Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :) Good morning everyone,'

Its 52 degrees here and its so nice :yho::yho:

I can see lots of grass, and it did rain a little overnight too :gnthb::gnthb:

Now that i can see the grass in the back, i need to do some picking up :(....why cant my dog go in the same area, and not every area :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends Its the weekend yet again I do hope that you are all well and that you have a lovely weekend ,All take care now and please stay safe.:)

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everyone,

I've got the drain man coming at 8 a.m. to pump out the cesspool :(. Pegs on noses, everyone :hehe:

We're off to see the winter garden at Anglesey Abbey after that :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney and all.

I hope you and your girls were rewarded with a smashing morning on your walk today Woo and your girls didn't chase any late to bed rabbits but then again I'm sure the girls are not wayward in anyway!:hehe:

Shiney do tell what's all this Lottery bid you're working on, I dare bet it's something wonderful that plenty of people can enjoy the rewards from because as we all know you're a worker for the people!:) Enjoy your day Shiney well the second part of it anyway!

Kandy I was ok until I turned 40 then everything went to pot a bad fall I had 15 years ago or so came back to haunt me, funny how things happen like that my trouble is I can't be still for too long and it's not because I have ants in my pants either I just seize up!

Nice to know Penny that your weather is on the up and you can see more grass although not too sure about the other 'stuff'. I remember only too well how much 'doggy do' our Rottweiler made 3 or 4 times a day it was a mountain!:doh: Good luck with your clean-up.:hehe:

Well yesterday was such a nice day so we took Bob's new 'girlfriend' out for the day down on the paddocks and my goodness Mary Mantis doesn't half work herself to death me thinks Bob might no longer have a need for me!:hehe:

Have a nice day guys and may the sun shine on you whatever you are doing.Hel.xxx.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney,Woo and everyone,

Woo,the weeks soon roll past but I do love the weekends and it is nice to be able to relax a bit.Hope you have a good one:thmb:

Shiney hope your peg does the trick,rather you than me and hope you have a good day afterwards.The Snowdrops there should be looking good today:)

Enjoy your day everyone:)

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,

Popping in late today, i finished the yard clean up today, and its been raining here since lunch, so the snow is really melting now (doing a happy dance here)!!!!!!!

Enjoy your evenings everyone.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Just when I wanted a nice Sunday at home pottering around the garden as it had started to dry up quite lovely and then what happens? We have the most horrendous bantering of wind and rain last night it was so bad the rain was horizontal and I did fear the greenhouse would fly away!:doh:

So it might be a little trip out and about doing a job for a friend instead.:)

Have a nice day guys what ever you are up to.Hel.xxx.

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen,Penny and everyone.

Helen we look like we have had some rain in the night and the wind is and was quiet bad so the wind chill factor is pretty cold brrrrr.Hope everything is ok with your greenhouse.Luckily ours is along the back of the garage so it is protected from any strong winds so don't have that problem.

Good luck with the helping for a friend and do take it easy,no point in overdoing it and then having to recouperate afterwards:thumb:

Because Mr Kandy had been doing a lot of hard grafting for his dad on Friday,I thought he would want a rest yesterday but he said he would like to go out somewhere just to get away from the house for a few hours so we decided to go over to the RSPB reserve at Sandy in Beds.We had a nice walk round there and was delighted in seeing our first English Crossbill {Have seen Scottish ones} down at one of the hides near a dug out pond.It only dropped down for a drink and although I took a couple of photos it turned it's head so I only got photos of its head which was nice.

After our walk round the reserve we went off to find something to eat and then had a drive to a couple of GC's for a look round so all in all we had a nice few hours out.

Just been for our usual village walk and am now cooking the beef for Sunday dinner.

Hope you all have a very nice day:)

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning everyone,

What a beautiful day :gnthb:

Penny, I'm pleased that your snow has gone. Enjoy your dance :hehe:

Kandy, the peg worked well and Anglesey Abbey winter garden was lovely. The scents and colours were inspiring. If any of my photos have come out OK I shall put some on 'What's looking good in March'. The mill was working so we had a look at it and bought some flour. :thumb:

Helen, the bid is a bit complicated but I'll try to explain, briefly :hehe:. Last year I managed to get a small grant from BAA to pay towards some equipment for our bridge club because I had organised lessons at some of the primary schools and for adults. I don't do the actual work - other members have volunteered for that :thmb:. We are now getting to the stage where I can plan to expand our teaching and also help with my new community project - all to do with the bridge club. We need more funding for some of the equipment and a laptop, projector and printer. So I hope that the Lottery can help. Our project has to comply with lots of criteria and it takes a lot of work collating all the documentation and writing the bid. Well you did ask :rotfl:

10. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Good morning everyone, boy am I glad I tided the garden up and planted some spring tubs on thurs and Fri while the weather was lovely and sunny.:D Last night was howling it down and blowing a gale. The weather forecast for the week ahead dosnt look to good either.:dh:

Hel, Kandy, Shiney and all, hope you have a lovely Sunday:gnthb: 02

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its cool and sunny here, and it rained all night, so i hardly have any snow in the back and not much more in the front, still have a good sized snow bank in front of the house, but even thats slowly melting down too.
    I should be able to rake this week, and i cant wait to get it all cleaned up.

Enjoy your day everyone.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Looks like everyone is still in bed:snz: as I am first on this morning.It is a beautiful sunny day though a bit cold and as my wrist is still aching I shan't be doing any gardening today just pottering around the house:D

Hi O2 hope you are well,we had squaly showers all day yesterday and me and Mr K got soaked when we went for a walk after our dinner so I know where you are coming from:thmb:

Hope the summer soon comes for you Penny,now that our snow has all gone it is nice to see the grass and all the Spring flowers:)

Shiney Good Luck with that Lottery bid.I don't do the lottery now not like I used to,only rarely buy a ticket now and never won any large amounts.At least I did help all those good causes with playing it so have done my bit for the nation:thmb:

Sounds like you had a good day over at Anglesey Abbey.Wew shall have to try and get out to some more NT properties before our renewal comes back round in June,although we did get to visit a few places when we were up in the Lakes last September:D

Helen hope everything went ok with helping the friend yesterday and I hope it is good gardening weather for you today:thmb:

Hope you all have a good one whatever you may be doing:thumb::)

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,482
    Good morning 02, Penny, Kandy and everyone,

Yesterday was very sunny so I decided to work on pressure hosing the patio. I gave it a very quick going over the other week but to do it properly takes about 20 hours so I thought I would give it a Spring clean. :thmb: I only managed a couple of hours because it got too windy and the spray was going everywhere.

As it is nice and sunny again today I shall give it another go but it looks windy :(

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :) Good morning everyone,

We had snow overnight here :doh::mad::mad: :flag:, but its not cold here and they say its going to rain around supper, so it will melt what we got :gnthb::gnthb:

15. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    sunny intervals but very very windy which makes it feel really cold. Brrrrr

[​IMG]