Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone,

I'm up early again this morning,can't see the point in lying in bed when it is a glorious day out there:D:snz:

Went over to the allotment yesterday morning with Mr Kandy and pulled up a load of fat hen weeds for my compost bin while Mr Kandy planted the leeks that I had sown some months back.It got really hot over there so didn't spend hours there like we usually do.

Had a look at our Victoria plum tree and it is laden with fruit this year and some of the branches are hanging quiet low to the ground:oops:Our Margery's Seedling hasn't got many on it this year so must be having a rest for once:hehe:

Came home with a carrier bag full of Broad Beans and I sat in the garden trying to pod them while Mr Kandy dug up the second of the lilac trees that was takig up too much room.It has given us more space now.This tree will go over to the allotment like the other one has done so at least they are not wasted:thmb: We had to keep going indoors to rest from the heat of the sun and eventually went back indoors at eight because I was being tickled to death by loads of greenfly that had hatched out :( and because Mr Kandy had finished his job:thmb: oh and I also watered the pots of plants that we seem to have everywhere:hehe:

Anyway,the sun is shining and this lunch time we are going for a wak round the village as it is our village gardens open day and there is twenty five gardens plus scarecrows to visit so we are going to be tired when we get back especially as it is goig to be another scorcher:p

Hope you all have a great day in everything you do:luv:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy and everyone, kandy sounds like you been very busy yesterday as you say that tree wont be wasted by going to allotment, lovely out here this morning hope it stays like this as we are going out later, play bingo at the club then off to tynemouth village to a few bars then on way back going for fish and chips not making dinner till tommorow so thats good not having to come in after a few drinks and put dinner on hehe.
    woo sounds delightful in your garden magic, how nice having all them lovely noises
    have a great day all

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning peri, just booked a taxi for later picking friends up, on way back from club we going to tynemouth market its in the metro station sell all sorts so we having a look around their before we go into the village.
    hope oh has found a place have a great day hope you get some great pics which im sure you will enjoy your day

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

It is a glorious day and we shall be going for a walk in the forest this morning :). I hope that you can all enjoy the day relaxing or doing what you want :yho:

Lovely words, Woo :ntwrth::)

Another four hour at laurel still didn't get it finished and I'm having a struggle getting to the middle of a wide section :scratch:. Apart from getting it cut lower in the autumn we are now thinking of having some of it removed. This will be a major job and we shall have to get our tree surgeon in to do it. Some of the trunks of the laurel are over 2ft wide and shall need stump grinding in order to turn the area into flower bed.

Kandy, it's good to hear that your Victoria plum is so laden :thumb:. Ours died from silver leaf the other year and we haven't replaced it. Our very old golden plum tree is doing well this year. It is rather large but the tree surgeon says that it is too old for him to prune it without danger of it dying. It is even older than me :old: :hehe:. Enjoy your lovely fresh broad beans :gnthb:

Kathy, A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to be visited by a Goldcrest. He spent most of a week jumping up and down on the windowsill of my office and I posted some pictures of him on GC. The bird people on here said that he was probably trying to seduce the reflection he could see in the window :hehe:. I hope your move goes well :thmb:. Where are you moving to?

rosa, enjoy your pub crawl and fish and chips :thumb:. A very British day out :yho: :hehe: :rotfl:

have a great day :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney enjoy your walk in the forest bet that will be a lovely walk and get some lovely pics, taxi coming at 11.30 weather still lovely so hoping it stays nice all afternoon. fish and chips just love them, have a lovely day

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, its very foggy here this morning doesnt look like its going to be a nice day today, had a great day yesterday the weather was fab then at teatime it changed and started raining, went back home with friends and got our fish and chips and we all enjoyed them, rosa had some also she enjoyed hers too.
    have a great day all

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone,

Rosa sorry to hear about the rain and fog.That must mean you are getting your car back today:D glad also that you enjoyed your afternoon out and your fish and chips,and I bet Rosa liked hers as well:hehe:

Had a very enjoyable although hot afternoon yesterday walking round the village visiting nearly 25 village gardens.{Two of them opened on Saturday only}We started at 12.30 and didn't get home until 5.30 and we were shattered by the time we had finished:oops: and you know how hot it was yesterday:D I think we must have walked miles and forgot how spread out the village is now:lollol:

Shiney,here are the Victoria plums that I was telling you about yesterday.I have already put them on here once though I must have clicked the wrong button because they vanished and because we were going out I logged out and didn't realise:dh:

Anyway,here are a couple of photo's of the plums,and I hope you all have a great day:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and peri, great pics kandy of the plums, and bet your right will get the car back when the weather is teribble it will be just typical.
    peri was a great day out loved the fish supper, i ended up with such a headache last night i went to bed at 9pm but doing that meant i was up at 5 this morning hehe.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    It's a late good morning today as I have had 17 phone calls keeping me busy since 7.30 this mornings00k.

Kandy, nice plums :hehe:

Kathy, here is the link to the Goldcrest

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/goldcrest-11692.html?t=11692

I didn't get my walk yesterday as we were too busy in the garden.

When I was searching for the Goldcrest thread I came across a thread I had put up about the cowslips in my garden and thought you may want to see it so here is a link

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/cowslip-primrose-and-14455.html?t=14455

rosa, I'm pleased you had a good day :gnthb:. Headache? Is that what you call it after you have been on a pub crawl? :hehe: :hehe: :rotfl: :flag:

Have a great day :D

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,' :D

Its sunny and warm here today, no rain until Wednesday, so that works for me. :yho:

I have a hair appointment at 12 today and this morning i am off to a friends house to get some perennials:hehe:, she is moving some beds around and seperating stuff, so i am getting some more :rotfl::rotfl:....just what i need right :flag::rotfl::rotfl:........but honestly, how can you refuse "free" perennials :yho::thmb:.....oh and i forgot to mention that i went into Home Depot here on Satursday and they had all their spring bulbs marked down from $8.98, to $1.00 :wink:....no way i could walk past that, they had 3 different kinds of Peony's, Dahlia's, Lillies, Purple Coneflowers, so i got..........30 packs :flag::help::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.....and then my friend Lynn tells me to come on out and help myself to some perennials............aaaaaah life is good :thmb::D

My husband is going to end up putting me in therapy...i can just see it :thmb::yho:.....oh and Lynn has a tomato plant that I'm not growing.......so i can just see it coming home with me today:hehe:
    I'm off now....gotta get one daughter up for school, this is her last week of Highschool and she graduates in 2 weeks....and my oldest doesnt work today, so she is sleeping in until its her hair appointment too......so have a great day everyone and i will pop in later and tell ya's how i made out :D:D:D

11. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Penny, a girl after my own heart when it comes to plants :) OH just looks at me in despair and asks "where is THAT going?" when I succumb. I just cannot leave a garden centre emptyhanded.

Shiney, don't work too hard today. Plums?? :hehe:

Rosa, you had a great time by the sounds of it.

Kandy did you do one of those open garden tours? I have seen those advertised but never been to one. OH would refuse!! I would adore seeing how other people have designed their gardens :)

Well we had a gorgeous day yesterday, went on a long boat trip on the broads, saw lots of nature close up and learned a lot about the city of Norwich too.
    Then OH took me for a meal so a most enjoyable day out.

This afternoon is dentist again. :mad:

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Thanks Jazmine.....looks like was share the same addiction huh :rotfl::thumb::thumb:

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    But what a lovely addiction :luv:
    I think my love of my garden has grown over the years, maybe it's all the back breaking work that has gone into it. I will have to see if I can scan from when the builders left it and how it is now. :)

14. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I would love to see some pictures:thumb:, and i am going to get some more good ones this week too, of my gardens:) and not just the veggies, but the perennial beds too.:gnthb:

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Kath,
    if you like the idea of looking at open gardens then there are some open this coming Sunday (supporting the RNLI) that may not be an enormous distance from you - depending on which part of Norfolk you live in.

They are in the village of Lode on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border (just near the A14). There will be four gardens open and each is a totally different style. At the edge of the village is Anglesey Abbey and Gardens (National Trust) that are definitely worth a visit as well.

We have some relations coming on Sunday and if they agree then we shall be going there as it is only a 40 minute drive. The open gardens are from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Anglesey Abbey is open from earlier until later than that. We shall probably visit the village gardens and then go to Anglesey Abbey for lunch before looking round their garden. Aren't I organised? :thumb: :hehe: :hehe:

One really lovely garden in the village is the home of Richard Ayres who is now retired but was the head gardener at Anglesey Abbey. Tea and cakes are usually available in his garden on open days. It isn't an enormous garden but is really interesting.

Maybe I shall see you there :thmb: :)

Here's a link to the RNLI site http://www.rnli.org.uk/who_we_are/events/event_detail?articleid=445074