Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone again,just a flying visit to let you know I let the pigeon go this morning at 10am and only caught the back end of it on photo as it flew off:oops::D I have just got off the phone from the owner and we had a nice long chat all about pigeons.:D The pigeon was one of thirty of his that was let go from Melton Mowbray{Pork Pie fame} but had some how lost it's way as I am a bit further South than that so it must have got blown off course or else it's internal compass was out of kilter:p

Anyway,the owner is going to give me a ring iff and when it arrives back to it's loft so I am glad that I have done my good deed for the week:D

Hi Kath,the pigeon is a hen bird so it is probably like me got no sense of direction:lollol:I am not sure about the keeping of the stray ones because when we are on our holidays near the coast we often see a few of them that have hit the mainland but have been to tried to go any further and I think the Peregrines pick them off as food for their youngsters.I heard some years back that some owners kill the birds if they go astray because if they go awol one time they will do it again but I am not sure how true that is.:)

Hope your day is good for you:luv:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy,will be interesting to find out iff it gets back home, well done anyway for looking after it lets hope it goes home, will look forward to hearing from you when you get that call

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends Its a Saturday everyone have a Lovely weekend and please stay safe:)

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone,it nice and sunny out there not bad outside, have a great day all

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning you green fingered gang!:D

Things are picking up after a few off days Bob's got his nausea under control for now at least and many thanks for your wishes guys.

02 I do hope that your hospital trip went well for your beloved sweetie. :luv:

Kandy sorry to hear you are still suffering with your wrist it always seems a little harder to mend as you get older or at least that's what the doctor keeps telling me!:D
    I hope it gets right soon enough I mean Mr.K. will need your help to keep the weeds at bay down on the plots!

Regarding racing pidgeons the old gentleman who lived in our house before us was a racing fanatic we just couldn't believe the prices he paid for shipping his pigeons for a race home, we found receipts in the attic for hundreds of pounds that was dated years ago and were for only one trip....but then again the couple didn't have any kids so no one could complain that he was spending their inheritance!:D

We have been promised rain tonight and rain again tomorrow so will have to make the most of today. Have a nice weekend guys.Hel.xxx.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone and welcome to Saturday:)

Didn't wake up until seven this morning,quiet unusual for me to sleep in so must have needed the rest:D:snz::ywn:

Well me and Mr K was going to go over to my fil's today picking up the rotavator on the way so that Mr K could get his ground prepared for his beans and spuds but it looked like rain so we went into town to do an errand as it looked like rain and then it started as we came out of the shops so that has hit that idea on the head:D

Rosa,sounds like you are having a better day with the weather than we are here.Hope you have a decent day all round:luv:

Rosa,Hel have heard nothing from the old guy up in Berwick about the pigeon so wonder if it did make it home in the end.It had an 08 ring on it's leg so I wonder if it was an inexperenced bird in long distanced flying.I do hope that nothing happens to it though:(

Hel,I have never gone into details in how much the transport costs to fly pigeons all over the place though as I said yesterday we sometimes pass the lorries on the motorway stacked out with the crates:D

Hel,don't mention the N word.That is how I felt after I had taken those strong anti-inflamortories for my hand,then the Dr had to give me some anti nausea pills to get rid of that feeling.She told me my stomache was inflamed thorugh the tablets so perhaps that is why Bob feels rough,so know how he feels.Give him my regards and look after yourselves:luv: By the way,no proper gardening for me for months now until this Tendonitis heals.I have started losing interest in it all now and am pretty annoyed with it all I can tell you.Still I have my health so really can't complain.At least I am not lying in Hospital with some nasty diesease...

Blog over for today so hope you all have a good one in all that you do:)

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and kandy, wonder were the pidgeon has got to they might not bother to call you iff it does turn up.
    nice and sunny here but a little on the cool side have a great day

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends Hope that you are all OK,Its Sunday Morning and the Fox cubs are making a lot of noise as usual, Gypsy and Penny are waiting to go out for their walk ,Its a lovely morning here for our Constitutional so I had better go,You all have a great Sunday and Please stay safe :)

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Woo and all.

Woo hope you and your lovely girls enjoyed your early morning walk, it must be nice for you with the daylight breaking or is it still very much dark?

Kandy I'm sure you will be fighting fit when it comes to harvest time because lets face it that's the fun part of growing your own isn't it?
    We have all our spuds in already Kandy although I still haven't put in our red onions yet (very naughty of me) I really must do that this week. Everything is growing oh so fast but then again so are the weeds!:(

It's Sunday again and it appears to be a 'nice' morning so I'm dragging Bob off to the carboot once again. I think Bob hates these early mornings but it's pay back from when I used to see him off to work when he was on 'days' .
    Believe it or not I always got up with him and made his 'snap', made sure he had a cuppa before he went to work...... okay I went straight back to bed but he didn't know that!:hehe:

Have a nice day guys and fingers crossed it doesn't rain.Hel.xxx.

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,back from our walk breakfast then a ride a late one this morning I hope the sunday riders don't get in the way:hehe:
    Kandy the pigeon was probably in its first race of the season being a last years bird it still may find its way home just not had enough pre race training hence the exhaustion,the cost of bringing one of your birds back is quite high and some fanciers don't think it worth their while especially if the bird did not perform well last season,if it doesn't make it home it will probably pick up with another flock in some other fanciers loft.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning, woo, helen, walnut and everyone, very sunny out there this morning looks like its going to be a lovely sunday.
    woo enjoy your walk with your dear babies.
    helen hope you have a great time at the car boot sale hope you get some great bargains never been to a car boot sale for a long time.
    walnut hope you enjoyed your walk guess you will get some great pics.
    have a lovely day everyone im away to make coffee and sit on my balcony for a while as ive just woke up

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Hel,Walnut and everyone:)

Woo,lucky you with the fox cubs.Hvae you managed to get any photos yet?Your other ones that you have put up before have always been a joy to see:thmb:

Rosa,the chap said he would definetly ring me when it got back home and up to yet there has been no call so I can only assume it has not got enough energy to get it back home:euw:

Walnut,I was wondering how old and how much training the chaps have to give the bird before they can get back home.Did you peep at the photos of it that i put up on the previous page?I couldn't keep it stuck in the cat carrier in the shed for long and our cats kept sitting on top of the box whenever I left the shed door open.It was eager to go but headed West and Mr K said it should have gone North to get to Berwick.Perhaps I should have pointed the box in that direction then it might have gone that way.:D

Hel,Mr Kandy got the last of our spuds in the other week and our onions and shallots are coming on well.He has also managed to sow some carrots, radish and peas and will do more sowing next time he gets over there.They keep forecasting rain but apart from the little bit we had yesterday the sun has carried on shining though there was a cool wind yesterday:p

Hope you enjoy the car boot and that you get some good bargains:thumb:

Have a good Sunday folks and enjoy the weather whatever you do:)

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, we must of posted the same time, lets hope the guy phones would love to know iff the pidgeon manages to get home.
    lovely out here this morning have a great day

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,didn't see you pop up there as I was typing and I am a bit slow at the moment.Did you get your photos sorted out in the end?

Enjoy your coffee and don't forget to have some breakfast to give you the energy to see you through until lunch time:D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi again kandy, ive joined another photo place called tiny pic, as im still having problems with pb its something to do with the long coding apparently, im still using pb mind will use the 2 places for my pics.