Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, I see everybodies up and making the most of their Sundays. its so miserable and grey out there I'm struggling to get motivated.:skp: So I will force myself to get ready and take our a Ming for a stroll round the park (he dosnt care what the weathers doing)
    Hope your neck gets better soon Shiney.:thmb: Take care everyone and have a pleasant Sunday.:flwsml: 02

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I hope that you are all OK and looking forward to another new day.I,m a little early today its only just gone 2am ,I just get so excited about each new day :yho:I have this idea that I should try and make it last as long as possible so I get up early:hehe:Everyone have a good day and please stay safe:)

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all, glad you are still using the trainer Kandy and very wise when there is ice about.
    O2 I see you made a great slide show out of your miserable sunday so it wasn't that miserable after all.
    Shiney I hope mrs S is looking after that neck of yours.
    Woo i'm with you on that to wake up each day is a joy and a challengethat's what living is all about.:thumb:

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Walnut and everyone hope you have all slept well:) I am the same as you two.I like to get up early when I can so that I can enjoy each day.If I get up late the day seems to fly past even faster,but when I get up early I can cram in so much:D

Walnut I enjoy the trainer though I struggle to get onto it as I only have short legs and I wish I was able to use my odometer so I knew how many miles I had cycled.You can't use it on this trainer so I just plug in my ipod and cycle until I feel I have done enough then I give it a rest.I am using my folding bike with it at the moment but might change it for my mountain type bike because the trainer wears out the tyres after many miles.:oops::p

Shiney,that pie turned out to be a Chicken and Mushroom pie in the end when I had cooked it so I had to quickly microwave some of the Quiche I had bought at the same time,so not only did they cock up the price they put the label on the wrong pie anyway:lollol: The best before date was ok as well:D

Helen,since I have stopped sitting at the computer for too long my Sciatica has been better and we haven't been able to get to the allotment since we had all the snow,though now since the rain of yesterday a lot of oit has gone so I can now see the mud that once was a lawn:p

Hope you had a great time at the car boot yesterday and maanged to get some good stuff:)

Hope you all have a good day folks:D

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everybody,

Thanks for your good wishes about my neck. It's still quite painful but a lot better :thumb:. We had a good time with our friends at their new home. It is a small bungalow that they are having altered and a conservatory put on. They are having to live in just one room with all the furniture piled up whilst the work is going on but it looks as though it will look lovely when it is finished. They also inherited two beautiful cats that are very friendly - part of the terms of the sale :). The people selling the place were moving abroad.

The pub lunch was good and I had a starter of Malaysian chicken strips with sweet chilli sauce followed by steak and ale pie with chips and veg, and ended with sticky toffee pudding. I don't think it has helped my diet much :hehe:.

All of the snow has finally gone from the garden but it is a bit soggy out there.

Kandy, sorry to hear your pie wasn't what you thought it was. Which of you doesn't like chicken and mushroom?

Helen, I hope your antiques fair was a good one :thmb:. I think I heard something on the news about sound pollution - were they referring to you :rotfl:

Have a great day :D

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Good morning everyone, I'm a little bit stiff from my 5 hour walk yesterday, but it was worth it. Now all the frost has gone I'm going to get my bike out again and give the trans pennine a go.http://www.transpenninetrail.org.uk/template.asp?ID=0&parentID=481. Just my Manchester little bit first. :hehe:
    Walnut I dont know where you find the energy to dog walk then a long bike ride:dh:, but I'm envious.:D
    Kandy your pie should have been called 'pie suprise':hehe: Im sure you enjoyed it anyway.
    Shiney hope you neck is a little easier to day.
    Woo like you I like the early hours too.
    Hope everyone has a lovely day, take care 02:thmb:

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone hope you have all slept well:)

Shiney I will give you one guess as to who doesn't like Chichen & Mushroom pie :o Hope you enjoyed your steak and ale pie,though I wouldn't have enjoyed the starters either and the afters would have been too sweet for me:D

It sounds like your friends will have a very nice place to live when it is finished and I do like the idea that they have adopted the owners cats when they bought the bungalow:thumb:

02 I will have a look at your link later when I geta bit more time.I always like reading about those sorts of things.You did well to walk for five hours though,I havn't done that length of walking for some time since my Scaitica has been playing up though touch wood at the moment it is a lot better:thmb:

Today Mr Kandy is having half a days flexi holiday because we found out on Sunday from my father in law that part of the building he owns where our caravan is stored has some weather damage to it.He told Mr K that there was just a small hole in the side wall but when our brother in law went over to have a look it appears that one whole side wall has all but collapsed and there isn't a lot now holding the rest up so Mr Kandy is going to bring the caravan home until we can get some other storage sorted out.My father in law refuses to spend any of his money on repairs and was talking about selling the place but I think he will just let the whole place fall down.It would make a good project for Grand Designs me thinks:D

Hope you all have a great day:)

PS we still have a small amount of snow in our borders and on the grass verge but most of it has all gone andit looks so gloomy out there:p

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Shiney I do hope that your pain in the neck eases somewhat, Is it awful stiff too? (please no cheeky jokes :doh:) I do hope it's not that bad that in order to look from left to right out of the line of your vision you have to move your whole body just to look around.:(

Shiney the bungalow and the cats sale is kind of like something that happened around here quite a few years ago, a couple were moving aboard so 'sold' their cat and gifted the house it made the local news at the time....me thinks that was a very expensive cat indeed!:hehe:

Kandy such ashame that some people will not mantain building houses etc. just general mantainance will save an awful lot of major future work and most of the the time if one is able to do the work yourself it only costs pennies.

I'm afraid Bob has taught me how to play poker and I have to say I'm loving it but I hasten to add it's not strip poker not with things slipping down south as they are!:old::hehe::D

Kandy we popped over to the allotments the other day just to do some rabbit fencing but although all the snow has long since gone the ground is just far too muddy, we will be picking up some slabs this year (free if we can) for a few paths in the paddocks ....skip hopping at it's best!

Have a lovely day guys.Hel.xxx

9. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Woo and all.

Well the sun is out, blue skies are blue! First time its been this nice for a long time up here! It was even so mild yesterday I managed a walk along the canal path on lunch, think another trip may be in order today! Currently trying to plan my Stag Do but im not quite sure what I want to do! Hopefully this weather will last and will draw me out into the garden, im not one for going out in the garden in the cold!

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everybody,

O2, once when we were walking in the Lake District we met a couple who had done the Trans-Pennine Way and the Pennine Way with their dog. They said that the dog loved going on walks that lasted for weeks and they were spending six weeks walking all the Lakeland Fells. The dog was really friendly and wore soft leather boots :). Apparently dogs' paws can get badly damaged if they walk continuously on rock. He seemed very happy with his boots :gnthb:.

Kandy, I hope your sciatica is getting better :thumb:. It must be quite difficult to find a new home for your caravan :(. good luck with that :).

Helen, yes, my neck was very stiff but it is a lot better today :). Wow! You must have some very aggresive rabbits. I've heard of hares boxing but never heard of rabbits fencing :hehe:. What type of swords do they use? :rotfl: :rotfl:

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
  12. DiggerDan

DiggerDan Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    *is giggling at Rabbits fencing*

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone hope you are all feeling good and rearing to go on this wonderful Wednesday :thumb: all take care and stay safe:)

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everyone,

Hi Dan :hehe:.

Morning woo, it really is a lovely day today with the sun shining brightly :gnthb:

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Shiney and everyone,

It is quiet foggy out there this morning and is really miserable so won't be going over to the allotment today:( I might slip and slid over to the greenhouse though and keep Mabel company:D

I was going to put up a couple of photo's from photobucket of the foundry where we sued to keep the caravan but photobucket is down for maintenance:( Evidently some more of the wall has come down in the fou ndry so we have done the right thing to move the caravan,My fil,says he is going to park his car on the path outside his house as it is wide enough and once he has scrxped off the other cars that are no longer roadworthy he is probably going to put the foundry on the market to get rid of it.Athough it stands on 3/4acre of land,what with the climate as it is,he either won't get that much for it or it won't sell,though in the past he has had village people offer to buy it off of him,but at the time he wanted to cling on to it...

I hope someone buys it that can spend the time and money in making something decentrout of what once was a fantastic place:)

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:D