Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its raining here today, but we need it.

Have some house work to do today, since i was outside most of the day yesturday, have the vaccuming and mopping done, now the dusting.

Have a great day everyone.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

I do hope you manage to get most of your gardening done before you are over run with guests at the weekend Shiney. Are you on cooking duty too? :wink: Anyway I do hope you have a fun filled weekend.

Flyingfree I hear you girl there's always time for a good old natter and catching up on the lastest gossip. Bob took me to the local nursery the other day but I needed compost so badly that didn't get the chance to look around it was a case of wham bam thank you ma'am!:hehe:

Rosa you have taught your little princess to pose so very well I would frame that picture it is wonderful!

Penny I feel for you a woman's work is never done there's always floors to be mopped, dusting to be done, beds to be made (lol I have two grown-up boys who haven't got the hand of that yet) you get the picture.:D

Smashing day today and once again the lawns need cutting badly so thats one job that got to be done at least today while it's so nice out.

Have a lovely day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning Helen and everyone,

Helen,
    Yes, I am on cooking duty as well but we are all going out to a very nice Chinese restaurant on Saturday night. :thmb: . I don't try to cut my lawns badly :hehe: :rotfl:

Apart from carrying on with tidying up I want to print up some notices about the open day and deliver them to all the neighbours - emphasising plants for sale.

We have not organised our timing brilliantly as we are having our lounge completely redone starting the day after the open day :(. We are having it decorated, fitted cupboards and bookshelves removed (55 years old), carpet change (35 years old), three piece suite changed (43 years old). We have to have everything cleared from the room before the decorator comes (our nephew) and his first job is to rip out the cupboards and bookshelves. So we have to box up everything in the cupboards and 2,000 books s00k. We are also changing the doors to the other rooms so they will be delivered before the open day and have to be stored somewhere - we don't have a garage.

I'm getting tired thinking about it. :)

have a great day :D

4. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning Earlybirds! :ywn:

Rosa, I hope you get your clock, show us a pic if you do. We may do Morrisons later :hehe:

Hel, my "boys" are 30 and 23 and still here although one is almost living with girlfriend!
    Enjoy your company Shiney and Penny don't work too hard :luv:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, very windy here this morning sun out so thats a plus.
    flying free heres pic of my clock and thermometer i bought at morrisons yesterday it was only £4 and its not plastic hehe, havnt put it up yet on my balcony because of the wind.ive bought other bits putting them in rosas balcony thread in container gardening
    helen i may get a pic of that one of rosa see what its like.
    have a great day all

[​IMG]

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its warm here this morning but its been raining and supposed to all day.
    We do need it so thats ok.
    If it does stop for awhile, i plan on going out and hoeing the gardens

Quote,
    Penny I feel for you a woman's work is never done there's always floors to be mopped, dusting to be done, beds to be made (lol I have two grown-up boys who haven't got the hand of that yet) you get the picture.:D

Isnt that the truth :hehe::hehe:

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all OK,Its a Saturday again the weekend Is here ,everyone enjoy your weekend and please stay safe:)

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, the sun is just popping out this lovely saturday morning and just been out on my balcony to check everything as the wind was teribble all day yesterday and last night, its calmed down now cant see any damage, going off to the shops this morning to buy a piece of wood to fill a gap above the gate on my balcony as i put a screen and it blew teribble with the wind, its the wood seperation between my neighbour that i had made, but we had to make access for emergencys, so see what i can get.
    have a great weekend

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,we have the sun shining here as well Rosa and I thought the wind had stopped but it is still doing it but not as much:D

I've had my first injection and have to go back between four to six weeks time for the second one.I just wish it was my left hand and not my right one as I do everthing with my dominant hand:p

By the looks of things everyone is going to be busy in one way or another.We have to go food shopping this morning and then are hoping to get over to the allotment this afternoon so I can watch Mr Kandy put up all the bean canes ready for the Runner and French Beans I have chitting.We have some Cabbage, Broccoli ,Courgette and Squash plants waiting to go out as well and two trays of Sweetcorn are waitng to be pricked out.I will have to see if I can manage that job.:D

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend in all that you do:thumb:

PS,Mr Kandy said to say Thank You for all the Birthday wishes from you all on here and by email and he was chuffed to bits with getting nine Birthday cards.Not bad for an:old:y me thinks:D:luv:

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I hope the injections work well for you :thmb:. Please give Mr Kandy belated birthday wishes from Mrs shiney and myself :).

Mrs shiney's brother flew in (not related to you, woo :hehe:) and is staying with us. more family arriving today. We're going to pop out to a garden centre soon to buy some clay feet for our big pots. I hope they aren't too expensive as we need a lot.

We are gradually working our way through the books on our bookshelves and have turfed out a load of old ones and ones we don't want anymore. I took about 400 to the charity shop yesterday. Lots more to go.

rosa, it's not good when you have problems with wind :hehe:

Have a great weekend :D

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and shiney, ive just come back bought a screen for my balcony nailed it in woooo its worked no wind pulling it apart, its still a little windy but not as bad as yesterday it was gale force winds out there, calmed down a bit, now i can sit out there and enjoy my coffee hehe

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

It looks like it may be a nice day here, no rain and the sun is out!!

Have some bedding in the wash, had my shower and just having my coffee, and then I'll start my day.

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

It's Sunday and no there's no bad wind from Bob or the powers that be by the way that's not me!:o:D and it's dry...so it's car boot time for us.

Rosa I do like that new clock of yours and a bargain it was too a good find, my m-i-l is bound to get one of them as she absolutely loves the gardening ornaments at Morrisons and yes she has the ducks etc. that they are selling at the moment.:hehe:

Shiney how you managed to get rid of all yours books I really don't know well done to you for letting go of what must be like old friends.

Kandy I do hope sweetie that those injections get you some pain relief you so badly need.

Flyingfree our boys are 20 and 25 both living a free, easy life at home still but I really don't mind I love being a mum although goodness knows how I would have managed if we had had a girl! :roll:

Well have to go and see if I can pick Bob a couple of tools up today we are after an old rake and a decent hoe (Americans please note that is not a lady of the night! :D) although getting the right kind is proving a problem.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,463
    Good morning everyone,

Helen, some of the books I got rid of were school prizes and books I was given when I was in primary school. We've still got lots more books to get through. Some are giving difficult decisions. Gardening books are a good example. I have a copy of 'Saturday In My Garden' published in 1912, a series of books 'Practical Gardening for Pleasure and Profit' published in the early 30's and a gardening book published just after the war called 'Practical Gardening and Vegetable Production'. The last one I have newspaper cuttings in that are from the 1960's. Do I keep them, dump them or try and sell them? :scratch:

It is lovely and sunny out there so I had better get out and do some gardening before our guests are around.

Have a great day :D

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa Hel,Shiney Woo, Penny Flyingfree and everyone:)

Hel,the worst part of that injection was when the Dr was tring to find the right place to put the needle in and was pressing all round my thumb.She soon knew where it was when she hit the spot and I went arrrrrgh:(:D Anyway,I have to go back in a few weeks for the last one so hopefully by the time the Summer gets here I will be nearly back to full health ready to tackle all those weeds:D Hope you get some good bargains at the car bootand it looks like you are going to have a good day for it:thmb:

Shiney,Mr Kandy says thanks for the belated Birthday greetings.When I get some more free disc space I will put up some photos of Beth Chatto's garden.Mrs Shiney might be interested in going some time although the website said that it was £2.50 each to get in to the gardens but it is actually £5 each so some one needs to update the website:D

Hope the family visit goes off ok and just get rid of the books unless you want to hoard them for another fifity years so that when you have gone someone else can have the pleasure in getting rid of them:D We have a loft full of stuff that needs getting rid of from where we used to live and I am determined to get rid of it all before we next move,but can only do it when it isn't either boiling hot or freezing cold up there.:D

Rosa,you shouldn't have any wind problems today as here it is a lovely day with plenty of sun and no wind at all:yho:

Hope you all have a great day.I am going to potter today while Mr K watches the racing this afternoon on the telly:D