Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,481
    Good morning everyone,

Helen, you can have all the cookies you want :gnthb:. I throw them all out every couple of days but they keep coming back but haven't spotted any choc chip ones :hehe:.

Marley, do you have curtains in your garden? :D

I want to get out there and carry on sharpening up the edges of my lawns but it may now be too soggy :(. I'll just have to try it and see.

Have a great day :D

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi everyone - good to see you all badgering away in your gardens. James and I have been trying to walk our way back to health. We both have mobility issues and the doctor is encouraging us to take any exercise we can. So with high dose pain relief, a backpack of fruit and water and a dud spring in our step off we go! Plenty of opportunity for birdwatching and photos. Has anyone out there ever tried the G.I.Diet - no Shiney, NOT General Infantry....!!!!!! We have been on it for 2 months now and it is really paying dividends. I have lost 18lbs and James has lost 28lbs (Men and their metabolisms *spit*!!!) Shiney - I am sure with your contacts that you could arrange a satellite laser weapon to edge your gardens from space James Bond Style! Helen, good to see you and look after yourself and Bob, and WOO - sending you my hugs. Everyone, be happy and relish the onset of Spring! Kath x

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,481

Hi Kath, I've already got some of that organised but it doesn't work where there are overhanging trees :(. Why do you think I've just had lots of trees chopped down? :hehe: :hehe: :yho:

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone :)

Its finally warming up here, BUT its also raining too :dh::rotfl:, figures huh, and they say rain for the next 5 days :flag:, but its better then snow :thumb:

Thanks for reminding me about the pansy seeds Helofadigger :thumb:, i would have forgotten about those ones, i am going to be saving seeds from "everything" this year :gnthb:, i will have tons of tomato seeds for next year and to trade as well :D:D.

Might clean out the front hall closet today and put away some of the winter stuff, even though we still have day skiing at all of our local resorts, but the night skiing is done :yho::yho:

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,668
    Good morning all my friends its 2.40am and Its a cracking morning there,s no wind and the flying is easy(there,s a song in there somewhere):hehe:
    Each day just gets better and better,and the nights are as good as the days:yho: you all have a great day and please stay safe:thumb::)

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone hope you are all well:)

Just getting over having a Wisdom tooth out yesterday,very painful injections into an infected gum but at least now it won't grow into a large abcess.Anyway,I have to use salt water after every meal to help it heal.Still can't do any heavy gardening work but at least it has enabled me to prick out some seedlings :D

Hope you are not feeling too cold with this horrible bitter wind we are having at the moment and they reckon it is going to get colder for the weekend:(

Hope you all have a great day and will be back some time soon:D

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Thankfully Woo there's no wind here today inside or out!:hehe:

Kandy sweetie I can't imagine the horror of getting that wisdon tooth out doesn't sound nice or much fun at all, I'm going to the dentist later on this morning might need an olf filling seeing to has a little bit of it fell out while I was eating a snicker bar!:doh:

Penny collect as many different seeds as you can that way all the pennies ( pun there sorry) you save can be spent on something different for your garden this works for me. Glad it's warmer for you sorry about the rain but pleased don't send it over to us.

Cookie glad you and your beloved are on the up even if you're packing meds you'll get there in the end girl although I'm sure I could do it I love my chocolate far too much I'll have to work harder down on the plots to get the pounds off!

Marley haven't used the pitchfork on any bums yet but as the saying goes 'The day ain't over yet' :hehe:
    Where're the new curtains bound for Marley? and is it just the pair you're making?

As I said before going to the dentist this morning thankfully I have never been scared going to them but I have seen poor souls crying their eyes out and they were adults, my goodness to be so scared like that must be horrible and I dread to think what experience they have had in the past to get them into such a state.

Have a nice day guys and take care.Hel.xxx.

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Mornin' All ! Kandy, I wish you a speedy recovery from your wisdom tooth op. Much better out than in darling. Gargle lots of salty water for a few days. xxxx Raining here in Devon for the first time in yonks. What a difference to last week. Hel - I have developed an allergy to chocolate over the past year and whenever I had some it would end up as an awful migraine - so giving up that was not as difficult as it might have been. For the same reason I've also given up caffeine and alcohol as they were having the same effect. Something to do with my rubbishy immune system and over enthusiastic allergy response to certain chemicals. My toughest 'give-up' for this diet is full fat cheeses of all kinds. Especially as the other week I drove through the village of Davidstow in Cornwall which makes my favourite variety! Everyone have a great day and keep warm and dry. x

9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Well its raining here and going to be warm, figures!! :dh:

I started transplanting my seedlings to bigger accomidations yesturday and hope to finish that today :thumb:, at last count i have 53 types of tomatoes growing and 35 peppers!! :thmb::yho:
    I received a couple trades in the mail yesturday from people and i am now up to 170 kinds of tomatoes that i have, a few i am out of, but am growing now :gnthb:, and around 55 types of peppers:thumb:.......i am so excited to see my garden this year, and the nice thing about working from home(work for hubby), is i can wander outside whenever :D:D:D

If there is a certain kind of tomato that anyone is looking for, let me know too, and i'll have a look for you and see if i have it.

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Penny said,
    Don't worry about that Penny we are all coming over for the taste trials.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Kath I wish I had your will-power I really do I shouldn't drink milky coffee (so not good for my gallstones) but a little cuppa now and again is worth the risk although thank goodness I haven't had an attack for quite sometime now but if I did have another one I think the coffee will have to be thrown....I just thank the lord that chocolate doesn't bring an attack on.

Kandy I had my chipped filling done and all went well until the dentist said he would like to keep an eye on my lower wisdom tooth as it's not come all through, I have since read up on the removeable of these teeth and it doesn't look much fun at all.
    I can now well imagine the pain yours must be causing you sweetie keep up the salt treatments and pop a couple of pills to give you some pain relief and get better soon.

Wow Penny I didn't think there were as many tomato types as that out, you sure must like your toms and peppers!:D

Got to do some more potting on today the flower seeds I sown the other day are already wanting to move to their new house.....goodness knows where I will find the room as there are still many more seeds to be sown!

Havea nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Good Morning Good morning everyone, not been around much as I am sooo busy again, gardening & sewing curtains for the families new house, nearly ready to move in....:yho:

Hel I am starting to run out of space too.. :dh: I shall be potting on & pricking out again tomorrow as well..!!:hehe:

:( Kandy sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather, hope you feel better soon..!:thmb:

:thmb: Well have a good day everyone, whatever you are up to.!

13. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning all. Another lovely sunny but very windy & chilly day here. I haven't any seedlings yet:( Might do some more today & keep them indoors.

Have a nice day.

cheers

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668

:gnthb: Come on over, say mid July :hehe::D:D

Good morning everyone,

Its still dark here, as its only 6:30am, but its drizziling at the moment, been up since 5:30, hubby took dog for a walk, and i had my shower, still havent gotten dressed, flannels are just too draned comfy :D:D

15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning Sandra Penny & everyone..! Well Market this morning & then I must go to Wilko's to get some more small pots.. They have some really good deals on the square pots... :wink: I am running out again..! :dh:

:thmb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing & keep warm..!:D