Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,sorry didn't see you pop up there,had to go and sort Uggy out as it was head banging the cat flap slide to get ink-l:p

Hope your day goes well and that you get the car back sometime today:gnthb:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa, Kandy and all.

Kandy fear not about yesterday's post I was up early due to being over warm through the night I much prefer cooler nights those sticky ones you just don't seem to rest right. Good luck with the injection Kandy may the needle be swift!

Shiney next year I'm hoping to try quite a few different toms as this year I have only tried 3 or 4 types, I like the look of those funny looking tiger striped yellow ones but that's for next year now. I will be interested to know what your brown toms end up like.

Penny I really don't mind putting the shopping away it's doing the shopping that I dread it's such a nightmare I just can't wait to get out of the shops!

Jazmine oh sweetie what pain you must be in the same happened to me a few years back it was a case of to pull or not to pull but the dentist decided to leave it alone and just fill that tooth it played me up almost six months then just when I made up my mind that I really needed to get it sorted and couldn't cope anymore the pain stopped!:doh:

Can't you go and see one of those emergency dentist that can see you the same day?

Rosa do hope your car gets sorted it's being a right royal pain in the butt.

Well yesterday Bob managed to dig another long border for flowers for me he is spoiling me that's for such as he went along digging (yes he is managing to dig a little these days although has to take no end of rests) I planted the flowers up.

I need to weed out the fruit bed, find a spot for the courgettes and then find room for the squashes....given to us by the lovely Shiney thx sweetie :luv:.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,457
    Good morning everyone,

It's a lovely day today so I want ot get out there early to work on the garden. One of our laurel hedges has grown like mad and is getting in the way of the driveway. It is about 50ft long, 7ft high and 6ft deep so it is quite awkward. I hate the clearing up afterwards :mad:. Hope my shoulder stands the strain :thmb:

On the up side :), the bee orchids have started flowering :yho:

Wish all your aches and pains better :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy again, helen, shiney and everyone, just got back from tescos they didnt have kodak photo paper so i bought tescos own make guess it doesnt make much difference, im going to copy a lot of my photos off on 7x5 size instead of taken them to photo shop and just have ones i want.
    im hoping i get car back and helen it has been a right royal butt as you said hehe since i got it, kandy will tell hubby to ask got another 28 day warranty.at least its been in the renault garage so they know what they are doing, its had quite a few new parts in it so it should come out like a brand spanking new car.
    have a great day

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Thanks for the hugs, I needed them :gnthb:

I am trying everything here-our dentists are national health and all very busy she told me. This has been going on for a few months, I have had one out that side, two filled that side, two infections and now this fracture is present. I need a 20 min appt for the filling so I can't have an emergency appt for that...
    I was awake in the night with bad pain which radiated the whole right side of my mouth and jaw last night.
    Sorry I'm not my usual fun person at the moment. :mad:
    Have a gorgeous day everyone, the weather should be better so lots of gardening hopefully.

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Its sunny here and warm,....and they say no rain:yho:......ya right, believe that when it see it!!:rotfl:

Going out to work in the garden and bought a few new plants lastnight at Walmart:D:D...couldnt help myself!!:rotfl::rotfl:

7. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hiya Kathy :)

I do:D, i cant walk into a garden centre and not come home with somthing :yho:...my husband just shakes his head, and wanders off:hehe:........:idea:maybe if he'd stay with me, he'd keep me under control:wink:......NAH...probably not :rotfl::rotfl:

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its 9:20pm here, so it would be 2:20am for you's, and i was out shopping again today, and bought some more plants :rotfl::rotfl:....why cant i "JUST SAY NOOOOOOOO":rotfl::rotfl:....but they sure are pretty :yho:
    Anyhoooo....enjoy your sleep and i am off to watch some TV for awhile.

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,665
    Good morning all my friends I hope you are all well,and feeling good:)
    its 3.50am and getting light,the dawn chorus of the birds is best described in musical terms ,a crescendo,Wishing you all a lovely weekend and please stay safe:)

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo and everyone, by woo your up with the larks guess your out walking with your beloved babies. suns just coming up here quite nice out there looks like another lovely day to be had.
    have a great day all

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Rosa and everyone,

Woo enjoy your doggy walks if you go out over the weekend:thumb:

Rosa hope you hear about your car today.These garages have had it long enough:(

Shiney hope the hedge cutting went off ok yesterday.We had some laural bushes in the garden of the bunglaow where we used to live and the old ladies who lived there hadn't touched them in years and they were over ten foot high and the roots went under the lawns and are still there now:DWe also removed a high privet hedge that went all down one side of the garden.Our neighbours hadn't been able to see across the gardens for years,although they saved a fortune as we were the ones that payed out to have all the wooden fencing put up around the garden:scratch:

Peri,we saw our first Golden Oriols when we were in France.We didn't hang around though because there were some Gypsy type characters hanging around and we didn't like the look of them so drove off to somewhere safer:(

Jazmine the pain from your teeth make me shudder.I have had abbcesses and they are not pleasant things.I even had a dentist take a tooth out when my face made me look like a hamster.It put me off going for seven years:( I make sure I go now every six months especailly as it is hard to get a NHS one:)

Penny,we know what you mean about keep buying plants.That is the problem when you are a plantaholic,though half the time we have nowhere to put them when we get them home:D

Well,I had my second injection yesterday.The Dr put it in down near my wrist yesterday and I can tell you this one was more painful than the first one and the spot wouldn't stop bleeding.:(I then went home and didn't do a thing for the rest of the day and just sat in the garden reading some gardening books and topping up my tan.:DWas annoyed though to find out that while i had nipped in the house for a drink I missed two Hurricane planes{which I heard} and the Vulcan bomber went over our village.How bad timing is that:mad:

Anyway,the sun was trying to come out earlier but has now decided to go into hiding,and I thought it was going to be nice today.:p

Anyway,hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,457
    Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a brilliantly sunny and hot day. A bit too hot for cutting hedges so I gave up after 4 hours. Another few hours should get this hedge done and I think I shall leave the others for another time. My shoulder has stood up well but I'm having trouble lifting my arms at the moment :hehe:. Holding a hedgecutter out at arms length trying to cut the top of the hedge is no joke. I'm working my way around the hedge but am not sure I can reach all the way to the middle. I'm trying to decide whether to get an extention for the cutter or to get someone in to make the laurel lower. It will need some quite hefty cutting gear to make it lower - and a lorry to haul it all away.

Kathy, I don't have a target goal in the garden except get out there and do what looks as though it has to be done :rotfl:. The hedges and lawn are a Forth Bridge type of job where I never quite catch up.

The bee orchids are just coming into to flower now and look lovely :thmb:

The sun is shining brightly now and the pheasants are making a racket outside as I need to fill up the birdfeeder.

I hope all of you with aches and pains are feeling better :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and shiney, its lovely here also glorious weather hope it stays like this tommorow as we are going into tynemouth village not far from us with friends to a few pubs there.
    kandy iff i dont hear from the garage by 10.30 going to call him and failing that calling renault garage were it is as this is ridiculous now, you right they have had it long enough its starting to annoy me now.
    have a great day

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,457
    Kathy, we do have a fairly large garden but not as large as some on GC :).
    The pheasants are wild but have been around for generations because we put food out. Oscar the cat gets on quite well with them. He's sitting on the green table on the left of the picture.

[​IMG]

We had some friends turn up unexpectedly so I had a break from gardening and knocked up a quick lunch of fritata and mustard mash. :thumb:

Back to the garden now. :)

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,665
    Top of the morning everyone,I do hope you are all well and OK, its a picture book June Sunday early morning,Birds whistling again,the sky is several shades of gorgeous Blue as the dawn light appears,thousands of Amber lights of my local town 3 miles in the distance from my house on the hill,The barking of a fox ,and the softly softly sound of the trickle of the slow moving water in the pond,aah its moments and sounds like this that stay in the memory:) anyway enough of this I digress .you all have a truly delightful and pleasant June Sunday and stay safe.:)