Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney you must have been writing while I was doing mine as I missed yours.I will have to go back and have a read after i have woken up:ywn::snz::D

PS Good luck with having the trees removed and tidied up.We bought a John Downey crab appple three years ago and though we have lots of blossom in the spring we don't get one apple as they all drop off with scab.We were hoping the birds would be able to eat them in the winter but by the time the birds come to feed they are already on the floor.We could do with replacing it but don't fancy the hard work of chopping it down and trying to remove the stump and roots

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Kandy and all.

Lol Shiney as long as you can cover my fee I would gladly come and redecorate my fee would have to be a nice big bowl of Crunchy Nut cornflakes...Yes I'm one of those nutty people! Good luck with the tree felling I'm sure it's going to make so much difference to your garden hoping the weather stays nice for it.

No Kandy I prefer to use my humble paint brush and roller speed isn't the object when it comes to painting for me I enjoy every moment. Your pies sound lovely Kandy and I have to agree with you home made 'stuff' taste so better than shop brought food.

Marley I do hope you will post a photo of your finished Dorothy costume as I'm a great fan of The Wizard Of Oz I always want to dress as Glinda on Halloween but everyone says I make a better Wicked Witch Of The West the cheeky swines although I have to admit it's more fun being a witch I mean you can be naughty and get away with it!:hehe:

Well I found some tool peg boards yesterday and put them up my new pink tools look lovely hanging up on the boards, Bob also put a trellis work up for me outside and even though we were only outside a short while it's still far too cold for us work out in.

Lol my MP3 player packed in yesterday (been using ot too much!) thankfully Dan went with me to get a replacement so I can carry on going crazy with the rest of my DIY projects.
    Have a nice day guys and don't worry it will sonn be Spring! :gnthb:Hel.xxx.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    I've been out there working in the garden but it is too cold (-4C) to carry on. Going to have a hot shower to warm up and then go out shopping :thumb::)

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Morning shiney :hehe: and everyone,

It's not a very nice day out there today. Our tree surgeon isn't coming today as he has been called into the local hospital for some angioplasty. He is about 80 years old, had a massive stroke about 7 years ago, recovered totally from that (with lots of exercise) and has been chopping down trees again for the last 6 years. s00k :). He has scheduled the work for Monday but has agreed not to do any of the hard work but leave it to his men.

Have a great day :D

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Shiney & everyone, Well it is awfully wet here this morning so if it is like that with you shiney maybe you are better not having your trees done today...!:wink: Fingers crossed for you for Monday... My Si L is Tree surgeon & still likes to climb given the ipportunity, he is well into his forties though, but just loves his work...!!!

:wink: Dorothy's costume is coming along...:D

:thmb: Well you all have a good day whatever you are up to..!

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney , Marley and all.

Shiney your tree surgeon does sound like a character may he have a great many years enjoying his trade.

Marley being in your forties (or older) doesn't stop you from enjoying yourself I mean we are only here once so we might as well make the most of it and climbing trees does sound like fun although I have to admit I would need a safety net being a scardy cat and all. :D

Well today I'm finishing off the downstairs loo and just having a quick tidy up nothing major for tomorrows appoinyment. Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Shhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone :hehe:. Oktarine is getting married on Saturday. :yho:

I'll start a new thread.:gnthb:

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all OK,Its torrential rain here
    so I decided(well Gypsy and Penny decided) that we would all go out for a Little walk in this inclement weather,,well we have just got back and we are all soaked to the skin,no that's just me as my four legged friends have water Proof coats:hehe: Penny never appreciated me singing, (Walking in the rain) she kept howling but she was at least in tune :lollol:I,ve rubbed them down with a bath towel and given them some breakfast and they are having a rest now on the floor in front of the fire,now to look after me :dh:anyway you all have a great day what ever the weather and please stay safe:thumb::)

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,hope you don't catch bird flu Woo after getting soaked taking the dogs for their walk.Make sure you dry off well though I exspect you are dry after all these hours:) That is one thing I don'tmiss now not having a dog all the walkies in the pouring rain and the bitterly cold weather where the cold cut right through you.:( If we didn't fancy taking Tina out she would plonk herself right in front of the telly and whine at us until we took notice.We had to give in because with her big head filling the screen we had no choice:p

Well I hope everyone has a good day whatever you are all up to:)

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

All the best for Saturday Oktarine may you have as many fun filled years as Bob and I.:luv:

Woo if only I could drag our two old ladies out when it's wet they just raise their heads and look away in disgust if I mention a walk in the rain, totally different from my beloved Rottie Dude he would walk at my side to the ends of the earth no matter what the weather was like I still miss the big lad so very much.:(

Well this morning we await the visit from the home dialysis nurse to be honest I think they are just checking out clean we are because at the hospital meeting they kept saying how important it was to have a clean environment for home dialysis I wonder if we will pass?:skp::D Have a great day guys.Hel.xxx

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

It is damp out but mild(ish) and not raining.

Helen, good luck with the nurse's visit :thmb:. I'm sure you won't have a problem. I don't know if you are able to set aside a separate room for dialysis but if you can it is much better. They have probably told you this anyway. The company that provides most of the home dialysis equipment is very good and it will make things so much easier.

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Morning everyone, Hel I have my fingers crossed for you & your visit, but I am sure you will pass with flying colours....:gnthb:

:wink: :D No 40 isn't old to be climbing really Hel, but he was involved in a horrendous car accident nearly 14yrs ago now where his back was broken in 2 places...!!! He is a wonderful guy & a work-aholic, so he had to climb again... He took the managers position in his company for a few yrs, until he could climb again, then handed that position back to his wife :wink: & has never looked back since... He is in horrendous crippling pain sometimes but somehow he keeps going & always a smile somewhere for those lovely grandkids of mine..!!:yho:

:thmb: Well everyone have a great day whatever you are up to.!

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everybody,

It's a bright crisp day today and should be just right for Oktarine's wedding :yho:

Your SiL sounds like a very special person :gnthb: and I'm sure his kids are too.

Mrs shiney is teaching all day today and I have got to start soon on cooking the hot lunch for all the students. No peace for the wicked :hehe:

14. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    0)Morning all, hope you have a wonderful wedding Oktarine :gnthb:
    Just got to kick Mr 02 out of bed as I'm decorating the bedroom this weekend.
    Have a great day everone.:thmb: 02

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, 02 and all.

Marley it is wonderful that you have a brilliant relationship with you s-i-l it must give you great comfort that your grandchildren are in safe hands while you are away soaking up the sun.

Shiney what on the menu today then for those lucky students?

Good luck with the decorating 02, I'ave done mine and it's driving me mad because I'm running out of 'inside' jobs!

Well the visit was fine I really don't know why I worried so much about it although I have to admit Bob seemed a little low afterwards I think he's worried that he might become a burden if I 'do' his treatment for him via the arm in the needle method. I have told him not to worry I will enjoy sticking him with needles I mean it's not every day you get a life sized Voodoo doll!:D

Not sure what's on the books today it's been a pretty chilly night here so going out and doing some work might not be a 'nice' idea. Have a lovely day guys.Hel.xxx.