Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. scillygirl

scillygirl Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning everyone,
    It's damp and foggy here today, rain and wind forecast, so not much gardening for me, apart from looking after all Mr S's veg plants and seedlings. He and our small son are away for two nights - little one and I have never been parted that long before and it's really strange here on my own! My mission is to paint his bedroom, plus as much of the rest of the house as I can before tomorrow eve when I pick them up. So just as well the weather's bad or I would spend all the time gardening!
    Helen, I can identify with the pallets thing - with my OH it's fish-boxes. We grow our salad leaves in them ans they are useful for so many things. Whenever we spot one washed up on the beach he gets that gleam in his eye. The other night we saw one on the way home from a meeting and I had to scramble down over the rocks and weed to collect it as only my wellies were in the car!
    Kandy, I lived on Scilly until 2000, then moved here to Dingle in Ireland. It is a special place, and although so tiny, wherever you go you will meet someone with a connection to the place.
    You can tell I'm an out-of-work mum this morning as I'm rabbitting on for so long. Must go and start that decorating. Have a great day everyone :):)

2. scillygirl

scillygirl Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    ps, Kandy I envy you going to Beth Chatto's... have a lovely day there and hope you show us some pics

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning all you early risers :gnthb:

I am waiting for a lift as I am off out again [may even buy some plants]
    Hope you all have a brill day.

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another sunny day here, around 72 degrees, so i've been working outside as much as i can, and getting all my new perennials planted, plus i have been helping my MIL with their beds too.

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I trust that you are all OK,everyone have a lovely day and please stay safe.:) Kandy Hope that you enjoyed your day out and looking forward to the Photos :),Helen Its just me being a Little rascal :hehe: Rosa hope Rosa enjoyed her couple of hours being pampered,:) Scillygirl theres no such thing as an out of work mum only an over worked One:) Flyingfree hope you got your plants :) Penny enjoy your your day:)

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,Thanks everyone for Mr Kandy's Birthday wishes yesterday:thmb:

Well we had a really nice day yesterday at Beth Chatto's place,spending a good four hours down there which included having a walk round the nursery as well as the gardens plus a quick bite to eat at lunch time in her restaurant which was very pleasant as it over looks part of the garden:D Afterwards we had a good drive along the coast visitng Jaywick where Mr K spent his holiday there when he was three:D and then after drivng some more ended up at Walton on the Naze which seemed a very quiet place as there wasn't that many people around:(:D I am glad that we decided to go out for the day as Mr Kandyt says it was much better than going to work:hehe:

I am off to the Dr's this morning for the first of my Steroid Injections so will have to see how that goes.:p

Hope you all have a great day,I will try and catch up with you all when I can:)

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo, sorry you must have popped up there as I was typing.Hope you have good weather down your end of the world and not getting battered by the wind like we are up here:D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy and everyone.
    woo when i picked rosa up she looked lovely then we had a little walk back home.
    kandy pleased you and mr k had a great day out sounded like a great time and exploring different places, good luck at the doctors.
    have a great day all

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    rosa after her morning at the parlour

[​IMG]

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Aww she looks cute!

Morning earlybirds-hope the weather is kind to everyone.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning flyingfree, have a great day whatever your up to, im going shopping a little later to morrisons to have a look at their new garden bits they have in, saw an outside clock thought it woyuld be nice on my balcony as i have a covered area, saves me keep running in to check the time when im sitting out there hehe, have a nice day

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Rosa, Flyingfree and all.

Scillygirl I don't know how you cope being without your little one for a couple of nights I worry about our little one when he goes to one of his events even though we stay near him and he's 21 this year! I guess what I'm saying no matter how old our children are we still worry and miss them when they are not around.

Lol about the fish boxes we don't get them here otherwise my beloved Bob would hunt them down to I love to recycle and he loves to save his money the two go well together.

Flyingfree come on spill the beans did you manage to grab some plants while you were out yesterday?:hehe:

Penny so glad it's getting a wee bit warmer for you after all that snow you deserve to be able to 'play' oustide for a while.:wink:

Woo you keep being a little rascal sweetie it doesn't half make me smile!:D

Kandy really pleased to hear you and your beloved Mr.K enjoyed his birthday treat
    , hope your injections help you no end I think you have suffered enough sweetie.:luv:

Pretty little poser Rosa sitting among the teddy bears what a perfect kodak moment you captured her beauty so well.

Going to the movies later but chores to do first before play-time, I do so loath food shopping I do hope it's not busy.

Have a nice day guys and may the sun shine down on you all.Hel.xxx.

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

A bit dull and windy today but I still have to get out there and work. We have Mrs shiney's brother arriving from abroad and staying with us for the weekend and other relations coming for the weekend. That will cut out a lot of gardening time.

I'm off to mow some lawns now :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

14. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Helofadigger, no I didn't as I bumped into an old friend, went for coffee and talked the afternoon away!

There's still time though...
    I haven't put the last lot in yet......too busy lol.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    helen thanks like that the perfect kodak moment and she was taken with my kodak camera hehe, shes looking after the teddys good guard dog