Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, a bit dull out there this morning looks like its rained overnight.
    helen my balcony is certainly filling up my clematis and climbers are really taking off, my cup and saucer vine is right around the balcony now just waiting for them all to flower.
    penny great to hear you got no frost strange at this time of year lets hope it clears then you can get on with your lovely flower planting.
    have a great day all

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.

It is another good day out there and we had a really good day yesterday with lots of sunshine and a little cloud at times.Managed to get over to the allotment yesterday evening and helped Mr Kandy plant out 81 Sweetcorn:roll: Mr Kandy has put wire netting all round them to keep the bunnies off but don't know about the pigeons:(

Anyway,rain is forecast for part of the weekend so must get the lawns mowed today at some point .Hope you all have a great day:)

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,nearly missed you there.Sorry about your rain and they are forecasting more for you today and rain for us tomorrow and Sunday.Still we do need it and it is nearly the weekend so it often rains especially for the weekend.

Hope you have a good day:luv:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning kandy, we posted same time, hope weather gets better but i dont think so according to weather forecast last night looks like showers all weekend, have a nice day

[​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,love your Gifs:luv: Ithas clouded over hear now so looks like we might get some rain soon:p I enjoyed my salad yesterday but struggled to open a tin of tuna.I couldn't turn the key properly and had to hold the tin opener with my right hand and turn the key with my left hand but i got there in the end:D

Have a great day and hope you get the car sorted soon:thumb::luv:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, glad you like the gifs, why dont you buy one of them electric can opener will be much easier for you than struggling with an ordinary can opener, sometimes i have bother also was thinking of getting one myself.
    hubbys away to a local garage this morning they are putting it on their diagnostic machine lets hope they come up with something whatever it is, its not affecting the perfomance of the car its running great it will be just something small i guess, let you know later.
    have a lovely day

[​IMG]

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa, Kandy and all.

Rosa you're quite welcome sweetie to send some of that rain down to me because we do need it quite badly even though for the pass couple of days it has looked like rain it hasn't so far and all the plants and crops are begging for it.....fingers crossed we get some rain this weekend, never thought I would wish for rain but there you go!:doh::D

Rosa I do hope that your car trouble is only a little problem and nothing like the bother we had with ours when we brought our car two years ago it also had a 'little problem' which ended up having a new engine and a diesel turbo unit in which took the garage 6 months to fix in the meantime 'they' had to lend us a Citroën Picasso. I guess we were very lucky as we didn't take any extra warranty out on the car as it cost 4 grand and everything seemed ok but when we went to pick it up the sales-man forgot to service it and put a long MOT on it so of course Bob was quite angry at this (as the boys were going away and wanted Dad to play taxi driver for them) I told the guy that we could wait for the MOT to be done when we got back BUT I wanted all the repairs etc. to be paid by the garage for it to pass the MOT and I wanted that in writing which I did get.....thank goodness I did it ended up costing a couple more grand for the garage not forgetting the lost of the Picasso for all those months and costing the manager and the salesman their jobs!

This wouldn't have happened if the garage had service and gave the car a good going over before putting it on the forecourt to sell by the way this was from a decent chain of garages...so it just goes to show bigger doesn't mean better at the time!

Kandy picked up quite a few bags of chippings for the boggy area in our first plot and now thankfully it's a more workable and walkable area complete with Bob's raised beds, fingers crossed will be able to take some snaps this morning.

It's a bother Kandy trying to open cans and jars at the best of time for me I swear there's a little imp just making me slow down in the kitchen, maybe we could get a deal buying three of them openers between us Buy two get one free deal lol!:hehe:

Penny nice to know your weather is somewhat improving lets hope it keeps on being so for you sweetie.

Just making a steak and potatoe pie for dinner then I'm out for the morning, have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Penny, you can breathe again! Glad to hear there was no frost :thumb:

Rosa, we are forecast rain too :( This must be the loveliest time of the year for your balcony :) I love your animations, what a cheerful sight in the mornings.

Kandy you are a very busy girl indeed. Just think of harvest time though when you can pick fresh sweetcorn. Yum, one of my faves.

Hel, enjoy your day whatever you are doing - look forward to seeing some pics. The photo of you is lovely by the way :hehe: Not scary at all, now mine is....only joking!

I am out all day [art class this afternoon] looking forward to it as I am halfway through a pencil sketch that I would like to frame and hang in the bedroom.

Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and jazmine.
    pleased you like the animations thought it would cheer us up, well its pouring down here and got my heating on it feels cold.
    the car helen, hubby just been to local garage he paid £25 and they found the 2 faults so hes away to drop car off and they can get them done, i put whats wrong the faults they found in new car non discussion, hes also going to get that money of them for finding the faults and he said the guy sounded a bit sheepish, lets hope now it will be done, our local garage would of charged around £200 to fix it but they told him to take the car back to them and show them whats wrong with it been under warranty.
    joining the AA soon as when hubbys away i dont want anything going wrong as i will be going out on days out with my friend.
    have a great day but not in this rain hehe

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Good morning Kandy-Rosa-Helen-Jasmine and Periwinkle and all my other friends,Hope you are all well and OK,everyone have a lovely weekend and please stay safe:)

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, peri, kandy, jazmine, helen and everyone, its raining here this morning no wind so thats a bonus.
    peri cars back in garage getting them problems sorted lets hope its fine then, dont know when im getting it back, give us a car so that ok iff we need to go anywere. we were supposed to be going to my daughters for the day but we put it off as the weather was awful, we will wait till we get a lovely day as we were going for a walk and sit in the garden but we couldnt with all that rain.
    have a great day all

[​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning,Woo and everyone,

It has been raining in the night and still doing it now so at least the gardens and allotment plots are getting watered,although now it has started it will carry on now for weeks and the weeds will grow even taller.:p Mr Kandy isn't very happy because it always seems to rain at the weekends when we get it:D

Went to see my friend last night,the one who got flooded and it is a nightmare for them.All the downstairs carpets have gone the paint is flaking off of the walls,the plaster is bubbling underneath,wooden flooring has had to be dumped doors warped and blown where the heat from the hot water affected them.Even the fancy coving has got parts missing and even the kitchen floor units has water seeped into the chipboard,and there are cracks in the ceiling where it joins the walls:(

They have got those noisy dehumidifires going all day and their large garage is full of the furniture that wasn't too badly affected.It is a complete nightmare for them and at the moment they are busy trying to get quotes for all the things that has been ruined and having to live in the top part of the house.Mr Kandy was having a look in the airing cupboard where the problem started from and saw some water dripping from one of the pipes so my friend has had to ring the plummer again to come back and fix it because the bowl that was catching the drips isn't big enough:(

Anyway,I have rambled on too much so had better go and get some breakfast then go with Mr K to get some food shopping done.Hope you all have a great day and don't get too wet.:luv::D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, well thats devestating news for your friends it really sounds very bad it will take them weeks to get it back to normal perhaps months by the sound of the damage thats been done, how awful for them, feel sorry for them coming back from an enjoyable holiday to all that.
    have a good day

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,if it had been me I would have cried my eyes out.In their Airing cupboard is a roundish type tank that stands by the side of their boiler{something to do with the immersion heater}.Not sure what it does but it has air at the top and hot water in the bottom half.Well this tank thing had corroded underneath it's coloured layer and the build up of air pressure plus the heat of the hot water had caused a hole about 1/2 mm or less to be made which let out all this hot water which flowed underneath the door onto the landing,into their bedroom but not the childrens rooms and as it layed on the carpet for so long it then went through the floorboards right down into the hall,down the walls everywhere.

It was the window cleaner who found it when he came to collect the money and he could hear water dripping so when he realised they were not there alerted a neighbour who called her dad to come and turn the water off at the stop cock.They have had to have surveyors in to drill holes in the walls and floor to see how high the water had seeped.The plummer said it was a fluke that this had happened but no one knows how long it had been going on for since they left the house.

My friend and her family have to live in this mess for months while the house dries out.I think she will make sure that all the water is turned off next time they go away and I think we will do the same....

Enjoy your day as well:)