Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, helen, kandy and everyone.
    helen pleased you enjoyed star trek ive not been to the pictures for years.
    kandy i understand as im taking a little time off pc to rest my back or otherwise it goes mad, hope your ears and headache are better.
    its lovely and sunny out here this morning seems nice
    have a great day all

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :ywn:

Kandy, try to take it easy, we can't have you going AWOL. :scratch:

Rosa, hope you didn't think you had an intruder on your list :lollol: I have to get used to me again and that's not easy at my age as I am getting forgetful now :D

Morning Woo, have a good day whatever you are doing.

Hel, yes it is a good name to have. I am not keen on Startrek but OH is. He will want to drag me to the film I bet.....

I am off to the GP this morning, only a check in then taking my friend to see her GP this afternoon as she is terrified to go alone. Housework inbetween.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning jazmine hope your enjoying your new name and welcome back to gc hehe,thought you had a sister that had joined and used your profile pic before you changed it haha, hope your friends ok im the same hate going to doctors and hospitals and dentists my pet hate

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

The little bit of drizzle last night hasn't helped the garden at all. One of our heucheras is very poorly from lack of water - even after I watered it yesteday. The strong winds last night have broken a big branch on a cherry prunus so it's ladder and saw job first thing today - after getting the sprinkler out and putting it on the bed with the heuchera.

It has turned quite cold today but I hope it won't affect the toms that we have got in pots on the patio. The runner beans shouldn't have any trouble with this weather - spirnkler will go on them next.

A funny insect landed on the patio last night and I shall put up a picture for identification (on 'what's Buzzing') when I get a chance. Usually it is Kandy or Walnut who come up with the answer first :thmb:

Kandy, I'm pleased to hear that you are feeling better :thumb:. I think it is a good idea to see whether you can change your name and get your avatar de-flossed :hehe:

I'm off for my regular physio this morning so I'll be bouncing around by this afternoon :yho:

Have a great day :D

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone, :)

Its going to be sunny and nice here :gnthb:, but calling for rain later tonight, so i am heading out to do some work in the gardens.
    Oh and did i mention.....No frost lastnight :thumb::thumb:, but i still dont want to take any chances......i nursed these little ones all winter :hehe::hehe::hehe:

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Good Morning everyone hope you are all well and OK,Have a lovely day my friends and all Please stay safe:)

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

It is a lot milder today but still no rain so today is going to be spent watering. I'll have to go and do some shopping as Mrs shiney is teaching all weekend and I shall have to prepare the food for everyone. A woman's work is never done. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Have a great day :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, shiney and everyone, lovely and sunny out here this morning quite suprised as weather forecast said rains coming in mind it could change later
    have a great day all and shiney enjoy the cooking

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :ywn:

Shiney, glad to hear you like helping out :hehe:

Have a great day all, I'm off to get my hair coloured and be pampered :gnthb:

My poor garden needs watering so will attempt to do that later.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning jazmine have a great day getting pampered

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Shiney, Rosa, Jazmine and all.

Hope the morning walk went well Woo and you didn't get your feet wet.

Kandy and Rosa I know how really rough it must be for you two and I applaud you for trying to go about your daily life as normally as you can, so well done to you girls.:luv:

Kandy yes I must take my camera over and take some pictures because the difference in both the old plot and the Paddocks now is really amazing I'm really chuffed with them both and it's hard to believe we have not had them a year yet!

Hope the GP visits and physio went well guys I mean Shiney has far too much work not to be able to move about at super sonic speed.:hehe:

Shiney good luck with your cooking although I'm sure you don't need it.

Jazmine I'm sure you would enjoy the Star Trek movie even if you're not a Trekkie it's a good film with none too fast action and a good story line. Zachary Quinto (who plays Sylar the baddie in Heroes) plays a wonderful young Spock although goodness knows what they did to his eye-brows because he has naturally HUGE eye-brows!

Pretty damp here but as we have had no proper rain for quite some while all it is very much welcome.

Have a nice day guys no matter what you get up to enjoy! Hel.xxx.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,sorry to be so late getting on here this morning but had connection problems for some unknown reason and gave up after 1 1/2 hours and switched the whole lot off.:( Have been and done some errands,came back switched it all on and it is fine as if there was nothing wrong with it.I dispair with it all at times:cnfs::scratch::mad::help::flag:

Woo,hope you enjoy your flight today and perhaps you can send me some sun,although I think I over did it the other day:p

Shiney,hope the Physio and cooking went/goes off ok.I am usually chief cook and bottle washer though Mr Kandy is doing more cooking for himself since his Cholesterol went up.Anybody would think I was trying to make him have a heart attack:hehe: I did suggest though the other week that it would be nice to have the Sunday cooked for me for once but it seemed to fall on deaf ears:help::D
    Glad that we got the bug ID sorted.I knew what it was as soon as I saw it but Googled to make sure and sure enough it was what I thought it was:thmb:

Rosa,glad to hear you are getting some good weather up your way.It is miserable here this morning,very cold and the garden wants watering again as more plants are whilting:(

Helen,I keep clicking away taking photos of everything on the lottie but I am slow just getting them on here..It is amazing how in that short space of time you can get so much packed into the allotment and I enjoy seeing everyhting green and healthy,though we have baby bunnies hopping round the plots at the moment so are having to net everything:(

Jazmine,you have probably got your hair coloured by now and the pampering done.I went for a pedicure last year with the beauty therapist in our village.A friend brought me a gift voucher for my Birthday and it was sheer heaven and I felt like I was walking on air afterwards.:thmb:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:luv::)

13. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

No frost again, it rained all night and i'll take that instead.
    Have some errands and grocery shopping to do today, and then i may have to run to Toronto to pick up some parts for my Brad, so thats pretty much my day.

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Kandy and all the sleepy heads.I expect you are all haveing a lie in or are busy reading aboiut the latest MP scandle in the Telegraph.I would sack and then prosecute the whole lot of the greedy sods:D

Anyway,I have just put up a load of photo's in Garden visit thread of Beth Chatto's Garden so if anyone wants to have a quick look please help yourselves:)

Looks ike we have had some rain in the night and everywhere is wet and misty this morning.The gardens and allotment desperatly need it though as I was worried I was going to lose half my plants down the cracks in the borders.:(:D

Hope you all have a great day.I am just going to close down to rest this hand of mine.Take Care and remember,... the weekend starts tomorrow:yho::luv:

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone, kandy just got up looks pretty dull out there weather forecast was right looks like rain heading our way.
    will go look at your pics have a restful day with that hand.
    have a great day all