Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Shiney and all.

Lol Shiney 'a friend that looked like Adam Faith but only taller' he was a little guy wasn't he?
    I have to admit I am taller than Bob but he flatly refused to admit I was taller than he until we had a medical which proved that I was in fact 1 and a half inches taller needless to say I always have the last laugh when I'm wearing my heels!:hehe:

Well done Shiney to you and your club members another £300 for charity is very, very good.:gnthb:

Kandy, Shiney it's really hard to not hoard but I am getting better! Books are my main problem because Dan and I are great readers we just can't get rid of our books I mean we might read them again! :doh:

I'll read anything at the moment I have nicked one of Dan's books 'Join me' it's not a cult it's a collective about getting 'normal' people to do good deeds, although I have always found it not terribly hard to make someone's day a little brighter even a smile can make a whole lot of difference!:) Hel.xxx.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Shiney Hel & everyone...:dh: You must have had allot of fun times with your mate who looked like Adam then shiney....:D

:thmb: I had a clear out before Xmas & took allot of books to the charity shop... I seem to have to do that once a year..!!!:hehe: I always clean my PC of the last years stuff every New Year Kandy... I have another hard drive I use as well & I move each years "To keep" stuff over to it... Keeps it all running tickety boo..!!!!!:D

:thmb: Good on you & Mrs Shiney & your charity fund raising shiney,I hope you find a local charity that needs your help this year......

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to..!

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning everybody,

It's a bright and cheerful morning even if it is a bit nippy :gnthb:.

I think I shall go for a walk later :)

Have a great day :D

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and everyone,having connection problems again and last night couldn't get on line at all after 6.00.Not good at all:(

Shiney you need to grit your teeth and just get rid of all those magazines.I used to keep a lot of my old gadening mags but in the end got so fed up with them and I hardly ever looked at them that I gave them all away so that some one else could have the pleasure of them.I now only by the mags when they are giving away free seeds etc as a lot of them have now gone up to over £3.50 a month just for a few repeated articles and a lot of adverts so now my house has less of them to mess the place up.:D

I have found a 1,000 recipe book upstairs by Marguerite Patten which I had forgotton I had been bought in the 1980's.It makes interesting reading,though I doubt if I will be cooking a lot of the recipes as the ingrediants would be far too expensive to buy:D

Here are a couple of photo's of that box I got for free on Sunday plus a photo of a picture we bought while away at Christmas.:)

Hope you enjoy your walk.The roads are lethal round here still with black ice so I won't be going far today:oops:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning shiney, Kandy and everyone. Its a bit grim up north today, just had a snow flurry but its stopped now thankfully! Take care on the roads/pavements if your going out, black ice is rife where I am was a rather scary travel to work this morning! Looks like a nice collection of seeds Kandy, and I can vouch for Mr Fothergills all my seeds from him have been great, except the parsnips but if you dig a decent hole in soft ground they should do well! Currently in the process of buying my first home and with it my OWN garden!!!

6. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Mornin Shiney Kandy Andy & all, late on here this morning..:dh: It has been thick fog, frost & black ice here earlier on this morning... A couple of nasty accidents because of it too.. Much better now as the sun is trying to burn through & everything is slowly starting dripping again....:)

:thmb: Nice box & pic Kandy...

:yho::thmb: Fantastic news Andy, buying your own home with a garden...!! You will have loads of fun... Has it got much garden.?

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing....!

7. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    it has a medium size garden I would say, not huge but a nice enough size to keep me busy! I dont think I will have room for a veg plot though but I've got plans for pots, cant leave it for a year really im addicted now! Cant wait for the strawbs & blueberries again!

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone, -2c here at the moment,and as we missed the weather last night on the telly due to visitors not sure what it is going to be doing today.:)

We still have lots of snow lying in the front and back garden and the roads are still lethal out there due to no grit:(

Marley,we had the thick fog the other day and yesterday we had some rain but not enough to melt the snow.It looks like it will be here for us a bit longer.Thanks for your comments about the box,I thought it was just right for my unopened seed packets and the opened ones I keep In a sweety tin I cadged off the neighbours who were chucking it away:hehe:

Andy,nice to hear about your house.I always think it is really nice to have a patch of earth to cool your own where you can potter all day long.Nice to see you back on here as well:D

Hope everyone has a good day:)

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Was a total zombie yesterday when I was able to walk around I was indeed holding my arms out in front of me quite funny to look at but I was banished to bed...much better today in fact yesterday seems a dark distance memory and thank goodness for that!

Hello again Andy I'm sure I remember you building a patio or something with your future father-in-law a while back. It must be very exciting getting your first home not to mention your very own garden where you can have a go at growing anything you like just so long as it's legal of course!:hehe:

Don't forget if you haven't much space you can always grow things upwards.

Kandy quite a little box full of goodies you have there although I did have to look twice at your photo because I thought you had some of those white radish seeds only for them to be parsnips!:doh:If you haven't tried mooli radish I would recommend them though nice and mild.

I know you are not alone with your addiction of buying mags for the seeds one of my buddies does just that and I end up with the mags needless to say I have loads of wonderful gardening mags to read and look at though the winter months.:)

The snow and ice has nearly all done now all I could wish for is for the ground to dry up so some real wrok can be done both at home and down on the plots.
    Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

Congratulations Andy :gnthb:

Kandy, just because you've got a lovely box you can't leave those seeds in there :hehe:. You'll have to get planting :thmb:. Looks like lots of interesting seeds :)

Today is beautifully sunny with a touch of frost. All the snow went the other day when we had hours of heavy rain. For the last two days quite a few of the roads around here have been flooded. Our drains aren't working because the ground is saturated so there is nowhere for anything to go :(. The joys of having a cesspool :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm going to cough and splutter my way to the nearest town to do some shopping and get new brackets for the gutters that came down in the heavy snow.

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Morning Helen :thumb:

I hope you are feeling better now :)

12. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning everyone, glad to hear you are feeling better Hel...:thmb:

:thmb: Andy your garden sounds about right as a starter garden.. :wink: You can grow all sorts of veggies in with your flowers mate, makes for an interesting garden too...:D Good luck with it, shall look forward to pics...!:D

:( Well Kandy, my turn to have some pc problems.. Having some work done to mine so about as & when at present, not necessarily when I want....:dh::hehe:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!!

13. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all, hope your all well! I can see the sun today (just) for the first time in a long while! Thanks for all your comments, its good to be back! :D

Lots of changes since I was last here, I dont think the games arcade is very productive for me though!! Should hopefully have the house by the end of the month, unfortunately have to decorate and floor before can even get started in the garden! I think I will keep a photo diary of the development so you can all keep track! I was the one who did the patio yes, though I dont think I'll be doing anything like that for a long time!! Does anyone know if Lady of Leisure is still around?

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Andy & everyone, a photo diary of the work sounds a good idea Andy.. There is always inside work to do before you can get to the good bits of a new home Andy...:wink::D Oh & BTW, Lady is still here she has just changed her screen name, she is now Victoria & one of us mods now.....:wink: :D

:dh: Here we are at Friday again already...!! Anyone care to tell me where this week went..???:dh::hehe:

:thmb: Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing..!

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,475
    Good morning Andy, Marley and everyone,

Marley, I hope your computer is working OK now :thmb:. I think the week disappeared under the snow :)

The snow is back here but I don't think it will hang around too long.