Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Red, Woo and all.

Kandy your spirit seems a little restless not been able to sleep I do hope it doesn't take too long before you're back to your normal sleeping patterns. I have to admit I'm not going to sleep until 1.30 or 2 am these days if I'm not finishing a book I'm listerning to music (on my headphones) or just reading things up on the laptop.

Kandy fees paid although Mick (the treasurer) tried to chrage us for only one plot and Bob being Bob didn't think that was fair on the other guys and told him 'charge me for two' so thats what we paid.
    Mick wanted a little favour though he wants Bob to help put his fence back up which of course Bob said he would, I don't mind really but I do wish some of the guys remember that Bob has to go steady although he is much younger than most of them and he looks ten years younger than he really is (that's having a good woman looking after him :D) he can't do things that the guys could maybe do when they were Bob's age.

Have a little chore to do today over at the plots 2 tons of well rotted manure to move and a couple more tons of fresh stuf,f the fresh is delivered free and often the old stuff is only £15 for a HUGE trailer full needless to say because we our one of the last on the track we got ours first!:D

Hopefully luck will be on my side and I will be able to shift all that poop before it snows!

Have a great Sunday guys and remember to have a nice warm dinner to keep you warm and toasty inside.Hel.xxx.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb::yho: Morning everyon..!! Pinch Punch 1st of the month everyone..!!!!:D As you say Woo, going by so fast...!!!

Good luck with the manure moving Hel...!!!!s00k Going to do a bit outside before the wind gets too cold..!!!

:thmb: Have a great day everyone & keep warm & safe..!!!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everybody,

It looks a bit nippy out there :(

Kandy, I hope you slept well :thmb:. Your dinner must be smelling good by now :). I hope you get your snow and good photos.

Hi Red, nice to see you :thumb:

Woo, you're as cheerful as ever :D

Helen, I hope you enjoy shovelling sh.... :hehe:

Marley, don't get too cold out there :)

Have a great day :D

4. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
    Good Morning all. Its 8:19AM here. Can't do much outside, white crusted snow everywhere sparkling off the sun. My church's new building will have their first service today, and its build just down the street from me. They are very contemporary, have full band for music (a little loud). And purposefully build many community rooms for the public to come for meetings. I am hoping they will have an yoga or some exercise group. The pastors wife did indicate that was on their list to get started. I have 3 months before swimsuit season to get this old body together.
    Well have a good day all. Keep warm--for those with snow.

5. Clematis

Clematis Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi everyone. Hope you are not too cold. We've had some snow here today but only small flurries. The green woodpecker was in the garden, digging for oil, as usual (well that's what it looks like) and he just stopped still and stared at the flakes falling around him. He was really quite disgusted. Wish I'd had the camera ha

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone not much snow here at the moment,just a light covering but we are set to have more by 10am:yho:

Looks like London and Kent have had it bad so I expect Shiney and Woo will be out taking piccy's:thmb:

I have already been and made sure Mabel is snug and warm with the heating on and she is having a good nosh on her fruit and veggies

Mr K is off work today so we are going to have a nice pleasant day together:)

Hope you all get on ok with the snow and please don't get too cold:thumb:

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

The snow is at least 9" deep and it is still snowing. We are completely cut off with no traffic on our road since 2 a.m. so it is very beautiful and peaceful here :thumb:.

I watched Oscar come out of the greenhouse at 7.25 this morning. He wasn't too happy with the snow as it comes up to his chest. He fought his way through the snow and round the side of the house to have a look at the front. He was disgusted to see that there was snow there too so checked round the other side of the house and then galloped back into the greenhouse. Mrs shiney will give him breakfast in bed today :hehe:

Kandy, if you get the snow and go out to take photos then remember to open up the camera one stop to prevent your snow looking grey. If it still looks grey then try one more stop. :thmb:

I'll go out there if I can find my wellies :scratch:. I haven't used them for some years because nowadays I normally do my gardening in rubber shoes. The snow is too deep for me to wear them.

I shall have to spread some bird food on the ground for the pheasants as they are finding it difficult to pick up the little bits that the other birds are dropping.

Piccies later - I hope.

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney, looks like at the moment you are having the snow worse than we are.9" would be up to my knees..eeek

Hope you are faring up to it ok down your way and by the sounds of it Oscar is enjoying himself.:D

At the moment we havn't got it that thick and it keeps stopping and starting so it hasn't made up it's mind yet what it wants to do:(

I'll have a look at the camera Shiney if we get enough for piccky's and see waht seting to put it on,thanks for the tip:thmb:

I have just bought myself a new pair of wellies,and use those green welly shoes plus my cloggies as they are easy to slip on and off and me always being in a rsuh don't like to fiddle about when getting things on my feet.:hehe:

I can't put out the seed for the ground feeding birds because the snow will just cover it up so they will have to use the feeders and my fat blocks like my robin is doing at the moment:D

Enjoy your day and hope your chest complaint is getting better:thmb:

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney and all.

Shiney I thought our snow-fall was bad as it's becoming a couple of inches dread to think about it being any deeper, I know I wanted some snow but not when there's work to be done outside.

Just managed to move the poop yesterday even though we kept being pelted with snow that looked like polystyrene balls. Bob (bless him) was amazed how quick I moved my pile I had to finish his lot off needless to say I was a little stiff when I got home but a hot bath eased that no end.

Wrap up warm guys and remember to ask yourself do you really need to go out today in the snow..Hel.xxx.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Hi All,

Kandy, my chest is still complaining but I'm not :lollol:. I think your camera is similar to mine so if you want to know how to set it for snow then I can tell you, but I'm sure Mr Kandy knows how :gnthb:

Helen, I'm pleased you have sorted out your pile of poop :hehe:

Still snowing and over 12" deep now. Oscar is hating it. He tried to force his way indoors earlier on when I went out. Actually, he did force his way in and he wasn't very happy when Mrs shiney tried to put him out. He even protested when she picked him up and carried him out with his food in her other hand, but he has settled down in his warm house. :)

Here is a picture of his home. The greenhouse belongs to him and his house is in the propagator at the end of the greenhouse. As it is heated from underneath by the propagaotr and it has walls and a roof it is always very warm inside. I think he has learnt how to operate the thermostat which is just in front of his house :hehe:

[​IMG]

Buddha wrapped up all nice and warm in his white fleece.

[​IMG]

Some of our garden chairs two hours ago.

[​IMG]

A very Christmassy scene

[​IMG]

View from front garden

[​IMG]

View from back garden

[​IMG]

Back garden

[​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Lovely snowy photos Shiney,especially like the Views and the Christmassy scene.:thmb: Your Bhudda doesn't seem to mind the snow either.Your Greenhouse looks smaller than what I have seen in other photos unless you have two of them:D

Our snow has been most dissapointing with just a few showers of very fine stuff.The media are saying it is going to get worse for us later on today so we shall see as I am itching to get some good photos.:p

Thanks for sharing them with us:gnthb:

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Thanks Kandy,

No, we don't have a second greenhouse. That view is from the end of it. It is 10'x20'.

If our snow is on the way to you then you won't be disappointed by tomorrow. The news just said that it is spreading your way and we can expect another 6" overnight. It is still snowing lightly here :thumb:

There are lots of birds out there now since I filled up the feeders. :)

I've posted a couple of birdie photos on 'What's flying etc' :thmb:

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney the heavy stuff has just hit us about five minutes ago:yho: now we just need to stop around 3ish and then we can go and get some proper piccy's:gnthb: It looks just like Christmas out there and I Love it :hehe: though I do feel sorry for all those that have had their flights cancelled and the trains delayed.I just hope that everyone gets home ok:flag: Wow Shiney that's a big one{greenhouse that is:rotfl:} It must cost a small fortune to heat especially with the door open.It would work out cheaper to have Oscar in the house and to shut the green house door:ntwrth: I won't be nosey and ask what those plants are growing up the bean canes in the greenhouse as you will probably tell me to mind my own buisness:hehe:

I have had to bring the ground bird feeders indoors and the nuts or else the birds won't find them when thye are covered with snow..

Hel,glad that you managed to get all that loverly horse poo shifted.I bet you were glad of that nice hot bath but it was worth it.:thumb:

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,thought I would be the last on this morning as I have been busy making sure the wildlife,pets and Mr K are all ok.Just got back indoors after cleaning off alll the snow from both of our cars and then defrosting them so that I could move mine to let Mr K go off to work.:)

Just made my self a mug of tea and have the porridge on the go on a low heat while I type this and warm myself up:D

It has stopped snowing now though it must have warmed up in the night because a lot of the snow has gone off of some of my front garden shrubs:D though at the moment my weather station says it is -4c out there.

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

Kandy, I hope you managed to get some good snowy pictures. We didn't get the extra 6" of snow that was promised and although it is still below freezing the bright sunshine is starting to melt the snow.

As you won't ask me what is growing up those canes I won't tell you that it is morning glory :hehe:. We don't heat all the greenhouse, just the propagator. We used to heat the propagator to just keep the frost off the more delicate plants that we put in it but now that Oscar has taken up residence we keep it warmer. He's indoors at the moment having his daily grooming and cuddle k-l.

Why don't you start a snow and ice car cleaning business for the neighbours? I'm sure they would be happy to pay you for it. :thmb:

It was funny this morning watching the pheasants struggling to walk through the snow to the bird feeder when they could easily have flown in :hehe: :scratch: