Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,well it's the start of a new day so decided to get up early to enjoy it.I expect all you early hours of the morning posters are still asleep:hehe:

Anyway,haven't got time to sit here for too long as I have lots to do ready for the weekend.:D

Hope you all have a great day and will see you all tomorrow.:)

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone.
    Ditto kandy well ive got to get ready and do a few bits in the home as ben chapman from itn is arriving around 6pm want to look my best hehe and hubby is back thursday morning so i shall be going up to the airport to pick him up then on the way back we go for something to eat at morrisons and i do a bit of shopping.
    have a great day

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Rosa and all.

Shiney hope you have plenty of luck picking the right fireplace for you and your beloved or should that say I hope your beloved picks the right one for her?:hehe:

Another squash has popped through over night, have to admit I did sow them in the house but now have removed the big ones in the greenhouse and alls looking good.

Kandy I was awake at 3.20 am and it appeared so light although my bed beckoned me back lol.:ywn:

Rosa I'm sure it will be nice to have your hubby back on Thursday but I can't say I would enjoy shopping on the return.....went yesterday and had to do a mad dash goodness me those aisles are so small it's maddening!

No rain as yet this morning but I really don't care if it does rain as I have been allowed into Bob's little house at the bottom of the garden (his greenhouse) and yesterday I was able to work away to my heart's content which was so lovely.

Hope you all have a nice day and don't let the rain get you down.Hel.xxx.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen we do it every time hubby comes home saves me cooking and he gets his paper and bookies right next door to morrisons and i get something in fresh bread etc for the evening, kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak well we kill at least 4 things haha.
    have a great day

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

Helen, I didn't see you around at 3.20 :). That was the time I went to bed. Mrs shiney didn't have much problem picking the fireplace that 'we' liked. It is made of 'micro-marble' (a fancy name for reconstituted marble) and looked good. She also decided on an electric fire with coal effect and a brass surround. The fireplace was cheaper than I thought it would be because it was on special offer at £399 instead of £849 :thmb: (I'd have gone looking for it in the Pound Shop first :hehe:)

They are coming to fit it on Tuesday. Decorator coming to start prepping on Monday (Bank Holiday), Chippy coming on Tuesday to fit new doors to all our rooms (the old ones are really tatty and nearly 60 yrs old so I'm pensioning them off). On Thursday the man is coming to fit the new cupboards and bookshelves (10ft wide and 8ft high). The following week whilst we are in the Lake District the decorator will have finished all the rubbing down of the woodwork (doors and skirting boards) and the painting of the lounge.

Then he will call in the carpet man to fit the new carpet whilst he is painting the skirting and all the new doors. When the carpet is down he will call in the furniture company to deliver. It all sounds very well organised :gnthb: so I hope Murphy and his Law don't get involved :hehe:

I was in the garden at 7.00 this morning trying to trim the edge of the lawns but Oscar kept getting in the way of the blades until I had played with him for a while. We had a little bit of rain last night but it is quite sunny now and the wind has dropped. :thumb:

Have a great day :D

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its warmer here today, but all weekend, it was cold and pretty much rained all long weekend.
    So needless to say, i didnt plant anything, we did get frost one of the nights too, we didnt get snow, a place north of me did though on Sunday.
    I did get some more annuals and some more perennials to plant....and i have planted most of the perennials, just need it to warm up to plant the rest!~~
    [​IMG]

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Lol Rosa watch out how many birds your killing otherwise the RSPB will be after you!:hehe:

Shiney are you sure you're not a Field Marshall? Your home improvement project seems like a very well organized war campaign so I do hope you have no traitors in your mist....otherwise it's firing squad time!:redx:

Penny nice to hear that your weather is getting better the really lovely milder weather is bound to reach you sooner or later and then you can really get struck in.:wink:

I managed to pop over for a quick look at our plots yesterday afternoon although our little look ended up with nearly a 3 hour debate in Ray's polytunnel! :doh:

Looking good today no rain through the night and it's dry this morning not sure how long this 'dry spell' will last although I could do with it lasting awhile yet as the lawns need cutting (again) and so do the blinking huge hedge! No rest for the wicked as I must be very wicked indeed!:hehe:

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

It is sunny again but also breezy. What little rain we have had in the past week has not helped a great deal. A couple of weeks ago we dug over another section of the veggie garden and I have wanted to break down the lumps to make a finer surface. Unfortunately they are still rock hard so we have the surface covered in big solid lumps that won't break down :(

Helen, I have to have it well organised as we don't have time to sort out problems and we shall be away for half the time. :yho:

I'm having to mow all the grass again today (4 - 5 hours) so I can give the main lawns a quick run over just before everyone turns up on Saturday.

I suppose I had better get out there now instead of sitting on my bum in front of the computer :hehe:

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen and everyone,

Well what a beautiful morning it has now turned out to be.Been up since 5.30am but it was a bit colder although I could see the sun peeping through the clouds.Had a quick walk round my estate{garden} before having some brekkie and then have been washing out some vending pots ready to prick out my Cauliflower seedlings that I sowed last week and put in the airing cupboard and was pleased they were up in three days and have had them in the conservatory on the window sill to keep them growing nicely:thmb:

Rosa,I don't blame you for eating out I know I would if I was able to and most of our pensioner friends are always eating out,more so than eating at home.So that is one thing I am looking forward to when we retire.No more washing up:D

Helen glad that you were able to get to the allomtment yesterday.I spent lots of time in the greenhouse splitting up plants and potting them on and just came indoors for five minutes to spend a penny and the heavens opened and kept on chucking it down so that was the end of that because I wasn't going to get saked running back to the greenhouse:hehe:

Shiney,hope you have a good holiday and the weather is good for you.:thmb:We are off down to the South West in about six weeks time,then head up North in September so hope we have some decent weather.:thumb:

I bet you are glad you are going to be out of it while it is all being done.I am surprised that you don't have the whole house done so the mess will be all out of the way by the time you get back:D

Anyway,the lawn mower is calling from the shed so once the grass is dry that will be a job for me to do later on no doubt,although I get Mr Kandy to cut the edges.:lollol:

Hope you all have a great day,just going off to do some more splitting and potting:)

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,

Sounds like you are going to be busy with all that mowing.It would do my head in spending all that time mowing.I think I would rip it all up and have flowers instead:D

You need to hire or buy yourself a rotavator to get rid of all those big lumps.We wouldn't be without ours although I can't do much with ours now.:p

Anyway,have a good day and enjoy your weather:)

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, shiney, kandy and everyone.
    nice morning out there lovely and sunny, kandy i enjoy eating out will be eating out more when hubby retires he wants to go to thailand 6 months of the year we will see what happens .
    have a great day all

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

As it is too dark to do the gardening I thought I would say Hello! :hehe:

See you later. :old: :)

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney and everyone,

Lovely day out there this morning,the sun is shining and the wind has dropped for the time being:yho: Went for our ususal village walk last night and got some good photos of cloud formations,they were all wispy:D must get them put up on the forum:thmb:

Shiney hope everything goes ok for you all on Saturday and that the weather stays decent and you sell plenty of plants:gnthb:

Rosa,sounds like you will have a good time when you retire.You need to buy a home out in Thailand now so that it will be ready for when Mr Rosa retires:D.I am already getting this place cleared and lots of stuff boxed up so that when the house prices eventually go back up in the future we can get rid of it and have some money behind us by downsizing.I suggested to Mr K andy the other day that he needs to buy a second home over where he works so he doesn't have to commute each day and then he can claim for a second home on his expenses:hehe:

Well the day is calling and so is my brekkie so hope you all have a great day:)

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, kandy and everyone.
    weather here not so nice raining and i have to drive up to airport hate driving when its raining.
    shiney good luck for saturday hope you have a great day look forward to seeing your pics of the event.
    kandy dont think we will buy a place in thailand it can be difficult especially buying a house with grounds it has to be in a thai persons name, we could buy a condo but its not the type of place i could sit in 6 months.good idea mr kandy getting a second place put in expenses for it might aswell all the mps have done it haha.
    have a great day

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning Kandy, rosa and everyone,

Kandy, all you need to do is get Mr Kandy to stand for parliament :hehe:

This second home for MP's situation is easy to solve and not too expensive for the country. Their first home should be in their constituency and the government should have a big hostel at Westminster where all the MP's can live. That way they can live near their job because of the 'unsocial' hours and there would not be the daily travelling expenses and they live in the hostel rent free and use the 'canteen' at Westminster for their meals. :rotfl: :rotfl:

The garden is almost ready but we are way behind with getting the house ready for decorating :(

I'm not sure that I will have time to take photos on the day as I hope we shall be too busy. :gnthb: