Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo and everyone, woo you were up early, im up quite early this morning the sun is just rising, have a great day all

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    I thought I would beat you all up :hehe:
    OH came home really late and is snoring away so I got up!!

Morning everyone.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone who can't sleep:snz::D I expect you are all asleep now that I am up at a proper hour:flag::hehe:

It is cool again this morning,though the sun is about somewhere because I can see what I am doing:lollol:

Hope everyone has a good day and hope it stays dry:)

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Rosa, Kathy, Kandy and all.

Oh dear loads of you were up early I do hope nobody had a little accident in the night? Don't forget no drinking after 6pm!:hehe:

Penny we had much needed rain over the weekend it's gone for now but promised for later as you say it does save the hard work of watering.

Jazmine I'm sure you enjoyed the natter and of course the cakes you naughty girls, sorry about your hubby being a snorer feel sorry for me both Bob and Dan rattle the house when they are asleep it's like World War III!:doh:

Kathy that's the beauty of the internet if you're not sure of anything within a few moments you can find out almost anything online.

Was busy yesterday we planted some gourds and marigolds over at the plots there's an awful lot of weeding to be done again due to the lovely rain we so badly needed but on the bright side the plants are also coming along really great too.

I'm sure I'll be over at the plots again later on if the weather holds.
    Have a nice day guys no matter what you're up to.Hel.xxx.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning jazmine, kandy, helen, i went back to bed just got up, think it was the drink yesterday i went to bed at 8pm no wonder i was up early haha, going to make a lovely coffee now.snoring my hubbys the same what a noise he makes at times
    have a great day

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,457
    Good morning everyone,
    Sorry, but I haven't had time to read what I have missed so hope you are all well. Kandy, I hope your wrist is getting better :thumb:

We are back from a wonderful time in the Lake District and had great weather. It was a little too hot on Monday and Tuesday but did some easy walks. The only rain we had was a little drizzle for an hour on Friday and rain on and off Saturday morning. We were at Keswick market for Saturday morning so the rain didn't matter as we walked around with umbrellas (not usually a macho part of our walking gear :hehe:).

When we got home Oscar greeted us on the doorstep k-l. I understand that he had a good time whilst we were away. One of the neighbours came and fed him twice a day and the man who came every day to water the greenhouse and pot plants decided to bring him 'treats' every day. He also got loads of cuddles from both of them. The decorator said that he kept a close eye on all the work that was being done :hehe:. Oscar was very pleased to see Mrs shiney and brought her a present of a rabbit - without its head :(.

Our lounge, hall and corridor are now finished and look good. New fireplace, carpet and furniture are in and the doors for the cupboards beneath the bookshelves should be delivered in the next couple of days :yho:. We spent all day yesterday starting unpack the boxes to put things back. We are still sorting out which books to keep and which to take to the charity shop. It's taking a lot of time working out where on the bookcase we want each book and adjusting the shelves to fit. So we are having to work from the bottom shelves upwards. I've also been hammering in masonery nails for hanging all our pictures (walls are too hard for picture hooks) and thumped my thumbnail once :mad:. A bruise started coming up immediately but Mrs shiney gave me something for it and the blackness had gone within two hours. It still hurts - boo hoo! :hehe:

Got to go and get some more boxes in - boring!!!!

Have a great day :D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, pleased you had a great time in the lakes look forward to seeing your pics and pleased to hear the lounge and hall is finished bet it looks super.

morning peri,the drink in the afternoon really tires me and when i get in just so tired and just have to sleep, hubby keeps saying i snore hehe will get a tape and let him listen to himself one of these days haha,pleased to hear your moving soon great news hope you enjoy your new home
    have a great day off shopping shortly

8. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668

And hopefully in the next couple of years, i will be coming over to see all that green you have :thumb::thumb::yho:

Good morning everyone, :)

Its warmer here today, but overcast and supposed to rain.:doh:
    I've been outside and watered the plants that are on the porch, since they dont get any rain.
    Going to go out soon and do some weeding.
    Hope everyone has a great day :thumb:

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,457
    :) :) k-l k-l k-l

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, lovely start to the morning coming in and seeing pics of oscar shiney hes so cute looks great on his pedestal, sun is just showing hope it will be a nice day.
    have a great day all

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa and all.

Welcome back Shiney you are a lucky soul to have enjoyed good weather up at the lakes I mean it's not well know for sunshine!
    It must have been delightful and a huge relief to get back to you home and it all be done, sorry to hear about the wayward hammer those things do have a mind of their own in the wrong hands do take care otherwise who going to cook for Mrs.Shiney's students if you're all bandaged up!s00k Oscar looks so very cute as per normal such a poser.:hehe:

Kathy the marigolds I grow are the French variety so come in a great many colours and other than my broughts seeds I have no idea what colours I'm going to get out of each one so it's a nice surprise when they flower.

Rosa it's not too bad if afternoon drink tires you I mean it could be worst you could want to fight everyone!:hehe:

Penny weeding seems to have come as a full time job it's endless here but thankfully my IPod helps me out although not with my singing birds have been know to drop dead out of the sky around me!:D

Managed to plant up my lovely large marrows yesterday and was given five or six copper beech hedge plants I have a little hole in our privet hedge in a small part of the garden and am trying to convince Bob it will look ok mixing the beech in not winning the war as of yet.

Got to pop to Wilco's to pick a couple of things this morning do hope Bob's got a fat wallet today as you can bet those couple of things end up being a bag full!:D

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Late getting up this morning and don't seem to be able to go round the house at my usual lightening speed.I must be getting:old:

Shiney,glad to hear you had a good holiday.:thumb:I was watching the Lakeland Cam so I could see what weather you were having up there:hehe:

Glad to hear that the decorating is coming along nicely,but I would definetly get rid of most of those 51 boxes of stuff you have stored all over the place:flag::D Sorry about your finger and hope that Oscar kissed it better for youk-lI had a fight with a thorn on Saturday and this is what it did to my finger...
    [​IMG][​IMG]Ouch...

Rosa,hurry up and get that car back from the garage as I want the sun back again.I don't like this horrible weather we have been getting:(

Helen,sounds like you have been busy again at the allotments.We were going to go over last night for the evening but it rained just before we set out and carried on for an hour so had to change our plans.:(

Peri your operation sounds quiet horrific,although these hand problems seem to be quiet common now than they used to be unless they are talked about and operated on more these days.

Anyway,I think i am going to go and get my hair cut this morning before I start looking like a troll.I didn't mind it long when I was a kid but hate it hanging round my neck now:hehe:

Have a good day everyone whatever you are up to:luv:

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,457
    Good morning everyone

Kandy, I hope you gave that rose bush a piece of your mind! :mad:
    Only another dozen, or so, boxes to go but those are the difficult ones :(. Some of them have got things in that were, unwanted, presents from people so we have to think whether they may be missed when those people come round. Others belonged to my parents (Mum's school prizes etc) or grandparents but I shall have to be ruthless. We even came across a book that belonged to Mrs shiney's great great grandfather!

rosa, I haven't had time to read back through everything I missed but it seems as though your new car is sick :scratch:. I wish it better :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

14. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its actually sunny here, but calling for showers off and on later, so i am going to get the grass cut in a bit.
    Went out and did some weeding yesturday, with all the rain lately, the good ol' weeds are sure thriving!!
    Hope everyone has a great day.

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello all :)

Well it has rained and rained here. I only went outside to clean the bin :mad:

Am off to the dentist tomorrow so may not be around for a while if I have treatment. I am really fed up with the pain and take painkillers every day which is making me irritable to say the least :cry:

Not sure what else they can do- I have had one extraction, two fillings, two infections, ulcers and still have pain. Maybe take them all out?:cnfs: