Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Andy, Marley, Shiney and all.

Thanks Shiney, Marley I'm supercharged once again.:gnthb:

I do hope you can get that PC sorted out Marley those blooming things are very like men they only work when 'they' want too....sorry guys!:hehe::wink:

Andy Marley is correct alas poor Lady is no more she has been reborn as an immortal mod called Victoria so you will have to watch you p's and q's from now on!:hehe::D

Talking about snow we had a nice heavy fall yesterday but thank goodness it hasn't stopped to play.

Have a nice day and Andy stop playing those games and get some work done you naughty boy!:old::DHel.xxx.

2. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    hehe its not my fault, blame the admin for tempting me with classic games!! Thanks for the info about 'Victoria' I will remember my P's and Q's!!! I dont know where this week went either, but im looking excitedly forward to the end of the month so who cares! :D

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,185
    :) Good morning, all.

Pleased that you are all survivng the massive onslaught of snow and freezing weather there ... I hope your plants are lucky as well.

Here in the land of sunshine we have been having our most intense winter rains for a few years with houses, business, land etc flooded mostly further west of me. We also had a little frost which did some damage ... but all will recoup and be refreshed ready for the onslaught of summer when we can go up to 6 months without rain. :(

Nice to see you back Andy and so pleased you are finally getting your own home ... you are quite experienced now so it was good you joined GC early on. :thumb: I changed my name to strangely enough ... my name :hehe: which I am on other forums ... just tidies things up ... plus I know now if someone is speaking to me and not laughing ... :yho:

We have sunshine this week so I've been enjoying it gardening and reading outdoors.

Have a good day everyone, wherever you may be and whatever you may be doing. :)

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends ,Hope you are all well and that you have a lovely weekend and please stay safe:)

5. DiggerDan

DiggerDan Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well in my nature of doing things differently I'll say morning all even though I'm about to go to sleep.

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone and Happy Valentines day to all of you who celebrate it:)

Welcome Dan and hope you slept well by the time you wake up to read this:D

Helen sorry to hear that you wasn't feeling too goood the other day.Nothing worse than feeling grot.I do hope that you are feeling much better now though:thumb:

Marley,I can't understand these computers at times the way they play up.I had to take my laptop upstairs and work right next to the router before I could do anything,though once I cahnged the angle of the aerial it works much better.I just thought it might have been the weather making it play up:hehe:

Shiney,I have taken a photo of all my seeds.I just can't believe how many packets there were so good job we have a fair bit of land in which to sow them all:hehe: I have bought a new Rhubarb crown in case the old one has had it's day.What with all the wet weather and now the snow we havn't been able to attempt to try and dig up and split the old one.When we were over the allotment the other week when Mr Kandy was pruning the fruit trees I noticed some buds on the crown so have added some compost to it as food.We shall see if we get more than the four stalks we got from it last year.:(

Well,we had a good frost last night and though the snow thta fell Thursday night has all gone there is still loads of snow in the village so have to be careful when driving on the roads ,eeek

Hope you all have a great day in everything that you do:)

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

It was very icy out there when I got home last night but it doesn't seem to hacve got any icier :thumb:, but it hasn't got better either :(

Have a great day :D

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Dan (what time do you call this?:old:),Kandy, Shiney and all.

Always nice to see you welcome the weekend in Woo, do hope all is well with your sweetie and your still enjoying these early morning walks with the girls.:)

Kandy it was only one bad day needless to say I'm on a roller again but thanx for caring hun.:luv:

Kandy Bob's getting really terrible with getting 'stuff' for the plots it's become quite an obsession with him he wanted to buy a Rhubarb crown yesterday (again) but I'm doing a deal with young Alan for one...he lets me have a crown or else!:D:hehe:

Kandy I have a confession to make Bob doesn't use his laptop so I'm afraid I have become somewhat lazy and borrowed his for upstairs and keep mine for downstairs.

I must admit I'm loving Youtube at the moment and watch no end of stuff on it through the early hours thankfully there are a good few videos of UK allotments on just a pity some people our a little shy going on in front of the camera maybe something I'll do in a few years time when our plots look something like.:D

Roads pretty icy here but i have to say we have had an awful lot worst so we at least can cope.

Have a lovely weekend guys and don't do anything I wouldn't...so no holds barred then!:yho::D.Hel.xxx.

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Good morning Woo Dan Kandy shiney Hel & everyone a bit late again,,, but I think my computer is all finished now...!! Lots of things done & added & after a few hicoughs it is now working at the speed of light...!!!! I didn't have problems as such Kandy, it was just so slow with everything that was on it & had been done over time so it has had a complete scrub up & re-birth...!:hehe:
    [​IMG]

:thmb: Well I hope you all have a great day, whatever you are up to.! :wink: [​IMG]

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I trust that you are all OK and well on this Sunday morning,as soon as we have had our Muesli :hehe: We(Gypsy-Penny) are going for a short walk,everyone have a lovely day and all stay safe:)

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all, me and "ellie" finished our early walk Woo just about to wake mrs Walnut with a kiss and a cup of tea make breakfast while she gets ready then get the lycra on for a nice ride, get back early afternoon for gardening pursuits,excercise "ellie" again, catch up with some reading in the evening,a typical Walnut sunday,hope ypu all enjoy your day as much as I will.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning Woo, walnut and everyone,

Woo, I hope you enjoyed your walk :gnthb:

Walnut, I feel tired just reading your post. :hehe:

I'll go out for a short walk later after Mrs shiney has massaged my neck. I pulled a muscle in my neck/shoulder yesterday whilst sneezing :(.

We are going to visit some friends who moved to a village in Suffolk just before Christmas. We shall be having a pub lunch as they say that one of their locals is very good :yho:

Have a great day :D

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning,Woo Walnut,Shiney and everyone:)

Hope you got a good walk in with the dogs Woo.It looks like a nice day for it,well up this way it does:)

Walnut hope you enjoy your bike ride today.I am having to use my trainer at the moment because we still have snow lying here in our village.Mr Kandy and I went for a walk round the village yesterday evening and nearly fell over a couple of times on the ice.:oops: I am determined to get more fitter than I was when my Sciatica was at it's worst:p

Shiney sorry to hear about your strained neck I am sure Mrs Shiney will be able to sort it out for you. Hope you enjoy your visit to your friends and your pub meal.We are having home made steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes,peas and carrots today.I didn't make the pie but bought it from the local farm shop yesterday.They put the wrong price lable on it so got it for £1.55 instead of £3.40:rotfl:

Well I didn't get a card from Mr K yesterday as we don't bother buying them any more,though he did by me a new waterproof coat yesterday and I got him some gardening stuff:p:D

Hope everyone has a great day.Me and Mr Kandy are just going off for our usual Sunday morning village walk:thmb:

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    Hi Kandy, sounds as though you got a good deal with the pie - hope it isn't out of date :hehe:

Mrs shiney and I don't buy Valentine cards anymore. We still give each other a card as we keep a stack of them in a drawer and just use them :). It takes the commerciality out of the day and we still love each other :luv: :luv: :luv:

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut, Shiney, Kandy and all.

Marley I can see you're going like the clappers now or at least those penguins are!:hehe:

Woo I do hope you were welcomed this morning with a cracking day break because I must say it's wonderful here.

Walnut dear Walnut when are you going to slow down?:D

Shiney I think you have a good woman there maybe you should keep her?:wink: Have a lovely time visiting your friends good food and good company one couldn't ask for more!

I'm ashamed to say I still haven't visited our old neighbours really need to sort my act out.:doh:

Kandy it must have been pretty scary for you yesterday thinking with every near slip you might fall and hurt yourself badly I'm happy to hear that you didn't suffer a fall.

I'm doing my best too to get fitter, more active and I must say it's doing me the world of good so much so I only have my pain killers at night-time I still waddle like a duck when the pains get bad but I don't moan about it as I use to (honest!).

I think when you have a long outstanding condition you can get 'use to' the pain odd as it might seem I think some of us really do, also there are two ways to go with it feel sorry for yourself which I have been very guilty of that or bite your lip and find something to help you control the pain 'mind over matter' if you like and I'm doing brilliant although I think my MP3 player has a lot to do with that .....pity about people complaining about their bleeding ears a minor ailment of hearing me singing I think!:hehe:

Well it's a lovely morning here although I'm not too fussed to see if the grounds good enough for going around carboots but I am off to a lovely antiques fair at Lincoln showground it's a good sized one and fingers crossed I'll find a bargain!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx