Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny but still -10, but its starting to warm up and by Friday its supposed to be nice!!

Have a pot of chili on the stove and the house already smells great!!

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Penny I'm sure that chilli will make you feel warm, cosy and just what you need to steer off those low temperatures. How long before you start to 'see' Spring coming to you there?

Shiney how cute and dainty that bee orchid is I bet they look simply stunning in droves in your lawn.:thumb:

Hello 'BIG SPENDER' sorry couldn't help myself :hehe: I think you and your good lady have well earned a revamp Shiney and I'm sure your new fixtures etc. will last just a long as your old ones.

Terrible sign of the times when you have to pay the deposit by credit card just so at least you can guarantee your full money back if things go 'belly-up' but better to be safe than sorry and I hope all goes well with you Shiney.

Have you notice there was a time when cash was a brilliant bargaining tool than credit? And how about C.O.D? I mean in the 80's and even into the mid 90's you could still have power over the retailers by getting them to knock something off for cash, sadly things are now so much different and 'they' seem to want you to take out credit or a store card to get something reduced or free!:(

Bob and I just managed to to make two raised beds yesterday before the heavens opened but at least we got done what we wanted to get done so it's all good.
    Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Helen and everyone,

Well what a beautiful day it is out there at the moment,lovely blue sky and the sun is shining which is what I like and need for my winter blues.:p

I have just got back indoors after doing some seed sowing.I have sown my Leeks,Cabbage,Cos Lettuce and Celariac.I was going to sow my Sprouting Broccolii but when I opened the packet I found two foil packets of seed inside.Not sure whether I should have had two{I suspect not} but want to take a photo of them for reference purposes and will sow them when I go back down to the Greenhouse.It's not often that i get a bonus of anything.:hehe:

I have also potted up two Pleione bulbs thta we bought from a GC on Sunday so they are now in clay pots.:)

Have loads of other jobs I want to get done today,one of them being more clearing out of unwanted stuff.When I went to Tesco's the other day I found some great bargain storage containers some for £1 which I am using for my shoes,sandals and trainers and some of the others that cost £3.91 each will be used for storing other items.:D

Helen sounds like you got a good bargain the other day with the compost and you have done very well getting those deep beds dug over and prepared.It rained and blew a gale for most of the afternoon and all evening so everywhere is saturated today:(

Shiney I do hope treating Mrs Shiney to all your new lounge stuff and I hope it wasn't too painful having to part with all that money but like they say you can't take it with you when you go:old::D We desperatley need to get some decorating done as we have been here now nearly eight years so it is abpout time we finished off what we started.Are you doing all the wall stripping and painting yourselves?

We are trying not to use the credit card too much as it is easy to get carried away with it and after being charged £12 the other month for late payment due to them having a different date to pay by due to a sort code diffrence between the credit card company and our bank,they can get stuffed and won't be having us as good customers any more.{rant over:mad:}We know what you mean though about paying for anything over £100 with the CC ,and it is sad that it has come to that.

Well I hope you all have a great day,just going to read Plotty's blog and then need to get some more work done:D

4. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :) Good morning everyone,

Its currently -4 here and sunny :yho:

Its supposed to be nice here for the weekend, i sure hope so, i am ready for some nice weather :gnthb:

As for signs of Spring, i can see a few patches of grass in the front of my house, but its all snow in the back still :flag::flag:

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,482
    I was too busy this morning to get on here so - good afternoon :hehe:

Helen, the bee orchids are lovely when they are in bloom but you have to bend down to admire them :)
    I don't mind paying by credit card nowadays because my credit card company give me cashback on anything I spend. They pay it to me once a year, ay the end of Feb, so it's like a late Christmas present :gnthb:

Kandy, we pay our credit card by direct debit so it is never late :thumb:. No, I'm not doing the decorating myself as my neck and shoulders don't stand up well to that sort of work :(. Our nephew is a decorator so he is doing it. Keep it in the family :hehe: He will start some of the work before we go away and finish it whilst we are away. It will make it a lot easier for him that way and we won't see all the mess :). Also, he will get the carpet fitters in when he has finished the work in the lounge and then get the furniture delivered. He is painting all the doors and skirting boards in the corridor as well so he will do that whilst the fitters are in.

Penny, I hope your spring catches up on ours soon :thmb:. We already have quite a bit of colour in our garden.

Have a great day :D

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings everyone.

Know what you mean about busy Shiney,I was like that on Monday the day just flew and I had a hard time trying to keep up with it so gave up in the end:D At least we are getting nearer to the weekend and Mr K has got two day holiday so it will be nice to spend some quality time together though tomorrow he might be going over to his dads to do some more work on the old barn type thingy so will be tired by the time he gets back:p:old:

Good idea about going away while the work is being done on the lounge Shiney at least you won't have to put up with too much of the mess.Where are you off to this time,anywhere nice?

We pay all our credit card off each month but don't do it on variable direct debit.Perhaps we should think about doing it that way,though they should have told us that the sort code was different for our bank:(

PS forgot to mention yesterday about your Bee Orchid.Lovely specimen:thmb: Isn't nature wonderful?:)

Penny,sounds like you are going to be in for some good weather then at the weekend.:D

Anyway,hope you all have a good day in all that you do:)

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, don't get much of a chance to get on here in the mornings much recently..
    Shiney your Orchids look lovely, although a nightmare for you...:)
    Kandy, hope you are recovered now, Hel glad you & Bob are still making good progress on the allotments..:thmb:

Penny. hope the weekend is good..!!:thmb:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you are up to.!

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everyone,

It is sunny with lovely blue skies.

The snowdrops are now going over so Spring must be here. They have done brilliantly this year and we have had thousands of them appear. We shall split them in a couple of weeks. :)

Kandy, we shall be going up to the Lake District with some friends and staying at a very nice place in Lorton. The place that we stayed at for the last 12 years changed hands and is not very good now. The one in Lorton is owned by friends of the people who used to own the one at Bassenthwaite. It is an old vicarage and really lovely. :gnthb:

Marley, good to see you on here :luv:

Have a great day :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Oh Penny I can well imagine you getting fed up with the snow even with grass peeking up here and there, we had a heavy snow shower yesterday poor Bob panicked and juggled the cars around so they would all be off the road but thankfully the snow didn't settle but it didn't look good for a time.

Shiney sounds like you are in for a real treat going away to the lovely Lake District and coming back to a revamp room now that would indeed be lovely for Mrs.Shiney and so less stressful too. Kind of like that day time show where it's all revamped in an hour or so or was that a day? lol

Marley I hope you aren't working too hard sweetie and are finding time for a time-out for yourself.:wink: Yes Bob and I are getting there slow but sure!

Kandy the weather hit us bad here yesterday we only just managed to pop over to the paddocks with some 'green' stuff for our compost bins but it was so wet we were slipping and sliding all the way before the heavens opened with snow.:(

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :) Good morning everyone

Ok, i thought i had already posted, so its either in space or i posted in the wrong spot :lollol::lollol:.

Its -1 here and sunny, it feels down right balmy here :yho::yho:

Have some shopping to do :), and get some more soil for planting :thumb::thumb:

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone on this very frosty cold but sunny morning,and hope you all slept well:D

I do love these light mornings and can feel myself starting to wake up inwardly and outwardly now that we have turned a corner and summer is on it's way{well in a couple of more months that is:D}

Welcome back Marley hope all is well with you and your family and that life is treating you kindly.:thmb:

Penny I thought I had logged in just a minute ago but obviously hadn't as there wasn't anywhere to type anything:D:dh:

Helen,I am having to have a break from the gardening at the moment.My right wrist bones have been aching something shocking for the last two weeks and I have now had to resort to painkillers,it has got that bad and my wrist has also swollen.I might have to resort to either relocating to warmer climes or get some heat into the bone to help get it better.One of the joys of :old: me thinks.Being right handed doesn't help either as it is my dominant hand so tend to do everything with that one:p

Shiney,we were going to go somewhere different this year,but decided on the last day last year to go back as we had had such a nice holiday but when we went to book the pitch they can't get us in until the middle of the month for two weeks.We are also having a couple of weeks down where we stayed at Christmas as we have never been down that way in the warmer months so we are looking forward to it:)

Well Mr K is off again today and as it was lovely yesterday afternoon we went for a four mile round rip walk along the cycleway that is near to us,although as we were turning back we spied some dark clouds and ended up getting wet when we had a snow shower so was glad to get back home to the warmth of the house:D

Hope you all have a very nice day:)

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends Hope you are all well,Have a lovely Friday and please stay safe:)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Woo and all.

Woo I hope you and your girls are still enjoying your morning walks, I am sure you will be able to get some really stunning sunrise photo's to share with us soon enough.

Penny it was really cold last night here too I think it was -4 and just like Kandy my poor bones did suffer some what and I had a really bad night.

Kandy I'm slowly down a little now although not through choice I hasten to add but the cold really gets to me....roll on some nice warm weather then I can kick some butt again!

Going to have a steady day today and maybe work myself loose some what otherwise I will have a family of ducks following me around with the way I'm walking today!:hehe:

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everyone,

We had a very heavy frost last night and it looks as though there is snow on the ground - but the brilliant sunshine is beginning to melt it. It is going to be a wonderful day :gnthb:

Kandy, I hope your wrist gets better quickly. Do you think you have been overdoing it a bit? :) We shall be also going back to Lorton at our usual time of year. I think Lorton is very close to where Steve lives.

Woo, enjoy your weekend and keep the girls happy :D

Helen, it sounds as though you have been overdoing it again as well. Take care of yourself :)

I've not had much time to do things in the garden as I have been too busy with other things. This Lottery bid that I'm working on is also taking up a lot of time.

Have great day :D

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,hope you are well and taking it easy:thmb::luv:

Helen,I don't think us girls realise how much all this hard gratfting can do to our bodies.I think you are a lot younger and more supple than me so you need to go a bit slower or else you will definetley end up like me:old::ntwrth::D

Shiney,I quiet often get wrist and ankle joint pains and if I knock my nobbly fingers the pain is quiet bad but it is one of the joys of getting :old: I shall have to get back on to my Devils Claw and Cod Liver Oil supplements,I keep forgetting to take them everyday.:doh:I am trying to get as much work done at the allotment so we can get the stuff into the ground and because Mr K has to keep going to do work on his dads barn it doesn't leave much time for anything else in between work:p

Good luck with the Lottery bid,as it sounds like you are doing a good job there whatever it is:D

Enjoy your day everyone:)