Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Jazmine,sorry to hear you are in so much pain with toothache.Not a nice pain at the best of times:(I'm glad I am not the only one who cleans the bin out:)

Good Luck and hope everything goes ok for you:luv:

2. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Thanks Kandy. I washed it out with soap powder today!!

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Jazmine,do you mean your wheely bin or the small recycling bins?I use Jeyes Fluid and a nice drop of water and a long handled soft brush to clean the insides of mine.Aren't I sad:D My next door neighbour keeps getting orange cards put in his bottle box because of the state it is in,must have been at least a dozen last week when I rescued the lid off of his drive and we were chatting about it the other day.He reckons he is just going to keep putting the bottles and tins out unwashed as he thinks it is all a waste of time:p:D

4. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Sorry Kandy was scoffing my tea!
    Yes I mean't the wheelie bin. We have three here, a green for household, a grey for paper etc, a brown for garden waste.
    The only wheelie bin I clean is the green one because it gets really smelly. I fill it with soapy water and use a long handled brush like you do.
    So that was the highlight of my time outside today!! :dh:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Kandy I do hate it when thorny plants bite back more so if the wound swells up quite painful I do hope Mr.K. kissed it better for you.:wink:

Jazmine sounds like you are really suffering sweetie I do hope the dentist will be able to sort you out.

Penny glad to hear your weather is getting better shouldn't grumble too much about the rain at least it saves you a job watering but I agree those weeds do seem to grow better than the plants or so it seems!

Kathy if you want to give those flowers a go I have plenty of seeds I could always send you some they are very easy to grow and I'm sure you could get away with sowing them still...... just let me know if you would like some.

Managed to plant up some French Dwarf Beans and my Lady Di Runner Bean plants yesterday just before the heavens opened up. My goodness it was a cracking storm thunder, lighting, local flooding, power cut, water cut thankfully the last two things were only off for a very short time and it was back on for the football match.

There's a curry plant that needs tackling today and peppers also few tomato plants that need potting on if the weather holds (fingers crossed) I will not get soaked trying to complete them.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

I'm up early for once,well earlier than ususal so thought that I would get my computer stuff out of the way early.:D

Well it is raining out there again so looks like I am going to be stuck inside yet again.So much for the heatwave they keep on about.I think we had that last week but it seems a distant memory now:hehe: I got my hair cut yesterday and the young girl who normally cuts it was telling me she is going back home in August so won't be seeing her any more:(

After lunch I drove over to the allotment with a boot full of stuff including a compost bin that someone in our village was getting rid of so we swopped a bottle of the red stuff for it:D I just got to the plot and it started raining with thunder in the distance so all I got done was set the bin up,filled it with compostable stuff,checked the plants that are growing nicely,got soaking wet and then came home.What a waste of a good trip:p

Jazmine,I like to keep all my recycing bins clean because if we don't then we would have a maggot problem like our neighbours have.Still it feeds the wagtails and the hedgehog although the recyclers are not happy with all the horrible smelly bins that get left for them:p

Shiney,I have all my mums old school books that she had when she was at the Notre Dame school,and also some very old DIY books and magazines that belonged to my dad.My older brothers and sisters were going to take them to the rubbish tip but i rescued them.although they are now in the loft stored in boxes.I expect when I have popped me clogs they will get dumped by whoever clears out the house:(

Anyway,it is time for me to go and get some brekkie and then decide what I am going to do with the day.Hope you all have a good one in all that you do:luv:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning helen, kandy and everyone, nice and sunny here we are supposed to be in for showers later, off at 11 to pick up my new printer then going to rig it up when i get back.
    peri, shiney cars still in renault garage getting fixed they have had car a week tommorow hoping i hear from them today the owner of garage said he would call me as soon as its back at his garage.
    have a great day all

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen and Rosa,

Sorry Helen didn't realise you had posted,it didn't show up at the bottom when i was scrolling through the list:oops::o Sounds like you had a good planting session at the allotments.We already have our Runner and French beans in although we had to replant soem of them because the slugs started to attack them:( I bet the thunder storm was spectacular even though it put an end to your allotmenteering for the time being:D

Rosa,the sun is now out here which is nice so hopefully it will dry the garden out.I think you will need to contact the garage because knowing what thye are all like they won't run after you.It should surly be fixed by now,especially as the sun is shining:thumb:

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, the owner of garage said he will call me as soon as he hears from the renault garage, cant really do anything till he hears from them, they will take a good couple of days to sort the problem out, problem was took car to garage last friday and they were closed all weekend so by the time they did sensor on monday then tuesday it went to renault at least its in the best place for getting the problem seen to

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,457
    Good morning everyone,

It is a bit dull out there but fairly mild. Yesterday was a funny old day with rain on and off and then at mid-afternoon it suddenly got very warm - 20C :scratch:

Peri, that wasn't a picture of my finger with the thorn. That was Kandy. I was the clumsy one with the hammer, who thumped my thumb :hehe:

Jaz, I hope you are feeling better :thmb:

We don't need to clean our bins. We are lucky here with our rubbish as all recycling goes in bags. The other rubbish goes in a wheelie but we bag it before putting it in the wheelie. We use supermarket carrier bags as bin bags indoors (we're recycling them :)) but all waste food (not a lot of that as I am too greedy :D) goes into our compost. Any left over pieces of meat fat and bones go on the lawn in the morning and the birds have picked it clean by afternoon.

A friend has given us a couple of tomato plants that produce the ugly giant brown tomatoes. We'll see how it goes. We are also experimenting with some new and/or unusual toms - I'll let you know about them later in the season if they are any good.

Have a great day :D

11. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its looking like its going to rain...again, but the temperature is a little warmer today.
    Have some errands and grocery shopping to do, so i hope everyone has a great day.
    Oh and i finally posted my growing list, up in edible gardening.

12. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    I hope everyone had a good day despite the rain.
    I had a bad time at the dentist :(
    He decided to file my tooth down, took another xray, I shot through the roof, he gave me an injection, started working again then said "Oh you have a fracture"
    He sent me off saying to phone for a filling if it hurt anymore. Three hours later the pain was unbearable so I took more painkillers, phoned the dentist back and guess what- he cannot fit me in for TWO WEEKS :dh:
    I am on the cancellation list though.
    So my day has been rubbish again.

13. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,

late time for me today, got up at 5:30, took the dog for his walk with Brad, had my shower and did some cleaning and laundry, and then off to so some grocery shopping, had to put it all away (hate that job), and here i am.
    Its sunny out and warmer, not as warm as I'd like, but I'll take it, and its better then rain.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone, looks lovely out there off out to tescos shortly away for kodak photo paper best go early in case i get call from garage and council coming this afternoon to service the boiler.
    have a great day

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

It is a lovely day out there today so hope it keeps on staying that way:gnthb:

Have to go to see the Dr this morning at 9.30am for my second steroid injection so hopefully this will help the healing process of this Tendionitis,although she did say it would be months before it was back to some sort of normality.I think this time I will take a pen so I can mark the spot where she has to put the needle in not like last time when she pressed on the spot twice,ouch:p

Jazmine sorry to hear you were in so much pain with your teeth,I don't know what they are playing at half the time.(((((hugs))))) for you:luv:

Shiney,we bag all our stuff up so the main bin keeps fairly clean it is jsut occasionaly Mr Kandy puts some stuff in the bin ie,the contents of the Henry hoover after he has hoovered the car out and it makes a mess down the sides and the inside bottom of the bin so I have to go out and clean it.Apart from that we don't have a lot of problems unlike our busy neighbours:hehe:

Peri,do you do any twitching to get the bird ticks?We used to go out round the country to see rare birds and our best ticks were a Snowy Owl in Wainfleet and and a Nutcracker in some posh peoples garden.We also had a weeks birding in the Isles Of Scillies years ago and also three weeks in France,the only time I have ever got Mr Kandy to have a holiday abroad.We had to pack it in when we were made redundant in the early 90's and my wages went from £6 an hour to the pittance of £2.90:(but we have good memories of those trips out and met lots of nice people:D

Rosa,hope you get your car back today and I should ask them for the twenty eight day warranty to start from the day you get the car back.Good Luck and hope you have many happy years driving:thumb:

Hel,we used to have a curry plant where we used to live and the smell from the grey foliage was just like curry powder and the flowers were yellow,is that correct?:)

Penny sounds like you are really busy at the moment with all the stuff you are growing will have to have a look at the list:gnthb:

Anyway,I had better go and get some breakfast and then go and get ready for this appointment after Mr K has gone off to work.

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)