Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,well it's Friday once again and by the forecast for the weekend we are going to have it really cold again with the possibility of snow from Sunday onwards.:thmb: I've been saving on the heating so will be able to turn that up when it hits us:D

Marley my friends daughter is always dressing up and has one of those clothes rails in their play room loaded up with clothes, headgear,shoes etc and Alicia and her friends have plenty of fun either being a princess or a witch:thumb:

Shiney,that cough sounds nasty.You might need some antibotics to help clear it up.Hope you are feeling better now:luv: Well done in raising the £200 for good causes:thumb:

Helen we never intended having Guneia Pigs as I have always had rabbits but felt I had to rescue them and they have had nearly two years of a better life with me.Punky passed away last week and here is a photo of her wrapped up in the warm before she died and the next photo is of Mabel the one who is left....PS,please ignore the date on the photos but I must have been having a blonde moment and put in the wrong year and month:cnfs::oops::o

Hope you all have a great day and do keep warm:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

Thanks for your good wishes. My chest is aching from the coughing but I am bravely fighting off 'man flue' :hehe: :lollol:

Kandy, they look very cute and I'm sure Punky had a wonderful life with you :)

It is very frosty but sunny out there. It looks lovely, but cold :thmb:. I think I shall wrap up warm and go out for a walk later.

Have a great day :D

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney and all.

Shiney I don't mean to make fun of you sweetie because we ladies all know that man-flu is quite deadly but if you had a penny for every cough how much pennies would you have?:hehe:

Kandy we had a lovely crested head guinea pigs like yours his name was Spike and was quite a character I can tell you, guinea pigs were always appealing to our boys as they (the pigs) would 'talk' to the boys when they heard them running up the path to their cages!

We did breed rabbits too for the pot and pets Bob really struggled with the pot ones but being a Lincolnshire farm lass I have to admit I didn't have the same problem all I can say the New Zealand Whites were yummy. Bob was thinking of breeding rabbits again but I told him not a good idea sweetie you like the taste but not of your own rabbits!:doh:

Marley you are so right individual expression should indeed be encouraged with anyone be it children or adults alike and I must admit we have had plenty of fun and I hope it shows both in Bob, our boys and myself.:wink:

Believe it or not I had a few choice words with a teacher in Dan's junior school she couldn't believe the stories he wrote were his own she thought I was writing them! I was totally disgusted and she was very shamed faced when I told her the amount of books he read for one so young he had and still does have this love of books, his favourite was always Erik The Viking.:hehe:

Very cold today Shiney the cars are all iced over ...when will we get 'lucky' and have some lasting warm weather?

Have a nice day guys and if it's cold where you are wrap up warm.Hel.xxx.

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney,glad to hear you are feeling a bit better,just make sure it doesn't turn into anything too nasty.:luv:

We have it frosty here as well and I have just got back from taking some sun photos plus have been putting out some home made fat and seed blocks up at our duck pond for all the wild birds who don't feed in our garden :D

Hope you enjoy your walk.Mr Kandy says Hi,he is on a couple of days holiday so it will be nice to spend some time together though we have car problems at the moment so he is going to ring the garage and get angry with them over the fact that we have already had to have three new turbos fitted to this car and now looks like the last one is on it's way out.:(:mad:

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning Shiney Hel & Kandy,

So sweet to see Punky & Mabel... I just hope Mabel doesn't get lonely, although she looks very perky...:) I am sorry about Punky but she is safe now....

:gnthb: Shiney glad you are seeing an improvement, just take it easy... I bet.. Some nice hot honey & lemon with a wee dram, would go down nice..!!!!:wink:

Hel, I certainly encourage free expression with the kids... They all have excellent imaginations & have & do all play well. They too like books & are quite bright little buttons...!!!!!:D

Well we have a very strong icey cold wind here, but no frost... a bit damp at present..... Oh dear not my favourite.. Damp, cold, widy & drear....!:doh:

:thmb: Have a safe day everyone.!

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
  7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good Morning all my friends I do hope that you are all OK and that you have a great weekend and all stay safe.:thumb::)
    Just thought I would share this with you one I took this morning:)
    [​IMG]

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning woo and everybody,

Lovely sunrise, woo :thumb:

It is sunny and 5C this morning so may try and get some gardening done.

Helen, if I had a penny for every time I coughed I would need a security van for them :hehe:. At least it seems that way :lollol:. It's not the cough that is the problem, it is what it produces :(. Even Oscar is feeling sorry for me :D. Mrs shiney allows him in some evenings - for a cuddle k-l. She spreads a big towel over her and her armchair and he cuddles up for about half an hour late at night. When I was coughing the other evening he jumped off her and came over and was pawing my stomach and chest quite heavily and tried to lick my face k-l- and managed to dribble all over me.

We had a good long walk in the forest yesterday and we were followed by a robin and a thrush for quite a distance. I got a couple of photos but haven't downloaded them yet. Last night I played in another charity event for UNICEF but don't know how much was raised. I've got to feel better by tomorrow as I am playing a match against Cambridge University during the day (2-7 p.m.) and need to be able to concentrate properly - and have friends coming in the evening.

Kandy, I hope your car is better soon - after Mr Kandy gives them a piece of his mind :thmb:

Marley, the hot honey and lemon sounds good :thumb: but I can't have any alcohol in it :(. My last alcoholic drink was in 1964 :(

Have a great day :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney and all.

My goodness Woo that is a really smashing sunrise makes me all warm and lovely inside or could that be my cuppa?:hehe: Well done sweetie those early morning walks must be cold but brilliant to be rewarded with a sky like that must make you relish the start of the day.:thumb:

Shiney sounds like Oscar was very concerned about his daddy bless him isn't that sweet?:) You are an inspiration to us all soldiering on as you do please don't over do it sweetie, good luck with tomorrow hopefully you will be feeling a little better and ready to kick some a*s!:hehe:

Well got to go and pay our allotment fees this morning best to get it over with even though it's not really time for them to be paid yet. Going to check out the huge price increase in the shop the guys are not best pleased with the increase because we are not talking about pennies but pounds!

I can understand putting prices up etc. because things like that are expected but one wonders if the allotment committee is trying to recover lost money from a few years passed where a father and son were treasurers and stole eight grand from the kitty!

Looking good outside but I bet it's cold don't think I'm in too much of a hurry to venture out just yet...maybe have another cuppa.:ywn::D

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone I'm a bit late getting on here this morning although I have been up since seven:hehe: I have sorted out the bird food in the garden so they are content,had breakfastfed Mabel and am just preparing all the meat and veg raedy to go in my slow cooker for tomorrows dinner,phew:thumb:

Woo,lovely photo of the sunrise this morning.:thmb: I saw the red sky but in the end thought it too cold to stand up there taking photos so I stayed in the warm:hehe:

Shiney,sorry to hear you are still coughing well.I really think you need to go and get some antibiotics especially as you are now of the older generation:wink: I hope you manage to surpress the cough while you are in the middle of a game:wink: Good Luck tomorrow with the match against Cambridgesounds a bit like the boat race:lollol:

Nice to see you are letting Oscar more into your lives,he sounds nicely settled with you both.We still have the ugly blue cat that visits and now have a balck and white one that comes also:(

Sounds like you enjoyed your forest walk Shiney.We always see Robins wherever we go and I do like to try and get photos of them.Do you ever see Hornbeam while you are walking the forest?

Helen our rents are £5.50 for ten pole and we think that is good.It went up when they were due,which should have been in October but the AGM was called until December so they got paid then.Our allotments are private though I think the Council owned ones are dearer.There are some new ones down the road right next to a pylon until we get some in the village and the nursery owners are charghing £30 for 86 sq mtrs,which Mr K says is a rip off so he refused to take a plot on.

Enjoy your day everyone and wrap up warm:)

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Hi Kandy,

No I have never seen Hornbeam in the forest although I have seen the tree he used as his avatar. Maybe the tree was actually the member of GC :hehe:

86 sq m is about 3.4 pole so that is a lot more expensive than your plot. At that rate it would cost £88 for 10 pole!!!:mad:

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,I thought I was going to be first on this morning but it looks like a few others are having sleep problems,though I think for Redstar it is probably the right time to be on line:D Happy February 1st.Should be time to sow lots of seeds now that we have seen the end of January.Where does the time get to,that month just flew...eeek

Anyway,I can't seem to sleep and the wind is howling outside getting ready to bring all that loverly snow,I hope:hehe: my batteries are charged and all it needs is a fresh card and I shall be ready.

Our dinner is slowly cooking in the slow cooker and all I need to add later is the dumplings.:)

Shiney,I don't know how big the forest is that you all walk round I shall have to have a Google to find out:D

Helen we went over tpo our allotments yesterday afternoon and while Mr K pruned our fruit trees I attacked one of my leaf mould bags and got that turned.It was freezing over there and I kept getting too hot in my bodyt warmer and then got cold when I took it off.Roll on the summer so I can get some warmth in my bones

Well the weather is 32.8f outside and we have 989mb on me weather station.See you all later,as I am going to sit and have a read to see if that makes me tired:thmb::ywn::snz:

13. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    HUMM, Kandy your quick to notice me here, good eye. Yep only 9PM here on Saturday night.
    I am getting tired, will turn in soon. Its quiet here, the snow is all crusted over with ice.
    Its about 10 degrees F. here.
    Well, good night all.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Red,how nice that you have snow,you are so lucky but don't tell the snow non lovers that I said that:hehe: My late boss said to me once that when it snowed she always thought of me because she knew how much I loved the stuff.:D I always think it brightens up everywhere and when out in the countryside you can see for miles.

I think I like the snow so much because it always brings back memories of the proper winters that we used to have when I was a youngster in the 60's and we used to have to go outside and help dig out the gas man who had come to empty the meter and in that short time had got snowed in.I just wish I had got a camera back then to have recorded these events:D:ywn: The kids of today miss all that kind of stuff unless they live up North that is:lollol:I am glad I don't live in Canada though with some of their extremely cold weather eeek.

Goodnight and hope you sleep better than me:thmb:

15. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends,Kandy sorry you can,t sleep at the moment, its Sunday February the 1st,our first day of Spring:hehe: it seems to have arrived very quickly,before we can say "Every days a bonus" we will be altering the time (1 hour forward) and dusting off the Barbecue:thumb: Anyway Everyone have a Fantastic Sunday and please stay safe :)