Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney, Kandy and all.

Shiney the rabbits over here have been seen with tommy guns nothing can take them down they're well'ard little critters!:flag::hehe:

Kandy wanted to go over to the plots today had thought (that's a new one for me :hehe:) that with no rain, snow etc. for a while the ground would dry up nicely but it was not to be it rained in the night and it's seems to want to stay around today for a while....at this rate nothing will ever get done over at the plots.:(

On the other hand have sown a few seeds with a few more to do so that's keeping the gardening bug on at the moment which is good.
    Have a nice day guys and if it's raining don't let it get you down.Hel.xxx.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning all, very damp & misty here this morning so won't be going in the garden... Going to find something indoor to do today...

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing..

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends,I do hope that you are all sleeping well and that when wake up refreshed and invigorated ready for this great new day in front of us :yho:Its 2.10 am and I felt a little (peck)ish so I am going to have some Toast and Shreddies and a Mug of strong tea after I have let my 4 legged friends out in to their garden ,given them some fresh water and some jerky,then about 3am we will all venture out for a brisk early morning walk to start our day,You all have a lovely day and please stay safe:thumb::)

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all,hope you enjoyed your waik Woo I have just come in from mine "ellie" is tired for now, will wake mrs Walnut up shortly with a kiss and a cuppa before doing our breakfast,plenty to do in the garden still tidying up after doing the drive for mrs Walnuts car have been rounding up all the green bins off the neighbours to get rid of some of the holly tree I cut down I will leave the trunk in the garden to rot down,Ihave left 4ft of the tree sticking out of the ground cut off most the roots will place a tub with trailers in to cascade down and make a feature of it,all have a good safe day.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

I can't believe it is Thursday already,another week nearly gone.It has been so quiet in our village with all the kids on half term,I think they must all be hiding indoors now that the snow has all but gone.We still have a blob on the grass verge that is getting smaller by the day:D

Woo,hope you enjoyed your brekkie and that you all enjoyed your walk:) Hope you have a good day:luv:

Helen,I was hoping to go over to the allotment yesterday but after the fog had gone we had mizzly rain all day so ended up staying in and getting jobs done round the house:p I have sowed some Holly Hock seeds but haven't done any more as they are forecasting colder weather next week so I think this years weather is going to be a bit behind this year:D

Hope everyone has a good day:)

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning everyone,

I hope you all have a good day with everything you have planned. :gnthb:

My printer is playing silly B's at the moment. One of the colour cartridges has run out but the printer won't even print just a black and white until I have put a new pink cartridge in - which I haven't got :mad:. So I told the computer to send the document to my copier/fax/printer and they seem to have stopped talking to each other :(.

So I'm off to the shops for some more ink. I might also look to see if they have a better printer on offer. When our last one packed up we bought an Epson printer that was quite cheap but it is very slow in printing and it is driving Mrs shiney potty when she has a lot to print :mad:.

Have a great day :D

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Woo are you a three shredded wheat kind of guy? I think you must be you're always on the go.:hehe:

Walnut where have I gone wrong? I can't remember the last time Bob made a cuppa never mind breakfast, I must get some tips from Mrs.Walnut.:thumb:

Lol Kandy same kind of weather over here I did hope the ground would be allowed to dry up but that's not going to happen here in a rush. Although I will be going on a raid later on today to collect a cabbage and maybe some sprouts to go with the steak pie I'm making for tea.

Will have a look to see if those rabbits have been able to get to the last of our leeks maybe I should think about setting a trap and having a nice rabbit stew? must admit I haven't had one for years.

Some seeds I sown the other day have sprouted so I will be once again rooting through the seed case to sow some more silly I know but I still get excited when seeds sprout up.:o

Shiney I do hope you are able to sort out your printer go on treat yourself to a new one I'm sure Mrs.Shiney will be more than happy with that idea and maybe it will stop her from going so potty too.:hehe::wink:

have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

8. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone its a Friday ,I do hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend Helen I have managed 4 shredded Wheat :hehe: Shiney hope you get your Printer sorted out :thumb: well we have had Snow-Floods-Frost-Gale force Winds-and that's only this Month:)
    Its a full English Breakfast this Morning after our Walk,well you all have a great Friday and Please stay safe:)

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,yes Woo it is Friday again,I just don't know where the time goes to.Hope you enjoy your English Breakfast It's been quiet a while since I had one of those:D

Shiney hope you got a good deal on a new printer.They bring out new models every five minutes and some of the reproductions that are printed out are excellent.:thmb:

Helen,I mostly have porridge for my brekkie but today have decided on having Weetabix washed down with a nice mug of Earl Grey which in my opinion is the best tea out but I expect others will say differently.Mr Kandy likes coffee,but just the smell of it makes me feel rough:p

Well today we have thick fog again although yesterday afternoon was brilliant for a time and I managed to get a line full of washing out which almost dried before the dark clouds came back and it got too cold.

Had nine Buzzards flying overhead at one point so I can only assume they were family groups as I have never seen that many before at one time.Managed to capture three on my camera together but it was difficult as there we so high:( Lovely to see though and it made my day:DManaged to get some tidying up done in some of the borders and found a few slugs.they must have antifreeze in their blood to survive the artic conditions we have just had:hehe: Have spread compost and leaf mould onto my Runner Bean bed but don't know what we shall put in there this year as we are not growing tomatoes any more due to the blight of two years running and it looks like the Runner Bean plants I left in have finally rotted so I did well to have them for two years:p

Hope you all have a good day in all that you do:)

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    Good morning woo, Kandy and everyone,

woo, I was just going to bed when you got up :hehe:. I hope you had a good walk and a very good breakfast. I can't even eat one Weetabix :rotfl:

Kandy, I have porridge every day as it is supposed to help cholesterol levels. We have given up on growing tomatoes outside as well because of the blight.

Helen, I give Mrs shiney hot water in bed every morning - to drink and not to wash in :hehe:. We both have four mugs of hot water first thing in the morning. It helps clear the system :).

We still haven't got around to sowing any seeds so must start soon.

I got the new ink for the printer but still can't decide on whether to get a new printer. They had two ex-demonstration models on sale for 29.99 each. I asked the salesman about them and he said that I shouldn't buy them. He said that one of them doesn't work properly and that they haven't got the driver for the other one :scratch: :(.

I may get some work done in the garden if I feel up to it.

Have a great day :D

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney hope your neck and other problems are starting to clear up a bit:thumb:

Glad to see you managed to get the ink cartridges,though I don't think those sales people will be be able to sell those tow printers if they are no good:scratch:

Mr Kandy could do with porridge every day for his Cholesterol problem but he always has rice krispies with museli stuff on top..eek.I tried that hot water and lemon lark but it made me feel yuk,I have to have my water ice cold before i can drink it apart from my tea or chokkie drinks:D

I'm busy irioning at the moment so had better get back on with it.Hope you have a good day:)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    I went out in the garden earlier intending to do some pressure hosing of the patio as it is so mucky. Unfortunately, when I turned on the machine, the hose attached to the gun came away from the machine :mad:. I have taken it back to the shop (bought it in April) and they have given me a new hose and attachment. I hope this will work OK.

The roads around here are going to be pretty busy over the weekend as Jade Goody is getting married nearby. It's a fabulous hotel and I hope everything goes well for her :gnthb:

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney I was going to ask you and then forgot if you had had an invite to go to her wedding as you are a living down that end of the world.:D

My thoughts and prayers are with her, and my friends and family at this presant time who are each having to deal with this terrible disease in one way or another and I hope that soon they will be able to find a cure for what must be the worst disease of all time...I just hope her passing is a lot more peaceful than the build up to it....

PS leave the slabs,they will be ok looking dirty for a few more weeks:flag::D

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,476
    Kandy, the wedding will only be a couple of miles from here but I haven't been invited and don't think I shall bother to gatecrash :hehe:

The new hose worked fine - for half an hour - then the nozel of the jet broke :mad:. I didn't actually need the new attachment, only the hose and its connector. I went back again to the store and told them that the new attachment had broken and they said that they didn't have any more in stock. So I told them that it wasn't a problem because they could give me back my original attachment. They found it out the back in their store and gave it to me.

When I got home I found that my old attachment wouldn't fit the new hose properly, although they are the same models, as the connecting end was a tiny fraction too big. So I then had to spend half an hour filing it down until it fit :(.

I've just come in from having quickly pressure hosing over 100 sq m of paving and feel shattered. Had to get it done as Mrs shiney has a new group of students coming tomorrow - I'm doing the cooking for them as usual :).

I'm just going to cook myself a quick meal and go off to the bridge club. Enjoy your evening :D

15. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends have a great weekend and please stay safe out there:)