Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Shiney and all.

Shiney hope you're able to get some relief from your catarrh, it must be pretty awful when you cough isn't there something you can take to ease your discomfort?

Marley I do try to have a go at almost anything but sadly I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. It would be wonderful if your grand daughter allowed us all to see her in her costume, I promise I will not ask if she's a good witch or bad witch!:hehe:

Woo you photo is far better than what I can achieve it looks pretty ghostly...mummy I'm scared:cry:

Kandy don't your little feathered friends get their nuts/seeds nicked by squirrels where you live or does your cats keep them well away? Our old cat knew she couldn't catch the birds but boy did she love watching them fly pass her I remember her tail flicking with eager delight but that's all she did.:)

Well I'm still waiting for Bob to fit the bathroom taps so I'm kind of held up on the DIY front at the moment.

Yesterday I found a huge box of our boys old Lego which I should have got rid of years ago I must admit it was fun sorting them all out believe it or not there is over 12kg of the stuff!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney sorry to hear you have a bad chest.:(I kow how you feel as I suffer with that as well at times and have to sleep propped up or else I feel like I am drowning.They say that milk helps produce the horrible stuff but I don't want to stop taking it because it is my way of getting my calcium quota.I would stay in the warm if I was you and give the bridge a miss for once.Your health is more important than a card game.I am sure they will forgive you...just this once:D

You are in mine and Mr Kandy's thoughts and we hope you start to feel better soon:luv::)

Hel,no squirrels for us.There are a couple outside of the village but as yet none inside the village,though we do have badgers come into the village at odd times and some of them get run over along with the odd hare.There used to be a least four hares in the village but once the quantity of houses went up,then the hares got pushed out so now very rarely see one at all:(

Good luck with the DIY but don't be too hard on poor old Bob:)

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Shiney do hope you are feeling an awful lot better this morning sweetie.:wink:

Badgers Kandy how wonderful is that! I must admit the badger population must be doing great these days now that the horrible badger baiting days are over, I still can't understand why people would do that.:(

Bob took me to Dobbies yesterday for a little look around he wasn't able to find the 'stuff' he was after in fact his wallet was firmly closed on that matter!:hehe:

But I was able to sweeten him up some what because he brought me a Yucca for the garden.I was always put off these plants in the past because their leaves tend to be on the stiff, pointy side which is so not good for little'uns or old Yorkies for that matter so I will have to find the right place to plant it.

Still waiting for Bob with the taps but he has 'promised' to put them in for me next week I just wonder what I have to promise him in return!:doh::hehe:

Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen and everyone:)

Shiney hope you are feeling better today and that you are keeping warm and responding to treatment from Mrs Shiney.When we used to have bad chests when we were kids our mum used to rub Vic on our chests which did us good but we didn't half pongs00k Hope you get better soon:luv:

Helen Mr Kandy likes all those tropical looking plants but I say to him 'How are the birds supposed to perch on the fronds?' I like proper trees with proper twigs and branches and yes you are right that some of them are quiet dangerous looking.We have one of those red Phormium{spelling} plants and though it adds colour to the garden our Poppy sits underneath the hanging leaves and hides waiting for the birds to get close.:( I'm more of a cottage garden girl myself,just love Cowslips,Bluebells,Primroses,Hollyhocks and Foxgloves etc.:thumb:

Good luck with the taps.:thumb:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and everyone, havnt been on had that much to do at home with hubs back tommorow.
    shiney hope your feeling better its not nice that, ive still got my cold had it 9 weeks now cant shake it off.
    miserable weather here been raining still freezing cold out there.
    have a great day all

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy we must of crossed posts hope your ok, have a lovely day

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, nice to see you too rosa... I think this is a funny time of year as we are all getting ready & thinking about planting, but still not able to do much yet..!:dh:

:gnthb: Well Dorothy was a hit....!:D

:flwsml: Hope you are feeling a bit better today Shiney..!

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing.!

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley,nice pic of dorothy,cant believe most of my climbers are still green especially over my arch on the balcony, bulbs are popping up in some pots and i just dont know what they are.
    have a lovely day

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,I hadn't realised I was still logged in:oops::o:p I can't believe that your hubby is back so soon.That month went quick,it seems only a couple of weeks since he last went or is he doing less time out there now?I seem to be losing all sense of time plus losing me marbles as well:lollol:My computer keeps running slow and it freezes so have to switch everything off by the button and retstart it,then it has to do a file?disc check before I can get going again:(

It has been raining here non stop since last night and so my garden will be under water again:(Forgot to say Rosa Punky,one of the guneia pigs I rescued two years ago died last week and now Mabel is missing her terribly.When I pick her up and stroke her she gives me a good sniff and then starts purringk-l

Marley your Grand Daughter looks a darling and looks brilliant in the cotume and with her little dog in the basket.:)

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

Marley, she looks really lovely and I can imagine her skipping down the yellow brick road. :)

Thanks for all your good wishes :gnthb:. I'm feeling a lot better this morning but had a rough night. I won my match last night :thmb:. Tonight I am running a charity event at our club for UNICEF. It's rather an impromptu affair so I don't expect it to raise loads of money - but it should be fun.

In the garden the bulbs are popping up everywhere and some of the snowdrops have been in bloom for weeks. We have managed to get the garden tidied up quite well so we can start working towards this year's open day. The tree surgeon has still not been able to come along as he had to go back into hospital for another procedure on Monday.

Have a great day :D

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Just got back after a good evening and we raised about £200 for UNICEF :gnthb:

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Well done Shiney £200 is not to be sniffed at saying it was kind of a rush job good on you all who took part.:gnthb:

Marley your 'Dorothy' does look the part I wonder do your grandchildren play dress up or are they past that stage?

I have very fond memories of taking our boys out all dressed-up in their play gear and it was quite normal for Bob and I to have Batman & Robin or a Cowboy & Indian in tow around Asda. I think it's a wonderful way for them to develop and express their minds, imagination and enjoy life in general!:wink:

Kandy sorry to hear about one of your little furry friends passing. I have to admit I have a fondness for guinea pigs we bred them many years ago, I would love to breed and have a go at showing them but as yet I just have not got the time.

Rosa sorry to hear you're still feeling under the weather sweetie. I know what you mean about the climbers our passion flower decided it wouldn't go to sleep this winter and even through it's in the wind tunnel and very exposed it still has an amazing amount of fruit on it and so much greenery too.

Bob says he's getting the rest of the tiles today but until he's fixed the taps I can't tile, you watch once the taps are changed I dare bet we have lovely weather and I will not be too keen to be kept in doors tiling!:doh:

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning shiney and everyone :hehe:

It's a lovely day today :gnthb: with bright sunshine and fairly mild.

I will get out in the garden and do some work once I have managed to stop coughing :(. At the moment it is taking me a few hours each morning to get into the land of the living - but I'm getting there :).

Have a great day :D

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Whoops! Morning Helen :gnthb:. you posted whilst I was typing :D (and coughing :()

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Shiney Helen & everyone,
    Glad to hear you are feeling a little better shiney, all this coughing just wracks the whole body I know.. Hope it goes soon..:thmb:

:D Helen they are great dresser uppers.... Ruby came out of school at the end of the day nearly as perfect as she went in.... That photo of her was taken at the end of the day.! :)

All of them always have dressed up & there is a huge dressing up box there... Mainly dominated by Ruby now as you can imagine....! We have always felt that individual expression is to be expanded & encouraged & I think they have plenty of that...... :help: :DAlmost too much sometimes...!!!!:lollol:

:( I am sorry you have lost one of your little pets Kandy... Always a sad happening, hows the other one doing.? Is he/she pining, poor thing.. Hope not... We need some more sun I think so we can get outside..!

:thmb: Well take care everyone & have a good day...!