Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning all, glad you are all nice & warm.. Beautiful out there to look at this morning..!:yho:

:D Well a busy day today as I have a little girls birthday party to prepare for.....:yho:

:thmb: Everyone have a nice safe warm day & take care...

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney and all.

Oh Shiney your garden is so magical a proper winter wonderland, Heavy snow covers a mountain of sins and allows even the messiest garden appear nice and neat.

*Please note I'm not saying Shiney has a messy garden because we all know that Shiney doesn't use proper edging clippers on his lawn he gets on his hands & knees and uses scissors to get that razor sharp edges!*:hehe:

Snowed all day yesterday and we ended up with a good three inches and a really freezing wind.

We did manage to pop over to the paddocks to collect some leeks yesterday but sadly it was like running the gauntlet the main road where the plots are is a 30 speed zone but the silly drivers were going as much as 50 mph pretty disgusting saying how bad the roads were too. Ever time a car passed us we would dive into someones drive in order not to get soaked!:(

The suns shinning like crazy but the snow seems to rather want to stay, I will have to don my pink rigger boots (yes they really are pink how sad is that?) and go & see the new little girl my sister gave birth to the other week.

Have a nice day and watch out for that extra 'promised' snow that the weather men seem to be going on about.Hel.xxx.

3. Getafix

Getafix Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello,I'm new here and am just having a look around for now.
    Hope you dont mind me butting in like this.
    And of course....Good Morning.

Shea

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Shea :gnthb:. you are very welcome to join us :)

Morning Marley and Helen :thumb:.

Helen, you've got it wrong. I don't get down on my hands and knees - I sit on a skateboard and roll along :rotfl::rotfl:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Marley you posted a couple of minutes before me and I missed you sorry sweetie.:oops: Hope the party goes well and remember your party dress!:wink:

Hi Shea you're very welcome to join us on here, generally it's a Good Morning and what have we been upto or what we intend to get up each day....If you can understand what I mean?:cnfs::D

Shiney skateboarding indeed I suppose it's better than hanging out on street corners with the rest of the Hoodies :hehe:. Now I just can't seem to get the vision of you running havoc riding (if that's the right word to use?) a skateboard around your garden!:lollol:Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Helen, I lie down on it with my scissors extend and push along with my feet. I move the scissor blades very fast and it's like a powered trimmer :gnthb:.

If you believe that, you'll believe anything :lollol: :lollol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,couldn't wake up again this morning but new I had to get up to get on here and say hi to you all:D:ywn::snz:

Still have snow lying on the ground out there and according to Mr K we might be having another dollop of the white stuff tonight:yho:Went for a nice walk round the village last night and it was so nice to get out in the fresh air though we did have to hold on to each other at times:hehe:

Shiney,you know that you get Tracey to pull you along on the skateboard to trim the edges:lollol:

Helen,we dug up some of our leeks when we went over to the allotment on Saturday before the snow came.It would have been murder when the ground was hard.:) You've just reminded me,I had better get some of my veg seeds sown and the next lot of seed potatos boxed up for chitting:D

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do and please wrap up warm:)

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

We have brilliant sunshine but it is freezing out there. I may try and get up the energy for a walk :).

Kandy, you're not supposed to tell all my secrets :hehe: :rotfl:

Have great day :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney and all.

Kandy it's pretty much the same on our little estate it's maddness to even try to take ones car out but needless to say people do what with work and all. Sadly 'they' are still not driving for the conditions, thankfully as the snow first started to fall (days ago) we managed to get all four cars off the road ok Bob's big car had to go on the front lawn but that's coming up this year so no harm done there.

Yesterday I finally saw my sister's new addiction and I have to say she's a cutie I think I'll borrow her when she's bigger but only then as I keep telling my nieces I don't do nappies!:hehe:

Strangely when I was coming away from my sister's house she was getting the children ready to go sledging at Rother Valley when those teenagers had a terrible accident yesterday. I know the park really well as it's where Harry and I would go every Wednesday to feed the ducks. It's crazy where the people go sledging it's a very steep bank which at the bottom is a ten foot flat platform then another quick drop into the water I'm surprised there was only the one accident.:(

Well we are still on red alert waiting for the next promised wave of winter weather the snow and ice on the estate just plain refuses to go and I'm not looking forward if we need to venture out in the car.

Hope you all stay nice & safe and do take care if you need to go out in the car.Hel.xxx.

10. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Apparently we are supposed to expect another load of snow tomorrow.

Personally, I have seen plenty of the white stuff for now and am happy to wait till end of year for more .

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
  12. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    To-day is a write off as far as getting to work is concerned. will work from home.
    very heavy snow and it is still falling.

there is no wind, just the snow, big flakes just coming down fast. very strange atmosphere.
    all very quiet everywhere.

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,I have just lost my post when I was trying to put the smiley in the right place:mad:

I keep losing my connection with the server so don't know what is wrong there.Mr K did a scan last night which showed everything to be ok.

It has been snowing in the night,about four inches and is snowing quiet heavily now.:hehe:

Mr K is using Myrtle today as the other one is having work done on it so he will have to be careful on the roads as he is used to a 4x4 and I just hope they both get back home this evening without a scratch on either of them:ntwrth:

Shobna you will be in the right place today with all that snow.I expect all the schools will close again.We had to go to school even when the snow was a foot deep and our free milk was frozen.It's funny they say it is all due to health and safety,but noone worries about the kids health and safety when they are all sliding down the hills on their home made sledges.I won't be surprised if sledging and snowball fights are not banned now that that young girl has died.

Well I have finished my porridge and will now have to go and desnow my car raedy for Mr K so that he can get off to work:)

Shiney I had to turn off the volume of that you tube clip as I don't have kids so it didn't apply to me:lollol:

Hope you all have a great day and mind how you go today:thmb:

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everybody,

The snow is still deep on the ground but it must be melting as the snow has just slipped off the roof of the summer house and taken the guttering with it :( :mad:

Shobna, you stay nice and cosy at home and you will be much better off :)

Kandy, I hope Mr Kandy and Myrtle have safe journeys today :thumb:

Have a great day :D

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Shobna you're not the only one fed up with the snow, yes I did want it in December but then again most of us do at that time of year I just want it to clear up and get life back to normal now.:(

Yesterday our snow started to thraw some what although we still had three inches of snow on the ground and thick ice on the estate roads sadly no grit for us mere mortals. It wasn't snowing at 6.30 this morning but now it looks like one of those snow storm bubbles nice I know but it does hold you back some what.

Kandy I do hope Mr.K has a safe journey to and from work.:thumb:

Remember stick the heating on guys and have a lovely warm day with plenty of cuppas.Hel.xxx.