Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Hi Helen,

Today's menu is:-

Slightly spicy red lentil soup,
    Hot plain and hot olive ciabatta,
    Vegetarian Lasagne topped with spinach and ricotta mix and sprinkled with pine nuts,
    Houmous,
    Cheese,
    Mixed salad topped with sliced avocado,
    Followe by a fresh fruit platter of Mango, Paw Paw, Melon, Pineapple and grapes.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone its a Sunday morning hope you are all well,Today (Weather Permitting)I am going to my local RSPB nature reserve and then on to town to see the Chinese new year Celebrations everyone have a good day and please stay safe.:)

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Shiney a very posh lunch there I do hope the lucky students enjoyed it if not give them beans on toast next time!:hehe:

Woo I do hope the weather is nice for you today because it's pretty horrible here raining cats and poodles! :doh: I wonder will you be able to take some wonderful pictures to share with us of those celebrations?:)

Well yesterday we managed to go over to the allotments although the ground was pure mud so much work couldn't be done but we did have the pleasure of meeting up with our allotment buddies and have a nice hot drink with a good old chat, thankfully it was just what Bob needed to lift him from his gloom.

Last night I got a call from my b-i-l to tell me I have become an auntie once again to a lovely baby girl my poor sister wanted a boy as her last two children were little girls but I think it's wonderful as I get to 'borrow' them when they are good and send them back when they get too much!:lollol:

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Woo, Helen and everyone,

A rather damp morning today.

Woo, I don't think the birds will be too bothered about the weather but I hope the Chinese celebrations will not be too affected by by it. I'm sure it will look fantastic :thmb:

Helen, congratulations on your addition to the family :yho:

I'm going to do the bird watch soon.

Have a great day :D

5. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you shiney for reminding me I forgot about bird watch ohhhhhhhhhhhh

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Had a lovely little potter around our back garden yesterday just 2 or 3 hours or so and boy did I enjoy myself although I did make a bit of a mess on the lawn it's far to damp to be walking over, I do hope Bob doesn't notice my little mess!:o

My sister came out of hospital yesterday my goodness they do like them in and out so very quick. I have to admit I would have felt a little jealous 10 years ago because way back then we did so want another little'un ourselves but things were not to be, but saying that I still find myself mothering grown men so you could say I have a very large group of boys to look after anyway!:hehe:

I still can't slow down and it's driving Bob insane his only wish is for warmer days so he can kick me out and only allow me in at night or when he needs a cuppa!:D

Hope you have a lovely day and the sun shines on you all.Hel.xxx.

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Helen and everyone,

Helen, I'm pleased you were able to get out in the garden but I hope you cleaned up the mess you left on the lawn. You should have gone before you went out :hehe: :hehe:

I'm going to see whether I can trim some of the lawn edges today. It should be OK in the dryer parts of the garden. I've got to do these things whenever I get the chance :)

Have a great day :D

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone hope you are well:) I've only been up ten minutes,had a rough night so crashed out when Mr K got up at 6.00:ywn: I shall be so glad when the lighter nights get here:ywn: Had to get downstairs because the doorbell was ringing and Mr K couldn't go because he wasn't even half decent:hehe:It was our neighbour asking if I could let their GSD out this morning because the wife is working away up North and he will be elsewear concocting recipes no doubt:D:ywn:

Right I had better go and have a shower to wake myself up and then have my brekkie or I might have brekkie first and then have a shower:lollol::ywn:

Helen hope everything goes ok if and when Bob gets hooked up,there will be no stopping you then messing up the garden and this week they are forecasting mre heavy rain all week:( My North facing border is already underwater grrrrrrr :ywn:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:snz::D

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning everyone, yes Hel I think my lawn resembles a sponge more at the moment.....!!!!:doh:I hope it will dry up a bit now before any more rain...!!!!

:thmb: Well Hel, finished my Dorothy costume.... Made from skraps out of my skrap material box, no pattern just measurements... I like it that way..... :D I also found the last few bits for an Oliver costume, found enough bits for a waistcoat for him & some fleece I made into scarf & a few bits for a Horrid Henry..!!

Anyway here is Dorothy's costume & I am trying to find an old small oblong basket that I have...:wink:
    [​IMG]

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to..!

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ooops Shiney THAT wasn't me honest it was one of the Yorkies!:hehe:

Kandy I think you are not the only one darling that can't wait for nicer, light days...just imagine gardening at first light while the neighbours are still asleep or sitting outside having your first cuppa of the day and being serenaded to by the birds...magical!:)

Marley my goodness you have done a grand job it hard to imagine you did it all by eye (so to speak) you are a very talented lady. I'm quite jealous now as I always fancied having a Dorothy costume for Halloween maybe I'll have a go at making one too. Has your grand daughter got some ruby red slippers too? I'm sure she's going to look very enchanting indeed. Well done.:gnthb: Hel.xxx.

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Marley, well done :gnthb:. she's going to love that dress :yho:

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Yes Hel she has a red polka dot pair I am going to go over & pick up shortly & I am going to red glitter the white polka dots...!!!!! :hehe: If she will let me I will take a picture of her in it all later....:wink: She is pretty pleased I think shiney.....:D

:) Hel it is quite easy to make your own patterns with measurements, once you have done it a few times & as long as it isn't fiddly it is OK....:wink::wink::wink::D Somewhere I have a photo of my grandsons Inn Keeper costume... Made the same way, will post it if I can find it...:dh::D

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good Morning all my friends Sincerely hope that you have slept well and are all OK,Helen Take it easy:cool:.Shiney Did you get to trim those Edge,s?:thumb: Kandy hope you had a better night:) Marley thats a lovely costume:) well everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe:):thumb:

Tried to take a photo for you all but the Light was bad:hehe:
    [​IMG]

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,managed to get up a bit earlier today:)

Marley well done with the costume and basket.It looks like you are a very talented lady.My eldest sister is just like you able to turn her hand at making things.Unfortunatly I was only blessed with gardening,photography and helping people skills:D

Helen,I love the spring timeand my Bobby Robin has been singing to me for the last two months at least.He sings all day long and then another one answers him and that is how they go on all day long.I just hope that Willow doesn't manage to catch him for breakfast:( Also I managed to get a photo the other week of my very first Redwing in the garden.That and the six Long Tailed Tits I have had really made my day:thmb:

Woo,lovely photo,we have thick fog out there this morning so can't see too far at the moment:D

Just heard on the telly that an American lady has given birth to eight babies,think of all those nappy changes ..eeeek:D

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning all,

Not feeling too good today :(. I've had a bit of trouble with catarrh for the last week and have been sitting up all night in the lounge for the last four days. I have a very sore and burning chest this morning but Mrs shiney has been working on me :thumb:. I'm OK if I don't cough :) but not OK if I do :mad:. But it's not as bad as 'man flue' :hehe: :hehe:

Woo, I got a lot of the edges trimmed - all of the front garden and about a third of the back (about 300ft). It was a lovely day and Oscar came out to help :)

I've got to get better for this afternoon and evening. I run my club on Tuesday afternoons and have a county league bridge match tonight.

Hve a great day :D