Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Morning everyone, well here we are & Monday again.. The weeks & weekends fly by.. Spent most of my weekend in the garden too.. Have a great day everyone.!:thmb:

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning everyone,

I have been very busy this morning with emails. It has taken me nearly three hours to deal with them all :(.

Helen, these courses that Mrs shiney is teaching are Reiki. She teaches Reiki I, Reiki II and Reiki Masters regularly. She also runs seminars for women which are called 'Health At Your Fingertips' where she shows many easy to learn ways that you can use to improve your health and maintain it. She is a multi-therapist and is qualified in over a dozen different therapies. :gnthb:

I always do the cooking for the full day courses. Eating and cooking are two of my many hobbies and in the past I have taught cooking.

Have a great day :D

3. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hello everyone I am a bit late :hehe: Yes Hel we had a great dinner I took some trifle down with us that I bought in Asda that morning
    With everyone talking about cooking I have just trimmed down my Bay shrub would the leaves be ok to put in stews etc and do you have to dry them or store them ? :thmb:

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,480
    Nathan, yes they would be good in stews, curries, bolognese, chilli etc. Funnily enough the flavour becomes stronger when they are dried - which is the state they are in when you buy them.

Just tie some string around the ends of the stems (branches if they are big :)) and hang them upside down in your kitchen. After a couple of weeks they should have dried but if you want to store them it is best to leave them a month.

We just leave them hanging there because they look quite good. When you want to use any you just snap the leaf off from the stalk. You can use the leaves before they have dried. :thumb:

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends couldn't sleep as I am to excited,my garden plans keep spinning round in my head (Mrs Woo said there is plenty of room for them):hehe: and with Spring almost here plus a whole new day to look forward to well what else can I say :yho: More brick laying to day for some new circular Raised beds .Everyone have a cracking day and please stay safe:)

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

It is wonderful Woo isn't it when you are still able to have that lovely excitement feeling running through your veins when you start to tackle a new project I pity the poor souls who have not got a hobby I really do.:)

Lovely Shiney my neighbour (from our old neighbourhood) did something along the same line (not teaching of course) can't remember just what it was called all I can remember she played about with my feet a lot and it was something to do with pressure points :cnfs::)

Nathan you naughty boy you shouldn't have brought a trifle they are so easy to make it's just the waiting time for everything to set, but I know you guys are not known for waiting too long so you are forgiven for buying an Asda one.:hehe:

Marley glad you were able to spend some hours out in the garden over the weekend it was lovely wasn't it?

We were only able to spend 45 mins down on the paddocks yesterday but I wanted to make a start on the last big bed that hasn't been dug yet, we managed to do about 19ft x 8ft. Bob helped as well although I had to keep telling him off as he looked like he was going to faint so in the end I cornered off a section and once he finished that you could see the relief in his face. Now when the guys at the plots say 'Helen's been busy again I see' Bob will be able to tell them actually I did a fair bit myself!:D

Got plenty of ironing to do this morning then if the weather holds an afternoon down on the plots for Bob and I he's itching to have a play about with his new mantis tiller.

Have a lovely day guys.Hel.xxx.

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,late today getting up so have only just got on heret hough at least I am not last:D

It sounds like we have all been busy in one way or another over the weekend and yesterday.I spent the morning yesterday doing a spot of gardening, potting up some plants and tidying up one of the borders then after I had had a bite to eat I drove over to the allotments and did some compost turning and rotavating the same pieces of ground that I got done on Saturday so I am well pleased with myself.I have shallots and onions in trays in the greenhouse and they are rooting and shooting so need to get them all in soon.:)

Hope you all have a great day:D

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning everybody :gnthb:

I had a lovely big bonfire yesterday which took three hours to do. I'll have to check it this morning to see what didn't burn and to tidy it up :).

Enjoy your day bricking or lottying :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney nice to see you up and about this fine but dull morning.I tried getting my bonfire lit yesterday but I think it was still a bit damp from all the snow so will leave it to dry out a bit longer.I have the remains of another rat to get rid of so thought it might as well be cremated.Hopefully that will be the end of them for the time being :D

Sounds like you had a big bonfire yesterday hope you didn't set fire to the fence though this time:hehe::old::D

Hope you have a good day:)

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,480
    Morning Kandy,

My bonfire got burning with no trouble at all :gnthb:

It was my neighbour that burnt the fence and it was the fence the other side of his garden :hehe:. I rescued him and he only lost one 6ft panel. I guessed what was going to happen when he lit the fire so rushed to get my longer hose down to the bottom of my garden where I then climbed over the compost heaps that separate us and got the hose aiming on to the fence whilst he rushed off to get his hose. The bonfire was about 6ft from the fence but was much too big. He now burns his stuff more frequently :hehe:.

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I trust that you are OK and well on this cracking Wednesday Morning with a whole day to look forward to,everyone take care and please stay safe:)

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,yes it soon rolls round Woo,we are into the middle of the week already:D Hope you have a good day:)

It looks dry out there this morning and it is nice to see it getting light and all the birds are singing so Spring is on it's way at last:thumb:

Shiney,I remember you telling us last year about your neighbour trying to burn the fences down,glad to see you are keeping him in order:D

Helen it sounds like you are getting plenty done over at your allotment.I dug up a lot of our raspberries last year around this time as they were getting choked by brambles that had grown amongst them and now we only have the Autumn ones to move.I can reccomend the Autumn fruiting ones if you can get hold of any.Ours cropped for weeks as we didn't get many off of the summer ones.We have got a nice yellow fruiting variety and the fruit were quiet large on them so we were well pleased.:thmb:

How did you get on with the Mantis?Do they still let you have them on a 90 day trial?I wanted one years ago but Mr Kandy didn't think they would be any good as you have to pull them along the rows whereas he likes rotavators you can push so we never did get one:D

Well I hope you all have a good day.Not sure what i shall be doing today,might go over to the allotment but haven't decided yet.:)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Woo I hope it was a lovely morning for your daily walk with your girls.:thumb:

Shiney it's not only your neighbour that's a fire starter I run away when Bob starts his fires but to be honest it's only a little one to put the kettle on to so it's kind of safe.

Kandy I have to agree with you the summer fruiting raspberries are not as good as the later ones that seem to have an amazing amount of friut on, lucky for us we do have at least 6 later friuting raspberries and we will have to see what the ones are which I were given the other day because nobody knows which they are!:doh:

Lol Bob has not got his little Mary Mantis out of her box yet we still need to do just a couple more jobs before she comes out to play, yes you still have that 'if you try and not happy with it send it back' thing with Mantis but Bob's already had a play with Ray's (plot neighbour) he's happy with it and it will allow him to try and keep up with me!:old::D

Yesterday finished off the last 20ft x 19th of bed #1 with it's first ever dig for a great many years and now it's a very long and oh so slow progress of getting on my hands and knees weeding both bed (#4) 19ft x 26 ft and bed (#1) 19ft x 30ft.

Thank goodness the other 4 beds have already been done and just need going over with the rotavator and tiller otherwise I would be there until Christmas!:flag::D

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,480
    Good morning everyone,

Another good day today. :gnthb:

I may do a bit of tidying up but I have already got tired just reading Helen's post :hehe:

I'll have to have a rest now :lollol:

have a great day :D

15. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.......

I'm back, i lost the name to the website and couldnt remember for the life of me, what it was called.

Its been a looooong and cold winter here in Ontario, but Spring is on the way.