Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,

We have quiet a good covering of fog this morning so at least it will be a good day:)

Marley,I used to cut my elderly neighbours lawns for them all through the spring and summer for ten years before they passed away and then when the sun was chucked out of his own home by his cheating wife me and Mr K took him under our wing and did lots for him.I often wondered how I ever found the time what with a home and full time job to run,but that is my nature so I can't change,and I never used to charge them either.:)

Shiney,glad that Rosie survived the heart attack and it does sound like the tree surgeons have done a good job with those trees so it will look good for your open day.Glad as well that the lottery bid has gone off ok as well:thmb:

Sounds also like Oscar is doing a good job as wellk-l

Helen,I have seeds sprouting everywhere and will need to start pricking them out very soon as well as making more room in the greenhouse.eeeeek:p:D

Well,I have finally made an appointment to go and see the Dr this afternoon about my wrist and have had to stick a sign on my front door reminding me to go or else with my bad memory I shall forget and they won't be pleased.:oops:
    Also found out that our principal Dr at the surgey has just been and bought himself a new Porche so he will be spoilt for choice between the Merc 4x4 and the sports car.No wonder the prescription charges keep going up each year and wouldn't we all like to earn over £100,000 a year and then the have the cheek to quibble about student debts.My heart does bleed for them:hehe:

Hope you all have a very good day and may the sun shine on you wherever you may be:thumb::D

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,485
    Good morning woo, kandy and everyone :gnthb: and a warm welcome back Cookie :luv:

It's another sunny day today and the garden is definitely getting its Spring coat on :thmb:

Kandy, good luck at the docs :gnthb:

I'm always telling you lot to take it easy and don't overdo it :flag:. Well, I'm suffering today from overdoing it yesterday :( :hehe:. Not too much sympathy from Mrs shiney :rotfl:, or myself.

I'm just going to hobble off to the shops :hehe:

Have a great day :D

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,670
    Good morning all my friends Hope you are all OK,Kandy hope your
    wrist soon improves and your visit to the doctor goes well.Shiney I do hope that your Hobble gets better rapidly,everyone have a lovely day and all stay safe.:)

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Good morning to you too Woo :) Looks like this high pressure might be staying with us for the weekend, so everyone have a lovely time tinkering with your tender perennials and whatnot! Kath.

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning my dear friends Woo,Cookie,and Shiney and everyone else who pops in,hope you are all well.

Cookie,so sorry I missed your post yesterday,I must have had scrollers finger and rolled the posts too fast yesterday:oops::o The weather took a change yesterday after the thick fog first thing,we had sun when I went down to the Dr's but when I came back the sun went back in and that was it for the rest of the day:( Hope today and the weekend is as good as you say:thmb:

Woo my friend I just love your garland and the roses in your signature:thmb: The Dr says I have tendonitis,but it isn't catching:D Just needs lots of rest with it,some strong Anti- Inflammortories and one of those wrist supports to wear at night,oh and she said the heat pad treatment will help as well,though it will take months to get completely better,oh pooh:(
    Shiney,sorry to hear you are having to hobble around.Just make sure you hobble on equall sides so you don't put too much starin on one side of your :old: ish body :D

Well I have seeds to prick out at some stage,I am sure I can manage that without too much trouble.:D

Hope you all have a lovely warm day in all that you do:luv::)

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Cookie, Kandy and all.

Nice to know you got fixed or at least sorted out what's what at the doctors Kandy although thank goodness it's not catching.:hehe:

Shiney sorry to hear about you hobbling not funny I know but you boys do over do things even when you are told not to I think you just all like being naughty! Hope it eases some what for you sweetie.

Cookie nice to have you back hope you are well.:thumb:

Well in my absence we have finished off all of the Paddocks just a little tidy to do to some path edges and planting begins.

I had to rush out and buy a mini greenhouse (just for the staging) should have brought a couple of them when I saw them a few weeks ago but no I didn't want any then (lol) so we ended up having to pay £20 for one as apposed to the £10 they were the other week! Anyway at least I have some more room and when the toms are ready for fruiting I can take the staging down.

Have a nice day guys and may the sun shine down on you all.Hel.xxx.

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,485
    Good morning everyone :)

Kath, ever since I was a little kid I was told I mustn't do that :hehe: :rotfl:

My hobble is not quite so hobblesome now :D but thanks everyone for your good wishes :thmb:

I hope to get the laser out and start cutting the edges of the lawn today :hehe:

I wish all of you with aches, pains and other ailments all the best :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Goood morning everyone yet another beautiful morning again..!!!:yho: Well more seeds to sow today & some pretty plants to pot up for the old boy next door today.. I too am running out of room Hel...:D

:old: Shiney sorry to hear you are in a bad way take care..:thumb:

:thmb: Have a nice day everyone whatever you are doing..!

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,485
    Thanks, Marley :thumb:

we posted at the same time :hehe:

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Its the first day of Spring~~!!!:yho::yho::yho: thankfully :gnthb:

But its going to be cold here :(

11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm sure I haven't got the faintest idea what you are talking about Shiney ![​IMG]

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,670
    Good morning all my friends have a great weekend and all stay safe:)

[​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

Got up at six BUT

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Got up at six but have had three cats to feed plus cook some toast to have with my tablet before I could get on here.I shall have my porridge later so that it keeps me full longer:D

It is quiet cold outside 36.9f but I am sure that won't last long and it will be a beautiful day:thumb:

Mr Kandy bless him went over to the allotment yesterday afternoon as he was off on a half days holiday and got in the last of the garlic and also removed a lot of brambles that were growing inbetween our black currant bushes so at least we shall be able to pick the fruit more easily.He came home tired and shattered and feeling :old:

Helen,I know what you mean about running out of space I have five of those small mini greenhouse type things that have four shelves and a polyothyne cover that fits over them,though at the moment they are coverless.If yours are anything like mine you would have got a bargain at £10 each:thumb:

Not sure what we are doing today,will have to wait until the boss gets up,though I think grocery shopping might be somewhere on the list.:(

Hope you all have a great day:)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,485
    Good morning everyone,

The heavy frost has burned off as it is now very sunny :gnthb: but the birds' water is frozen solid. :(

It is a busy day today with gardening in the morning and then we are off to a stage presentation by a local writing group as part of the Essex Book Festival. I'm not sure what they will be doing :scratch:.

have a great day :D