Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Marley, isn't that what these beautiful days are for? Getting in the garden, working then relaxing! I adore the smells in the garden at the moment. It's just heavenly.

Kandy, we went to the coast but the wind was freezing! We did visit two lovely nurseries so I enjoyed that :)

Rosa, the blue 2 seater sounds rather nice... Have a good day :)

Morning everone else- enjoy the garden before the rain starts.

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone

Thanks for all your lovely comments :o

Kandy, I realised that I didn't answer some of your questions :(. We don't have any gazebos and they would be too much trouble to set up. At this time of year we don't expect it to be too hot but the morning turned out to be very hot and sunny. Some people moved their chairs into the shade of the trees but most of them just enjoyed being in the sun. I wouldn't have sat in the sun :D.

No, we don't hold back any plants. If people want to hand over money for them we are only too pleased to take it. The people that come in the afternoon don't know what has already gone and may spend their money on other plants. :)

We can't give our furniture to the charity places because it doesn't have any fire certificates and they are not allowed to take it. We managed to take the armchairs, one at a time, to the dump.

We expect to meet up with Steve when we get to the Lakes on Sunday :thmb:

I had better get a move on. We haven't quite finished clearing the lounge and the decorator will be here shortly.

Have a great day :D

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, well after a nice sunny day it rained last night, looks a little dull out there this morning went on balcony feels a little chilly, hope its nicer later going up to see that car.
    jazmine i spoke to a friend yesterday hes told me to keep away from MGs as they rust the pipes and something to do with position of engine so im not bothering with that and it just had a manual roof.
    have a great day all

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,

Well what a change with the weather this morning after the lovely weather of the weekend:(still we need the rain if only to water the gardens and fill the water butts up:DDon't know if anyone had the thunder storms that were forecast for yesterday but we got away with just a bit of rain although we have the breeze back again and I bet it is cold out there as well:p

Jazmine I bet you enjoyed the coast,I do like the sea and we do quite a few coastal footpath walks when we have holidays near the sea:D

Rosa,good luck with the car viewing today and hope you get a good deal with it:thmb:

Shiney,have you any room in your suitcase for a little person .I feel like I could do with a holiday at this moment in time.:DPlease give our regards to Steve when you meet up with him:)Hope the decorating has started ok and that you manage to find someone to look after all your plants and Oscark-l.Pity you live so far away as I could have popped round to look after everything.:p

Well our Poppy as just come back indoors after staying out all weekend and she is wet and squaking so will have to go and see to her needs:hehe:

Hope you all have a good day in all that you do:)

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,didn't see you pop up there.Sounds like you have ythe same weather as we have down here.
    Hope the car hunt goes ok and you get the one you want:thumb:

Anyway i had better log off because this cat is doing my head ink-l:D

Let me know how you get on and have a good day:luv:

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning rosa, Kandy and everyone,

What a beautiful day :). It is pouring with rain and the garden is dancing with joy :yho: It's the first proper rain we have had since the winter. All our water butts have been empty for weeks but they are filling up nicely now. The grass should now recover very quickly from the hundreds of people traipsing over it :thmb:

Kandy, you could stay in our summer house and look after Oscar and the garden :gnthb:. You would be able to have a relaxing week and Mr Kandy can stay at home and look after the allotment - and do his own cooking :hehe: :rotfl:. The decorator is working well and has ripped out the fitted cupboards and bookshelves. He said that they don't make things as good as that anymore. He had to use a power saw and crowbar to get some things apart. Fireplace is coming out today. That is going to make an awful mess as it is a brick fireplace and tile hearth.

Mrs shiney is out all morning running the U3A plant sale so will miss some of the noise and mess - and I shall be out this afternoon running the bridge club. That's a fair share of avoiding the mess whilst keeping an eye on things :D

rosa, I'm sure you will fall in love with the car when you see it :gnthb:

Kath, did you buy any plants at the nurseries? :)

I've now worked out the amount of money that they charity will get and it is £1,150 :yho:

Now I've got to try and catch up on all the paperwork that I left lying on my desk all last week :(

Have a great day :D

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning Rosa, Kandy, Shiney and everyone :luv:

Good luck with your decision Rosa. :)

Kandy, we are fortunate here as the coast is only 25 mins ish away. We nearly always have a coastal breeze though so need a windbreak [or a small tent as we have :)]

Shiney, I didn't make a purchase BUT I did go round twice and almost bought some plants but OH always says "where will you put that???" so I need to be alone :hehe: I just love the places.

Am off out today, enjoy your day everyone. Looks like it is too wet for the garden...

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, shiney, jazmine and everyone.
    looks lovely out there this morning, went to see car yesterday its fab bought it, picking it up in the morning cant wait to drive it.
    have a great day all

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Hope you are all well and not getting too blow about with this never ending breeze:p

Jazmine,sounds ideal to have the coast so close.I have always loved being by the sea whenever we have holidays or days out to the coast.I could sit for hours on the cliff tops just watching the waves and the sea birds:D you are so lucky to have it right on your doorstep:)

PS you can never just look at garden centers or nursery's to call yourself a gardener you must go home with a boot full even if you have nowhere to put them:D

Shiney,sounds like it is all go with the lounge work and I bet you willl be glad when it is finished.:D

By the way,Mr Kandy does most of his own cooking now apart from at the weekends that is.Since he developed high Cholesterol he decide to cook stir fries etc which he says is more healthier,though he must be doing something wrong as it has gone back up again after he managed to get it down:scratch:.I told him it must be his age:hehe: He has put on a stone in weight sinec he packed up smoking so has put himself on a diet but he is upset that he has put back on the three lbs that he lost.I told him it is probably muscle that he has put on which weighs more than fat.It is all that gardening and allotment work he is doing,since I can't do as much at the moment:D

Good amount for the Charity there Shiney,well done:cl-p:

Rosa,hope you don't get the rain when you are driving your car along the seafront,it is chucking it down here at the moment.:p:D

Today we have our midi bag of green stuff being delivered sometime today,they are going to put it on the drive and then we will have to bag it up ready to spread round the garden when the rain stops:(.Also have to hand over the keys to the garage people who are picking up our neighbours sports car for servicing while they are on holiday in France this week:),plus have to finish getting the housework done and clean out the golfish I am looking after this week.I ike to do it every couple of days as it can't be much fun swimming round in his poo all day long:D

Hope you all have a great day and don't get too cold or wet if you venture out:)

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    I didn't get time to pop in :scratch:

I had to be out early for my treat at the beauty salon - a delicious body scrub. Then coffee and a muffin out then shopping. :luv:

So morning all :rotfl:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    evening all, kandy im hoping it doesnt rain in the morning after i pick up the car, see the roof being up mind weather forecast is good for weekend. will get pic of me in the car.

jazmine hope you enjoyed your beauty treatment thats one thing ive not done, now i love shopping did you buy anything nice.

hope you all have had a great day, just been on my balcony have all my lights and lamps on had a lovely cup of coffee out there, its a bit windy but quite warm just aswell i was sitting under cover out there

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, quick hello before i get ready for the off to the garage, dry here this morning hope it stays that way.
    have a nice day all

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone,

Jazmine sounds like you enjoyed your beauty treatment.The body scrub sounds perfect.:thmb: Had a nice pedicure the other year which was done with Birthday beauty gift vouchers and it was like walking on air afterwards:D

Rosa,good luck with picking up your new car:gnthb:.Hope your weather is better up where you are because it is dull and windy here again.:D

Shiney hope you find someone to look after your place for you next week.I had a message left on our answering machine last night while we in the garden to say that my friends house{the Goldfish owner} had water pouring out of the bottom of her front door and this neighbours dad had managed to turn off the water but no one could get into the house.They thought i might have a key but I hadn't got one. When we drove up there we could only look through the letterbox and windows.Every carpet is soaked,water had poured down the walls and the kitchen floor was awash with water:(The neighbour thinks that mice may have chewed through the plastic pipes or else the connections had somehow come apart.My friend has been informed and they are due to fly in from Portugal ln the early hours of Friday morning.
    What a nightmare to come home to and it looks like the house will have to be gutted in places and all the carpets,wooden flooring,and furnishings will have to be dumped and they will have to start again.A lot of the furnishings were brand new as well:(

Anyway,on a lighter note,our green compost came yesterday and Mr K spent a good part of the evening spreading the stuff round the garden epsecially where the lilac had come up from and the bit where the horrible spreading bulbs had been dug from:p

Well I hope the weather improves and you all have a good day:thmb:

14. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning Rosa, Kandy, and all. :luv:

Have a fab day Rosa. :gnthb:
    Kandy what a nightmare for your neighbours. I cannot imagine anything worse happening, even if you had a key no doubt the damage had already been done.
    Today I am here catching up with boring housework, then hopefully getting outside later. I haven't seen the tomato plants for two days :lollol:

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hiya kandy and jazmine and all, picked up the new car its fantastic very nippy and fast delighted with it, hubby took pics of me in it, put them in section new car, non discussion.weather was ok a little dull when i picked it up, had the roof down and i couldnt feel any drafts very suprised.kandy thats awful for your neighbours having to come back to that what a shame.
    have a great day