Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,cold here again this morning but for the moment it isn't snowing though more is forecast for today and over the weekend.

Mr K tried to get into work yesterday but got turned back by the Police along his usual route so tried a different way but had to turn back again due to the fact that along the road there was about thirty lorries in a queue and also there had been an accident so the fire brigade was just arriving with all it's blue lights flashing...eek.When he rang work on his mobile thye had just made the desission to send all the local living workers home so Mr K was home by 9.30so we got out and took some photo's round the village.

We were surprised to see so many of the villagers out and about though we did hear later that all the food was sold out in the One Stop Shop because a lot of villagers went mad and stocked up with supplies:(

Had a phone from the car man to say that our car couldn't be taken to town to be tested as the test people were stuck at home so thye are hoping to take it today which means Mr K will have Myrtle again:p I shall end up worrying again now all day that they are both ok:p

Helen,Shiney and everyone I do hope that you are all ok in your part of the world and that you are managing to get out and about:D

I had best get on as I have been sitting here far too long.Have a good day everyone:)

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

Although it drizzled all day yesterday we still have deep snow on the ground. It has been snowing on and off for the last hour :scratch:

I went out yesterday to see if I could do anything about the guttering on the summer house that the snow had brought down. All the brackets had snapped under the weight of the snow sliding off the roof :(. So it's going to need a load of new brackets.

Kandy, I'm pleased that Mr Kandy didn't get caught up in all the road problems yesterday and hopw he has an easy journey today. Did you get any good photos? :thumb: I had a good laugh at your post today as I have a twisted mind :hehe:. You said "...send all the local living workers home ..." and I had this picture in my mind that some of the workers at his place were dead workers. They probably act like it :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm off to the doc shortly as my chest isn't getting much better :(

Have a great day :D

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    Morning everyone,
    Heavy snow & strong winds today,,!! Yesterday there was no wind to speak of.... Looks beautiful out there..

Glad Mr.K got there & back OK... Can't get any cars round the corner & up the hill out from our lane yet..!!!:D Love it but very impractical..!!:D

:thmb: Hope the doc sorts you out shiney & feeling better soon..!

:thmb: Have a great safe day everyone..!!:thmb:

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney,

Sorry forgot to say about the snow ruining your guttering,I keep losing my connection on here so am trying to type fast to to get the post done before it goes again.You will have to get Tracey up on the summer/winter house roof to get the guttering sorted:hehe:

It is snowing quiet heavily again as I type and Mr K has bravely gone off to work.I wanted him to take soup,hot water bottles,blankets,snow chains,pillows,etc in case he gets snowed in the car but he wouldn't hear of it.:( He is going to email me if and when he gets to work:)

Good luck at the Dr's Shiney I did say that you might need Antibioticts for your chest,do let us know how you get on:)

I thought you would take it the wrong way about the local living people but knew If I tried to put Workers living locally I would have lost the post when I tried to change it.:(

I will try to put some photos up later when I can find a slot in my busy life to sit here and put them up:lollol:

My friend is going to be on the radio this morning on the romantic slot as she has been happily? married for 45 years on Sunday so her daughter has written in for them.I just hope they can prise their hands from each others throats long enough to celebrate it:hehe:

Take Care on the roads:luv:

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Marley,I must have been typing while you were posting.It was very quiet here yesterday as well though it did bring out a lot of our villagers yesterday which was nice to see.All the kids loved getting wet and cold making snowmen,igloors and practising their snow angels:)

Hope you have a safe day Marley,I shpould stay indoors in the warmand just enjoy looking at the whiteness:thmb:

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney, Marley and all.

Kandy it sounds pretty bad down where you are I'm glad Mr.K. was allowed to have a day off, I do hope things clear up soon snow is ok for a while but having it this long it does make winter seem to terribly long. Can't understand why people have gone mad at your local store I just thought it was normal for people to have their cupboards, pantry's etc. stocked with food all the time I mean we do at least that way we don't need to resort to cannibalism!:hehe:

Shiney you naughty boy you really should have gone sooner to the doctors but then again that's what you guys are like isn't it? You tell us girls not to worry it will soon shift then finally after weeks of suffering you admit defeat or at least that's what Bob does.

Well yesterday Dan tried to phone in work to say he couldn't make it off the estate only to be told by his boss 'Take it nice and slow Dan and it doesn't matter how late you are' so in a fashion only Dan has he really did take his time and because there were very few cars on the road he did in fact make it to work on time!

His work mates were all in a bad mood as they tried to get out of work too only to be told they would have a disciplinary against them, none live in the wilds like us and only Dan wasn't threatened with a disciplinary which is very strange indeed because he is never shy telling managers what he thinks of their ideas (in staff meetings) in a way that only Yorkshire guys do when they have had a couple of drinks but our Dan says what he thinks when he's sober!:hehe:

Good news Bob and I will be able to venture off the estate for the very first time in our car because sometime in the night the fairy gritters came and sprinkled their magical fairy salt on our estate road and here I thought they were complaining on the news how little they all had....me thinks somebody has been telling porkies!

Have a lovely day guys and if you do go out take care.Hel.xxx.

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,473
    Morning again,

Thanks for all your good wishes. I'm back from the doc and she agrees that I have a sore throat and catarrh (I've had it for over two months but it only got bad 4 weeks ago) and there is nothing she can do for me. Which is what I thought would be the answer. The voice loss (it's back again) is all part of the same thing. She checked my chest and said that it is fine.

She then wanted to talk to me about my cholesterol levels and I said that I am still working on it myself - don't want the drugs unless I can't get it down on my own. I have managed to get it down 1.2 but I'm not sure how a month in Asia has affected it :scratch:. At least I have managed to get some weight down since getting home :thumb:

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney glad you managed to get to and from the Dr's ok .You will have to stop shouting at Oscar then you will get your voice back:hehe: seriously though you need to take care when you get to your age.:lollol:I find Olbas Oil very good and also Menthal Crystals in a bowl of hot water with a towel over me head and the bowl,though they do have a tendancy to blow your head off and make your eyes run when the vapour kicks in:p

Good luck with the Cholesterol,Mr K has found the natural plants stanols good in the butter he uses plus diet and exercise though I know lots of people who have had to go on the medication form to bring the levels down.

Helen,Mr K struggled into work and then the snow started getting heavier,but he rung me to say that he had got there ok and then when I rung him at 10.00 to see when he was leaving off he rang me back to say that the bosses had tiold them all to go home so it has taken him from 10.15 until now 11.30 to drive the nine miles home but at least he is back with Myrtle all in one piece.

We have no salt here as some kind person has emptied the salt bins round the village so everyone is slip sliding all over the place.

Please go careful Helen if you are going to be venturing out today:)

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Olbas oil is brilliant Kandy best way to use it is put about 3 drops on your tongue it will blow your socks off and certainly clear your tubes.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Walnut and everyone:)

Walnut I find Olbas Oil very useful.I used to use it on tissues then discovered you can buy some tissues with it already impregnated in it so use them as well.I never thought of putting it straight on my tongue,I shall have to give it a go.I tried the pastels once but didn't like the taste of them:euw: Thanks for the tip though:thumb:

Well we have no more now falling at the moment but it is -2 and foggy out theres00k When I let Willow out I could also here the wind whereas it has been very quiet when we just had the snow falling.:skp:

Our village shop now has food rationing {no ration books yet though:D} because people were going mad yesterday so I heard and as fast as the loaves of bread were being put out villagers were grabbing as many as they could.How inconsiderate can some people be:mad:

Well,I hope that you all have a good day and do take care out there if you have a lot of snow like us:thmb:

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all hope your all well, how cold has it been -6 in car this morn, off to watch man city its going to be freezing and watching them doesnt really warm you up:hehe: one of the coldest days of the year and we have a dinner time kick off:doh: just my look..have a safe day...come on you blues:ntwrth:

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut, Kandy, Ste and all.

Shiney sorry you were not able to get some relief from the doctors :(. It does all seem to be happening to you what with loosing your voice as well although I have to admit a softly spoken man is very sexy!:wink:

Kandy we did indeed manage to get out of the village in fact to our local Tesco store but couldn't find a blooming place to park as it was so packed our far worst than at Christmas! So we ventured even further afield about 12 miles away and managed to go to another Tesco and of course our beloved Wilkco.That Tesco was packed out too and had so many rude people barging into you anyone would think there was gold rush on or something, it was blessed relief leaving Wilkco til last!:hehe:

The roads were clear although once again our estate road is really bad as it hasn't had a repeat gritting in fact I think it was only gritted the other day because it was black bin day, it's nice to know our local council is looking after the bin men and not the local people!:(

Wrap up well for that match Ste we don't want something dropping off you come to think about it neither do you!:hehe: Have a good match!Hel.xxx.

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hiya yorkshires finest.. it wont fall of hel im putting long johns on but im not telling the lads or them rotten sods would strip me off ..hows bob has he been playing in the arcade....hel i been looking for your movie thread but cant find it will you post in it so i can ask about some films..cheers:gnthb:

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning walnut, Kandy, Helen, Imp and everyone,

It looks as though it will be a nice day today :gnthb:

Helen, I'm OK because I can still do my heavy breathing over the phone :hehe:

Imp, good to see you :thumb:. Hope you have a great time at the match today. Remember to do lots of cheering :yho: :yho: :yho:

Kandy, when you mention food rationing it will start us oldies reminiscing. I saw Marguerite Patten on TV the other day and she had brought in a packet of powdered egg to be used in a recipe. I remember we used to get it in big tins. I can't remember when rationing stopped but it must have been around 1954.

On another thread there were comments that took me back as well. They were about music in the 1960's. I remember the start of rock in this country in the 1950's and how important the coffee bars were to the pop scene.

The famous 2i's coffee bar in Old Compton St was where a lot of the pop stars were discovered. I remember seeing the film 'Absolute Beginners' and being disipointed that they had got the sign on the 2i's completely wrong. They had made it look American with neon lights. I also remember some of the other coffee bars like 'Heaven and Hell' which was two doors away from the 2i's, The 'Bastille' in Wardour St and 'Le Macabre' in Meard St.

They had some continuity errors when making the film e.g. they had put in a blank wall where 'Le Macabre' was!

The coffee bar culture was quite important to the pop world and, in those days, the pop stars used to just turn up at the bars at any time. I remember regularly chatting with Emile Ford at the 'Chequered Flag' whilst we had a sandwich and coffee. He was quite happy to spend some time giving guitar lessons to some of us during the lunch hour.

Have a great day :D

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning everyone, nice to see you all, a beautiful morning here..:thmb:
    Olbas oil & Potters catarrh pastiles might help you shiney..:wink::D

:thmb: It was the "Milk Bar" where we all went to listen to the early "pop" & hang out shiney...:wink::cool: Adam Faith was my heart throb, but of course then the Beatles came along........:wink::hehe:

:thmb: Have a good day everyone..!