Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    heres my teapot and saucer done with lovely plants ive put e-mail of shop in retailer feedback

[​IMG]

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning everyone Hope you are all OK,Rosa What a Delightful T/C and Saucer,I used to ride In a teacup and saucer like that at the Fair(many Owl years ago):hehe: You all have a good day and stay safe:)

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,Rosa love the large tea cup and saucer,they are like the ones I have seen at the GC though I think those one had polka dots on them:D You will have to make sure you don't over water the plants unless they have drainage holes in the bottom of the cup:hehe:

Woo,I remember those large cups and saucer rides at the funfare,though I always preffered the Waltzres and the dogems:p:D

Well it has finally stopped raining and the sun is shining out there today but I expect we shall have a wet one.:(

Lets all hope we don't have a problem with this flu virus and have everyone panicking.Hopefully they will keep it up in Scotland:flag::D

Have a good day everyone:)

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, well it rained yesterday and still looks dull and very damp.
    thanks woo, they do have cups rides at the fairs, they are a good idea mind not as big as the rideable ones at fairs haha.
    have a great day

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, we posted at the same time again hehe, they do have polka dot ones but the one she had in was pink it was lovely but much bigger than this one i bought too big for my coffee table, they have a plug in bottom of cup you pull out for drainage which is good.
    have a lovely day

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Rosa and all.

I must say many thanks to Cookie for sending us up some much needed rain from Devon but could it just be for another couple of days as I still need to get my red onions in thanx sweetie:hehe:

Rosa I think Scotkat brought one of those large cup and saucers last year. I must admit I do like them they're very funky indeed but I don't have any houseplants as when we go away it's hard enough for Dan to feed the dogs never mind plants as well....last year we had the greenhouse full of plants, we went away for 4 days and yes you have guess it when we got back the plants were all dead! :doh::oops:

Not a big fan of the twister rides at funfairs they seem a little on the slow side for me but boy do the guys have trouble getting me off the rollercoasters!:thmb:

Kandy it is a worry about this swine flu virus thingy more so because Bob's immune system isn't great and also as he seems to get any flu virus's that are going about the place, fingers crossed it will be like the bird flu scare and not amount up to much.

The difference in the temperature yesterday really took the stuffing out of me so I was hobbling around (when I could walk) all day long so much so I couldn't work-out but I'm taking my pills now and kicking some butt today...or at least I hope I can!:old:

Raining still but thankfully I have to play catch up so will be busy for sometime, have a nice day guys no matter what the weather is like.Hel.xxx.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, ive just bought that and have three other plant indoors so when i go away my friend comes over and waters my plants and all my balcony ones, i cant have a lot of plants indoors as they dont do that well in my place.
    have a great day

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Morning everyone, glad to see everyone is busy.. It has dawned a beautiful morning here.. :yho: Needed the rain I agree Hel, but a little sun in the morning sets you up for the day..!!:) I only have a few houseplants too. They always seem happier outside or in the greenhouse as I have small windows here...:wink:

Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing.!:thmb:

9. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, but not really cold.
    I got alot of yard work done yesturday, so today is laundry, already have the floors mopped and vaccumed, so its bedding today.
    Today is also my daughter Kaits 19th b-day (holy cow), but we are doing the family dinner on Thursday instead.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends ,Its another great day In the life of a Gardener:) I hope I find you in happy spirits and well.everyone have a lovely day and all please stay safe:)

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,bit chilly this morning only 39.4f according to my weather station brrrrr.:D

Went back to the Dr's yesterday afternoon about my Tendinitis problem as it isn't getting any better and she has now said she is going to try a Steroid Injection on it so have to go back next week to have the first one done:euw::D

This flu bug thing must be bad if they are going to drop leaflets to the whole country so we shall see how it goes,but sometimes I think they are either trying to frighten everyone or thye know more than what they are letting on:D

Rosa,sorry I missed your last post because I had logged off so didn't realise that you were even logged on:oops::o

Hel,I hate heights so don't like rollercoasters.I went on one of those ferris wheels with a friend when I was about twelve and when it was stopped at the top she started trying to get the seat to swing backwards and forwards and I was terrified.In the end I was so upset that they had to let me off and I have never been near one since and this is probably where my fear of heights has come from:(

Marley,I am like you,don't have too many indoor plants apart from a couple of flowering Streptocarpus and Orchids that are in flower at the moment.I like to see the garden full of flower instead:D

Anyway,it is dry out there at the moment and we had a thunderstorm and some heavy rain last night,yet the sun is shining today so hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Hope it was a dry morning walk for you and your girls Woo. I love walking in the rain but can't say I'm too fussed about 'wet dog smell' our two old ladies smell to the high heavens after a wet walk although they don't like it as much as they use to....thank goodness for that!:wink:

Kandy sorry to hear about your big wheel experience it wasn't nice of your 'friend' to play that kind of trick on you things like that can scar you for life which sadly it seems to have done in your case. On the other hand I am not scared of heights but for some strange reason as I have grown older (sadly not wiser) my legs go to jelly when I look down from big heights odd isn't it?:hehe:

Do hope you get sorted with the injections Kandy, you're not afraid of needles are you?

Penny happy belated birthday to your daughter Kait do hope you all enjoy your family dinner party on Thursday. Our youngest son turns 21 this year doesn't the years go by with a flash? I remember playing wrestling with our two boys so often maybe that's why I have a bad back now lol...it was fun though.:D

Well between all the rain yesterday I manage to pot more plants on in the greenhouse which is now bursting and three cold frames are too but this growing from seed lack is so much fun.
    Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning penny, woo, kandy, helen,marley and everyone.
    its sunny out there just been on my balcony and it seems quite warm out there better than yesterday it rained nearly all day.
    penny enjoy your daughters birthday dinner on thursday have a lovely time.
    kandy good luck with the injection lets hope it calms them pains down in your hands.
    helen sounds like you been very busy in your greenhouse its nice seeing things grow from seed great satasfaction, i planted a load of nasturcian seeds and they are all popping up and growing great in my hanging baskets and pots on the balcony.
    have a great day everyone

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

I haven't had time to catch up on anything but I hope you all have a great day :D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning shiney, hope your keeping well, hows your garden doing,have you been away anywere nice, have a nice day