Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, hope you are all well... Busy busy here with the grand children.. Off out today..!!

:thmb: Hope you all have a great day too.!

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and marley, hope you both have a lovely day and helen do be careful you dont carry anything heavy as that doesnt help your back.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,I am running late today,overslept after the bad storms yesterday and have been trying to catch up with myself:D

Helen glad to see you back{scuse pun} and hope you are feeling better with your back problems.:) I find that by keeping moving stops mine from playing up although I find that walking round the village of an evening with MrK on the hard paths starts mine off again whereas all day it is fine when I am at home in the house and garden:scratch: Mr K managed to get the last of the spuds in on Tuesday so they are all out of the way.I still can't do any of the heavy stuff though:(.Glad to hear that you and Bob are managing to get all your spuds in:thmb:

Rosa,sorry to hear about your weather,we had fog yesterday morning and then in the afternoon the sun came out but it was too wet to sit outside after all the rain.It is damp here as well today:(

Marley,hope you enjoy your Grandchildren,it is nice I expect to be able to spend quality time with them before they all go back to school next week:)

Hope you all have a great day:thumb:

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :gnthb: Hello all.
    I'm off in a while to meet up with cousin who has researched our family and managed to trace back to the early 1800's. It seems he's found a couple of skeletons.....I've got news for him too..I know of another one!:hehe:.

5. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :dh:Wow!...Have to say,my cousin is a star. He has traced both male and female grandparents back to 1810.
    The four names that figure are..
    Knight. Edgeworth,Locke and Driver. The last two I knew nothing about and It's opened a new angle for me to explore. I wonder how far those 'local' families have spread?

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Sounds good fun Pal tracing back through the family line and I bet it is very interesting.One of my past bosses had over the years traced his rellies right back to when records were first kept and one of then turneds out to be a Highway man:oops: He had the whole lot plotted out on large pieces of paper,though I don't actually know where he kept it all:)

His surname wasn't common either it was Down:D

You will have to keep us posted as to how you get on and Good Luck in your searches:thmb:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, dull and a bit cold here this morning, pal that sounds great fun tracking down your relatives, wouldnt mind tracking mine only thing i know is that my great grandfather lived in durham but his ancestors were from scotland.
    have a great day all

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone,it's wet and foggy here this morning so I shan't be going far today. Rosa,my sister started going on about doing our family tree last year and started asking me questions on the family.I know less than she does as I was one of the youngest in the family so she should know more than me:DMr Kandy's cousin has also started tracing his family line,but what I can't understand is why does everyone decide on doing one after the parents,aunts and uncles have all passed away,bit late by then:doh:

So Rosa,you are a Geordie lass with Scottish blood in you:D

Have a great day everyone who peeps in here:thumb:

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa, Kandy and all.

Sounds fun Pal researching your family tree although I agree with what Kandy says it is handy if you still have 'oldies' in the family as they do have a lifetime of names and can tell you who got up to with who and who did what, wonderful fun to hear and it does help the older person take centre state too so even great for them.

Kandy Bob's family is originally from Wales and has a very common Welsh surname Lloyd and mine are from Lincolnshire with a not so common surname Tee.

I'm doing well with my back and am now well on the way to being figting fit in fact Bob's brought me the Wii fit so when the weather is poor I can still keep going instead of slowing down and it is working as well as being so much fun.

Down on the plots yesterday I managed to move no end of barrow loads of horse muck with Bob and one of my lovely lady plot holders, tied with a couple of cuppas and plenty of giggles a very enjoyable afternoon indeed.:wink:

The weather here is not great so some potting on is in order me thinks for today, enjoy your day guys.Hel.xxx

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, kandy guess i am a geordie lass with scottish blood in me, years and years ago a lot of people from durham were descended from scotland, i guess when your younger and your family is all alive you dont think of doing a family tree.my great grandfather was sharp and my grandmas sister married into Mc Ardle family.
    having a day out today with family and friends going to our local
    have a great day all

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :) Good Morning everyone, hope you are all having a smashing Saturday.. Off to see my friend in the Farmers market later & pick up my eggs & anything else that takes my fancy..:wink:

:wink: My cousin has traced our Family tree back quite a way... My ancestors originally came over from Flanders as weavers 600 years ago..!! They then married into the Murray Clan in Atholl Scotland... To this day our family still shares the Murray of Atholl Tartan with them...:D Also Alexander Fleming was a relative as well..... :) So a colourful history in our family as well as a couple of tragedies too...:(

:thmb: I hope everyone is well & reaedy for the weekend..!! Have a great one everyone..!:yho:

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good Morning all my friends Its a lovely morning for our walk,Everyone have a lovely Sunday and please stay safe:thumb::)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Due to yesterday being a lovely day I have dragged Bob up early this morning so it's a good kind of spousal abuse here and we're off to the car boot for some bargains.

We brought some water pipe last week for a bargain price of £6 (bartered down from a £10) no wonder Bob doesn't mind too much taking me to the sales I'm a terrible flirt but them again it's put to good use bringing them prices down....wish me luck guys in getting a bargain, oh and have a smashing Sunday guys no matter what you are up to!:wink: Hel.xxx.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,nice to see lots more people posting:)

Busy day yesterday with grocery shopping,answering emails, and enjoying the weather enough to go over to the allotment for a few hours with Mr K, although I couldn't do a lot I kept Mr K company and we both enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air:) Came home had a bite to eat and was just settling down for the evening when I had a phone call from one of my sisters so we ended up having a really good long chat and catching up with their weather and the fact that the Bluebells down in Devon are already in full bloom:DBy the time I got off the phone it was bed time and after a good nights sleep here I am ready to start another good day:)

Hope you all have a good one in all that you do and hope that it is as good as mine will be:)

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon, woo, helen,marley, kandy and everyone.
    its a lovely warm day today sun shining been on my balcony, was late up today went out yesterday and feel a little worse for wear haha too much drink.
    have a great rest of the day