Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Morning rosa Hel Kandy 02 & everyone..! Beautiful here again... I had to have a little word with the weeds here yesterday, they will insist on coming up...!!:hehe:

Hel sorry to hear Bob is not so well with his medication.. Give him my best wishes & hope it settles down soon..

O2 have got my fingers crossed for your hubby, a very worrying time for you both till you have seen the Doc, all the best wishes in the world that it is a good result..

:thmb: Take care everyone & have a good day...!

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon takemore, marley and kandy and everyone.
    just been out this morning and bought a lighted large budha and some glass candle holders will take pics for my balcony thread.
    kandy not enough room on balcony for my bed haha mind the weather is lovely nice and warm out there i drove to the lighthouse and got some pics seen 2 fire engines so i dont know what was going on didnt see no fire there, will put pics up soon what i took.
    have a great afternoon everyone

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning Kandy,Rosa, Marley,Helen ,02,and all my other friends hope you are all OK and well,02 hope everything went well with Mr 02,s test yesterday :) Helen please give my regards to Bob and wish him well :) You all have a great day and please stay safe:)

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,up early this morning as the birds were singing so nicely decided to get up and join them in this beautiful day:)

02,hope the test went ok for Mr 02 and you get some good results.We aew all behind you giving you support at this difficult time:)

Well we went back over to the allotment again last night when it had got a bit cooler and Mr K got some more rows of seeds sown so thta is another job out of the way:D

I volunteered to water a couples tomatos on their plot while they go off for a three week holiday from today up in the Hebredies and then realised after I had walked off that I will be struggling to hold the watering can:dh:,oh well looks like i shall have to grin and bare it.I just hope that we get some rain within the next three weeks:D

Oh,and by the way,found a very hungry Racing Pigeon on our drive last night when Mr K got home from work so I managed ot catch it and it is now in the cat box in the shed feeding up on my wild bird seed.As it is a racing pigeon I shall have to get the ring numbers and contact the Racing Pigeon Association so they can contact the owner to let him know it is safe.Must get a photo or two as well:D

Anyway,the day is calling so must dash as I have the pets to feed and then myself.Hope you all have a great day and please don't get burnt out there:)

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, kandy and everyone, by yous two up with the larks this morning, its normally me up early, away out today with my friend shopping, shopping , shopping haha, going about 9.30 will be out all day garden centers a market thats on.taking my camera.
    kandy good on you keeping the racing pidgeon look forward to seeing pics.
    have a great day all

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,the pigeon is from the North of England and I have just sent an email to the NEHU{North East Homing Union}letting them know that I have found the bird and have left my phone number and email adress so they will contact the owner.I can't keep the bird as we have the cats.

I have an address of Ennerdale Road,Walker Dene Newcastle Upon Tyne as the adress of the Union so sounds like this pigeon is a Geordie bird Man:D I have taken some photos of the ring for the code letters and of the pigeon but the silly thing wouldn't keep still.It was very hungry last night.I will put up the photos when Mr K has sorted out the disc space on this laptop:)

Hope you have a good day out with your friend and spend plenty:D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, wow thats unbelievable a geordie pidgeon, hes not far from me 15 mins drive hehe cant believe that.
    looking forward to going out for the day

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thmb: Good morning Kandy & rosa & everyone,
    rosa I hope your friends husband is not too poorly, have a great time at the GCs today though..:thmb:
    Kandy, we have 1 person in the village here that races pidgeond, but we do have quite a few who keep Tipplers & Tumblers & they arte beautiful to watch although you need a mirror or you get a stiff neck..!:D
    Hope Bob is feeling a little better Hel

:thmb:Have a good day my friends whatever you are up too.!:)

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley, went to see my friend yesterday her hubbys not too well in hospital hes sleeping all the time and she said they are running tests at the moment shes worried sick about him.
    taking my camera with me today leaving around 9.30 to pick my friend up looking forward to day out, going to a few garden centres and a market see iff we can pick up any bargains
    have a nice day

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, and going to be coool, but they say that its going to be a gorgeous weekend!!
    I've been out weeding and trying to be outside as much as i can, seems like winter doesnt want to leave!!

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    12.30am-Good morning everyone I thought I had overslept but its just that I have woken early :dh: Guess It will be one of those days when I shall get up twice in the same day :hehe: I will take advantage of this minor hiccup and go and feed the Foxes In the back Garden,anyway enough of this early morning chatter ,everyone have a great day and don,t forget Stay safe :)

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,I have managed myself to get rid of some old files so have freed up some disc space.:D

Rosa,finally got through to some one with the phone number the Racing Union gave me and the woman who answered says that the phone number keeps being given out by the owner of the pigeon but it is her phone number as she lives up your way but the actual owner lives in Berwick Upon Tweed and when her husband came home she was going to pass my details to her husband and he was going to try and contact the rightful owner of the bird.She reckoned that if I keep feeding the pigeon it won't want to leave me:oops::p so I will let it go today.I could feel it's breast bone when I held it so it seems quiet hungry.:(

Marley,my late brother used to keep tipplers and tumblers and it was great to see them to their acrobatics in the air.:D I don't know whether people still keep them now:)

Anyway here are a couple of picckys and hope you all have a great day:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    02 - just caught up with your news . I wish you and Mr 02 all the very best and hope the tests prove to be good news. Nothing like this is easy but I know you two will be strong.
    Sending you all my love,

Kath.

14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Kandy - your pigeon is a handsome fella. Hope you manage to track down the owner - failing that, could you re-home him with any local pigeon racers? or is this illegal to do with a ringed bird? I'm not sure????

Hi to all G.C. folks. I hope you are all doing ok and wish you happy gardening for this weekend xx

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, little late in getting up this morning, had a great day out yesterday mind i carried a massive bag of compost up the stairs and my back went mad last night so had to keep off pc last night.

takemore just seen this post sure hope mr o2 tests are fine keep my fingers crossed everything is ok.

kandy great pics of the racing pidgeon apparently the pidgeons from our area are taken over to france and released from there so thats probably why he ended up at yours, these birds fly for miles, maybe when you let him go he may find his way back home and maybe iff hes not so special or an expensive pidgeon the owners may not be bothered about his return, when you let him go i guess we will never find out, by iff owners from berwick its close to my friend that lives there.

have a great weekend all