet container yesterday and although I looked high and low I just couldn't find it I even looked in the bin! Needless to say Bob found it and would you believe it was in the fridge!:doh:

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Giood morning everyone,hope you have all slept well.Actually managed to drag myself out of bed early this morning.:ywn:

Shiney,yes I can see how you have improved that photo now you have shown me the before and after one.It does make it heaps better:thmb:

Have been busy preparing the veggies to go into the shepherds pie I am making today.Looking forward to eating some of it later.:)Perhaps I ought to set up my own restaurant like that Menthal bloke who was on the telly last night and then I can charge £125ish per head for my grub,though he doesn't seem to be winning the Little Chef war at the moment:rotfl:

Hel good luck with the decorating.I keep threatening to start on ours but then think I have enough to do without starting on that lot.After all that is what we have men for:hehe:

Marley I bet you enjoyed the time in the greenhouse,I know I always do especially when I have me radio on.:)

Well,I have a job to do this morning.Punky our golden coloured Guneia Pig that I rescued nearly two years ago passed away yesterday afternoon so have to go out and bury her this morning.Mr Kandy would have done it but by the time he got home from work it was pitch dark so I have thought of a good spot where she can rest without getting disturbed.:(

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Hel,you must have posted while I was typing.Sounds like you are a bit of a busy bee at the moment with your projects.Have you tried out those self cleaning paint pod thingy's?can't remember the correct name for them but they have a pipe that the paint goes along to a roller and I think there is a tank where the paint goes.We have een them in B&Q but are not sure if they are any good.
    At least with no paper on the walls we don't have to go to the trouble of peeling the stuff off and having to put up new stuff.I used to think Anaglypter{spelling} was a nightmare but at least when you got bored with the colour you could easily change it.

Hope you have a good day:thmb:

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning Hel & everyone, Well I am putting off decorating this week as I now have a Dorothy costume to make (wiz of oz) for my grand daughter & another one of something I have yet to find out, for my youngest grandson.. They have to dress up as their favourite book character next week at school...:D This well be fun I am sure. so will have to get my sewing machine out & get sewing..!!:dh::D

Hel I kept putting a pot of cream in a kitchen cupboard last week!!!! So you are not alone..!! Headless chicken syndrome can be very frustrating...!!!:hehe:

:thmb: Anyway, take care everyone & have a great day what ever you are up to.!

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, off to sons shortly as he is having carpet fitted throughout his flat. Mother hen has to make sure that the job is done properly.:skp::tnp::D 02

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning Helen, Kandy Marley and all,

Helen, there's nothing wrong with putting your tablet container in the fridge :) although I'm not so sure about not being able to find it :hehe:. I've got some decorating you can do if you have some spare time. We have a lovely garden room you can stay in :thmb:

Kandy, sorry to hear about Punky :(. Shepherds Pie sounds nice :). What else is on today's menu and are you taking bookings? As long as it isn't £125 :yho:.

Marley, it sounds as though you are going to be busy but I'm sure you can cope with no trouble.:)

I'm going to try and get some patio cleaning done this morning. It is looking really filthy and the green mould is spreading quickly. As it is sandstone the dirt and mould form quite quickly :mad:. I should have time to do about an hour of it before I have to go out. It normally takes me at least 20 hours so I have a lot to go :help:.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Morning O2, I missed your posting. You give them a good carpeting if they don't do it right :hehe: :flag:

13. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello tmo2wit hope you have a good job done that was my work before I had to finish in 04 plenty of cups of tea I think :hehe:

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning everyone,

I've got a busy day today so shall have to be out in the garden early. Tomorrow will see a considerable change in the garden as we are having the tree surgeons in and I need to move a few things so that they don't get trampled.

Some of the trees in the garden have just got too big or outgrown their position even though I have kept them cut back. I've already taken down a couple of the smaller ones but the tree surgeons will remove their stumps. In the front garden we are having to get rid of two species conifers that we have looked after for over 20 years :(. One is a Zebrina that is 20ft high that we have kept shaped every winter and the other is a 10ft high Stewartii. They have both gradually got wider until they have eventually got in the way. Also a contorted hazel will have the top cut back - I have pruned the rest of it but it is to high for me to finish (not allowed up a ladder).

The back garden is also having a lot done. Our giant willow is due for its regular 10 year topping and shaping - a very big job just on its own. A couple of cherry prunus are having their large dead branches removed and a 15ft willow and two mountain ash trees are being removed - these last three are self-seeded but looked quite good for some years. Our contorted willow is being shortened by 15ft, an old dead victoria plum is being removed, five other trees are being tidied up and he is going to prune six fruit trees that need heavier pruning than I usually give them. There are also a few other bits and pieces that he will do.

All this will probably change the micro-climate in the garden and we will have to plan what to do in the gaps. :scratch:

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,looks like you are all still in bed and I thought i was late coming on here as I have only been up about ten minutes:hehe:

Had lots of computer problems last night so had to give up in the end:(

Shiney I managed to make two cottage pies yesterday as I managed to bulk them out with loads of home grown veggies.The only things I bought were the minced beef,herbs,salt & pepper, carrots and peas,oh and I added a few baked beans as well from a tin.The onions,sweetcorn,parsnips and spuds were all home grown.Much better as I said than that gloop that you can buy as a ready meal and so much cheaper and healthier.:thmb: Didn't fancy the bacon and egg ice cream for dessert or the snail porridge for breakfast{eek}

Very frosty again this morning and it was quiet slippery when me and Mr K went out for a nice walk round the village last night.There were lots of stars out:)

Hope you all have a great day and wrap up warm if you venture out.:luv: