Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy and all my other friends,Kandy enjoy your Easter Eggs,Penny hope you feel better soon,Its raining and warm here so as soon as it stops raining I will be out in the garden brushing the raindrops off of the Roses :hehe:Everyone have a great weekend and all stay safe:)

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    morning kandy Woo and every body.I was up bright and early this morning filled the bird feeders and threw out a bit of wool I brushed off our MIng to help them line their nests. A lot of bird activity at the moment, I love to watch them. Hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend and go easy on the choccie eggs.:hehe: 02

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning, woo, kandy, penny, takemore and everyone.
    penny sorry to hear your unwell get well soon.
    its quite nice weather here yesterday and this morning at least its warming up a bit.
    have a great easter weekend all

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to everyone hope you are all enjoying this lovely Easter Day:)

Had a lovely day out with Mr K yesterday,we left all, the rain behind and went off to Shropshire way to visit the Ironbridge near Telford.It was nice and sunny and by late morning there were crowds of people and even a couple who had got married and were eating Ice creams as they had their photo's taken on the bridge.:DManaged to get a couple of photo's of their white Rolls Royce through our car window:D At least they will have a memorable day to remember for many years to come:)

We are having turkey for lunch today and them might crack open an egg later on to enjoy:lollol:

We have a damp day here at the moment but don't really mind as we had a good day yesterday so can't complain.I quiet fancy watching a good DVD this afternoon{The Passion} but it isn't Mr K's cup of tea but I think it was one of Mel Gibsons best ones yet.:)

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, sounds like you had a lovely day out yesterday look forward to seeing your pics, we having lamg today got it on a slow in the oven it cooks nicer on the lowest, not doing much today but i quite fancy going off somewere tommorow to get some pics will see.
    just had bother with my keyboard its wireless stopped typing so i had to switch other one in guess the batteries have gone and i didnt have any small batteries will have to get some, just aswell i had the other plug in keyboard.
    have a great day

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,I have just uploaded them onto the computer but have to turn a lot of them as they are sideways on:D I can't believe I took 174 photo's:oops:it is so easy to get carried away.They will have to wait until later though as I have to go and sort out the turkey etc .I hinted yesterday thta Mr Kandy should cook the dinner as I have a poorly hand but I think it fell on deaf ears:( I think I look after him too well:p

I have never cooked lamb in my slow cooker before.I will have to have a go next time we have lamb.Hope you enjoy your dinner:)

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, looking forward to seeing pics later, the lamb is in the oven on the lowest not in the slow cooker haha i just use my slow cooker for steak and kidney.well im like you ive to cook everything even to making the coffees, we spoilt our guys, hes working away so guess i cant complain, like it when we go out for a day and no cooking or my holidays we out every day for meals so i get my time off, speak later have a nice day

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
  9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,185
    :) Good morning and a very Happy Easter to you all.

Kandy, those pictures brought back memories from many years ago when we went to Ironbridge ... I sill have a little jug I bought in one of those second-hand shops there alongside the bridge.

Your turkey sounds yummy and rosa I'll just come and join you for that lamb.

It's sunny but blustery today so we're off up into the mountains for lunch (may have to have the roof up on the car) ... and somehow I fancy lamb ....:hehe: All the restaurants will be heaving as many Portuguese normally eat Sunday lunch out but today being a holiday it will be all the family. Tomorrow is not a holiday here.

No chocolate for us but may have an ice cream as a treat along the way.

[​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks kandy nice pics, morning victoria you certainly are most welcome to join us for lunch get the next plane out haha, how you doing not spoke in ages hope your keeping well, have a lovely day up in the mountains

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Victoria and Rosa again,'Happ Easter' to you both:luv:
    [​IMG]

Rosa,I have never tried a joint in my slow cooker as I am always worried it might not turn out ok.I will have to experiment.I am cooking a Turkey Crown today a nice small one with all the roast potatoes and trimmings etc,but I left out the stuffing as it always has a bad effect on us:oops::p:D I had better look to see if it is ok to have a glass of wine though with Ibuprofen:oops:

Victoria,Ironbridge Gorge is one place that Mr Kandy and myself have wanted to visit for years so finally went yesterday.We got there early but after a couple of hours it got a bit too crowded so we drove on to Blists Hill Victorian village but when we got there they wanted £13.50 each just to get in there before you even start and then you have to change your money into Victorian currency to spend in the shops.No wonder there wasn't that many people in there,though I expect it would have been a good experience.I would rather spend the £27 on plants,at least they would last a bit longer:D

Our next trip out hopefully will be to Wenlock Edge,another place we have always wanted to visit and now we have the caravan at home we might be able to get away for some longish weekends so will head that way:D

Hope you have a good Easter day up in the mountains,sounds brill.I think everywhere is shut here as it is Easter Sunday but not sure about the pubs and restaurants:lollol:

Enjoy your day:)

12. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +11,493
  13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning redstar and everyone, up quite early this morning, going out today to durham city hopefully i will get some nice pics of durham catherdral, going to have lunch somewere hehe no cooking today.
    kandy think you missed my chat i didnt cook the lamb in the slow cooker i cooked it in the oven on the lowest slow gas setting.
    have a great day all

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone, hope you all had a great Easter Sunday:thumb:

Hi Rosa,sorry I did read your bit about the oven and meant to write about it but then clean forgot due to my :old: age:D The Turkey went down nicely and we had a glass of wine with it and I was ok,no side effects from the tablets:D

Went out and found a small nursery open which had a small pond at the back with a wooden bridge going over it and there was a Mallard with a nest ful of chicks and through the slats we could see them hatching out.It soon drew a crowd of people and while I went and got my camera out of the car the others were busy taking photos with their camera phones:D I haven't looked at my picckys yet so hope they turned out ok:D

Hope you have a good day at Duram Cathedral.We had rain yesterday nearly all day so hope today is better:p

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, sorry thought you had missed that post about the lamb thought i had better tell you as ive never cooked meat in a slow cooker and i dont know how it would turn out hehe.
    look forward to seeing your pics, its gone very foggy here on the coast but it should be ok in durham more inland lets hope so, so that i can get pics of durham cathedral.
    have a nice day