Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Rosa and all.

Kandy our household is the same as yours sweetie a very traditional one,man goes and gets the meat and woman cooks it :hehe: and I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe that's way the lads are very happy where they are still being pampered by their mum!

Will check out your pictures kandy of Beth Chatto's Garden.:thumb:

Penny hope you were successful on your road trip to Toronto nothing worst going and finding out the parts you want are not in stock.:(

Managed to to go other to the plots yesterday before a huge downpour sent us home but got what we wanted done and of course had a cuppa complete a good old natter in one of our buddies polytunnel so didn't get too wet! Another bath is now in just needs pipe drilling into barrel for the overflow pipe to drop into the bath.

Kandy I do intend to take my camera over to the plots but sometimes it's a rush to get out of the house. I swear those Jap. onions are swelling up each day the other guys keep telling Bob that he wants to pick some of the smaller ones now but I refuse I want a nice sized one to be my first pick after all I have waited so long it might as well be a good'un!:hehe:

Well it's raining it's pouring and boy is it nice to see hope it last a few days because the plots so need it and our gardens too.

Rosa I think you're safe from the rain or at least your balcony will be, bet you have to water it quite often. Do you use those water retaining crystals? I use them in all my potting on even with my seedlings and they seem to work really well.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, i used to use them watering crystals must get some but mind i feed them once a week and they all seem to be growing ok my first clematis flower is jusy opening dont know what it is looks very green with a dark red bit in the middle will see what its like when it opens, my friends coming down this morning shes bringing me some climbers and a couple of plants so i put up a hanging pot just outside my door on the balcony will take pics of the new area, i put trellis up for my climbers near my arch.
    have a great day

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :ywn:

Rosa look forward to seeing the new pics. You are a credit to people to show what you can do if you have a mind to have a garden :gnthb:
    Hel, a natter and cuppa in the polytunnel sounds good fun
    Kandy take care of that hand! We have had some rain here too, the poor garden was so dry we needed it. I enjoyed the pampering and have a lovely body scrub booked up in a beauty salon :gnthb:
    Enjoy your day Penny and anyone else here.

Off to MILs to get the house ready for their return then off to my class.

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I have looked at your Beth Chatto photos and they are lovely :gnthb:

Mrs shiney has gone on a coach trip to a garden at Wickham Bishop. I hope she doesn't get too wet.

It still isn't raining here but it certainly looks as though it will start soon. I'm pleased that I decided to start cutting the hedges yesterday as I don't think the weather would hold today. Managed to get about 140ft of privet done :thmb:.

I've got three meetings and a load of paperwork to get through today so it is good that it is not dry and sunny :hehe:. I'll have to get Mrs shiney's supper ready for her when she gets home this evening as she shall be going out again. I've been asked to run another bridge club tonight as all the committee members of that club that can run it are away on holiday. I had better take my whip with me :hehe:

Have a great day :D

5. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its a sunny morning here so far, and no frost overnight, so I'm going to cut the grass this morning.
    I bought some flowers lastnight, with plans to plant them this weekend, and they say that we are getting snow possibly on Sunday......cant freaking believe it, and its a long weekend here too, Mondays a holiday and we may have snow by then.........figures huh

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Wet here this morning so my waterbutt must be full again by now and the cracks in my borders should start to close up soon:D I keep meaning to find out about those rectangular waterbutts that fit onto the house wall but when I get onto Google my mind does one of it's blank tricks and I then can't remember what I was Googling for:dh::old::D I expect they will be quiet expensive though:(

Helen,I often wish we had a polytunnel but then it woiuldn't get watered while we were away on our hols so have resisted buying one.Another reason for not keeping chucks.Our friends the other year offered to water our Runner Beans while we were on the Isle of Wight and while were in a heat wave we were happy that the plants were getting watered...Wrong.Our friends cleared off for a weeks holiday and the plants were left to fend for themselves.Luckily they were ok but since then we have let the plants do their own thing.I wouldn't have minded but they offered to water them for us.:mad:

Shiney never heard of Wickham Bishop.The only Wickham I know about is in the book Pride and Prejudice:hehe: Hope she had a lovely time though.

Well Mr Kandy is having to work all weekend so looks like I shall have to find plenty to do while he is away. Pity it is raining or else I could have pottered round the garden:D

Hope evryone has a good day and Take Care.:luv:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone, weather is very foggy here this morning been like this since last night.
    have a lovely day

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

What looked like rain yesterday turned out to be 30 minutes of drizzle so I managed to get some gardening done in between all the other things :thmb:

Mrs shiney had a good time yesteday and came back with a load of plants. They included a few different varieties of aqualegia because we don't have enough aqualegia :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :rotfl:

I mentioned the other day that we are going to completely revamp our lounge. I have nearly finished boxing up all our books and have just filled the 40th box s00k. Mrs shiney has now decided that she wants the fireplace and hearth changed so I shall have to find a business that does that :scratch: so if you see me with 'an arm and a leg' missing you know what happened :hehe:

Got to go and get ready for the students turning up soon.

Have a great day :D

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning all :ywn:
    OH just brought me toast and coffee :luv:

Sounds like everyone is having a busy time. Shiney, Mrs Shiney may change her mind a few times yet :lollol:

Today is dull, it has rained in the night which is good news as the plants were looking very dry. Saves me watering them :wink:

Hope it brightens up as I have some plants to get in the pots.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Rosa,Shiney and Jazmine sounds like we are all going to have a wet weekend in one way or another,still the gardens need it:p:D

Rosa,I expect you have got some of that sea fog rolling in.Hope you have got your torch handy.I find fog makes everywhere feel creepy:D

Shiney,sounds like you need to sell some of those 2,000 books to pay for Mrs Shineys new lounge At a £1 each that will be at least £1,500 to go towards it.I expect the hearth and fire have been there since caveman times:flag::D

Jazmine hope you enjoyed your brekkie in bed but mind those crumbs.They have tendancy to get into all sorts of places:D

Has anyone seen Peri and Scillygirl?They seem to have gone missing.I was jsut getting used to chatting with them.Oh well....:scratch:

Well,I am pottering at the moment upstairs having a good rumage to see what cluttery stuff I can chuck out.I like to see everywhere looking tidyish and Mr Kandy will see that I haven't been flaked out watching the telly all day while he has been relaxing,I mean working hard at work .:hehe:

Hope you all have a good one:thmb:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney,jazmine and kandy.
    shiney enjoy your decorating in lounge its nice to have a change we did all ours changed colours of paper, sofas and carpet enjoy.
    kandy the sun is coming out now fog has dissapeared iff it stays nice might go out and take some photos see what its like a bit later on.
    jazmine hope you enjoyed your toast and coffee

12. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its wet and cool here :(, but no white stuff, and thats fine by me [​IMG]
    Brad and i are off to a garden centre today, going to get some peppers (nothing hot), and some peas that have been started, i have quite a few pepper plants that i started, but nothing without heat, so i want to get a few peppers [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny hope you enjoyed your shopping and got your peppers, ive been out today taking pics of the local herons that live here in the north east uk first ive seen here and seen a comarant bird first ever just waiting to see the kingfishers that apparently arrive at the royal quays not here yet. have a great evening

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone,just watching Harry Dodson on the Victorian Kitchen Garden programme while eating my Weetabix and waiting for Mr Kandy to finish getting ready for work:D I think sometimes those programmes are more informative than the modern Gardeners World programmes I watch on Fridays:thmb:

Had a good day yesterday and had a good Spring clean and got rid of a lot of receipts and papers for composting .I don't know why I keep hoarding all this stuff.:(:p

Anyway,the sun is shining and Mr Kandy is nearly ready for the off so will sees you all later and hope you all have a great day in all that you do:thmb:

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone, sounds like your enjoying yourself there , well weather is nice and sunny here, had a great day yesterday at the royal quays park enjoyed getting more heron pics, iff anyone wants to see them they in members gallery added them to my royal quays marina thread.
    have a great day