Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi Penny, look forward to seeing your pics. I have to go up into that scary place THE LOFT to find the pics then scan them in if I can. Will have a go for you though. :)

I would like a reminder myself of what it looked like over 20 years ago! I know it was a mudbath and I had a baby in a buggy, bless.

Shiney, thanks so much for that info. Yes I love looking round gardens, I will research where they are then let you know if I am coming along. I will wear a red carnation :hehe:

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Kath, I'll be the one carrying a folded copy of the Gardening Forum magazine :rotfl: :rotfl:

Whoops! I forgot we don't have one :scratch: I'll have to think of something else:confsd:

3. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone, :)

Popping in, its 8:46pm here, so its 1:46am there:thumb:, but i did get some new plants today:yho:, i came home with 9 pots in total:thmb:, and i got some purple columbine's, yellow daylilly, and some hosta's.:yho:
    My friend Lynn is digging out for me, what i liked from her garden and bringing it over on Thursday for me, and i stopped and bought a blue berry bush and a raspberry bush........i know, i know.....i need to STOP:flag:................NAAAAAH:rotfl::rotfl:

Anyhow, i am off to read my book for awhile, so i will pop in again in the morning:thumb:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, up early this morning hubby left for airport and just got a call his flight been cancelled something wrong with the plane, hes booked on for tommorow so hes on his way back hehe.
    sounds like everyones had a busy day yesterday happy snapping and doing gardens.
    not heard anything about the car as yet hoping i get a call this morning to pick it up
    have a great day when you all get out of your beds.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Rosa,we shall have to stop meeting like this:hehe:

Sorry to hear about hubbys plane,but better to find the fault down on the ground rather than 40,000 ft up in the clouds:D

Hope you get the car back today.You wlll have to chase them Rosa,they won't ring you,mind you if that Richard took the car to them they might not have your number.You should have kept the Rover,as it was a nice car and never let you down.I would always have it at the back of my mind with this one that it would keep breaking down:(

Anyway hope you have a good day and that it stays dry for both of us:)

6. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    :hehe: at Shiney. Maybe wear a hat?? :hehe:

Morning friends :luv:
    Penny have got the pics as promised. I will upload them into my gallery called "my little sanctuary" Hubby scanned the pic for me. I knew he would come in handy one day :)

Rosa, better safe than sorry with your hubbys plane. An extra day with him! :luv: We have a Jaguar car now but OH had a Rover before and he loved it. He keeps saying he would go back to a Rover again. He loves his cars. As long as we have one I don't care what it is.

Morning Kandy.

Have a good day everyone.

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning Penny, rosa, Kandy and everyone,

It is a lovely sunny morning today after the thunderstorms yesterday. I just managed to get the mower into the shed before the heavens opened. The very loud thunder didn't bother Oscar as he continued to sleep on a chair in the car port :). We had flooding around here, our power was off for five hours and our phones were out for an hour but he didn't wake up :D

I put my office chair into the carport the other week as I had bought a new one. I was supposed to take it to the dump but Oscar has claimed it k-l. I suppose you could call that recycling. :hehe:

Penny, you carry on buying the plants :thmb: Someone has got to keep the economy going :rotfl:

rosa, I hope the car is better soon :thumb:

Kandy, did the last injection give you any more relief? I hope so :)

Kath, I thought of putting my bus pass into my hat band but remembered that I don't have a hat :scratch:. Ah well! Back to the drawing board :)

Kath, you posted whilst I was typing this. Did you put the hat idea into my mind by telepathy? :hehe:

Have a great day :D

8. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    :lollol:

I will wear a hat then. I just treated myself to a pretty sunhat :lollol:

9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi Jazmine......
    I havent gotten any pics just yet, all i have is the camera on my phone, and it takes OK pictures, our actual camera is at our shop with my husband, he took it to take some pictures of a machine that he made, but has promised to bring it home tonight :gnthb::gnthb:

:)Good morning everyone,

Its going to be sunny and warm again today, a high of 77 [​IMG]

I've mopped the floors, and vaccumed, and just having my coffee until its time to get the girls up, one for school and one for work.:thumb:

So have a great day everyone, I'm off to play in the garden :yho:

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668

:idea::idea: heeeey.....thats what i am going to tell my husband :yho::yho::rotfl:

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,

Looks like i am first on here this morning:hehe:

Shiney my hand was quiet sore after the anesthetic had worn off from the injection but it feels better as the days go on,although when I get up in the mornings it is usually ok but starts to feel sore as the day goes on.The Dr said they only do two injections and mumbled something about eight months so I am not sure if that is how long it will be before it gets better:scratch:

Peri,sounds like you had a good day with the bird watching.I need to get a new pair of bino's but they seem so expensive these days.It would cost more to repair mine than what they are worth and as they are fifiteen+ years old it isn't worth it.:(

Jazmine hope you teeth problems are settling down a bit and that you get them sorted soon:thumb:

Rosa,hurry up and get that car back.Your weather forecast for today doesn't look that hopeful:(

Well,I went over to the allotment yesterday afternoon to clear out the small shed because it needs some repairs doing to it on the window frame and one of the bearers at the bottom.I started the clearing out the day before so wanted to get the rest of it done before it rains.We have a small Honey Bee colony nesting in there,the same as we had last year.They are nesting in some plastic that the rats chewed up that were living in their last year and which I have poisoned to kill them off.Anyway,unbeknown to me one of these bees had landed on my T.shirt and it decide to sting me on my chestical:oops::mad: I thought it was only a small sting but by the time I got home and took my Tshirt off the inflammation was the size of a ten pence piece but since checking it this morning it is the size of a 50p and 10p together,ouch I don't know how much bigger it is going to spread but at least it isn't painful.:p

Anyway,the weather here is good at the moment and I have to go back over to the lottie as we have loads more raspberries to pick and I forgot to take a container over with me yesterday to put them in:p

Hope you all have a great day:)

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning Kandy and everyone,

Kandy, I hope the swelling on your chestical gets better soon :hehe: :hehe:. It sounds as though your hand is going to take some time to recover :(. Maybe you should have got the been to sting you on your hand. I have heard that bee stings can sometimes sort out joint problems.

Peri, I honestly don't remember anything about the photo competition - senior moment :old:. As you seem to like the travel photos here are a couple of links to some of the other threads I have done.

Egypt: -

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/shiney-egypt-4321.html?t=4321

World Deserts:-

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/shineys-deserts-5735.html?t=5735

Yesterday was a hot day and this morning it has started off nice and sunny. I did a lot of grass cutting but have still got to finish off that laurel hedge - been giving it a rest whilst my arms and shoulders recover :).

I think that Oscar is turning into a fetishist :hehe:. Yesterday he brought us another headless rabbit s00k. I don't think I know how to explain to him that he is a very good hunter but we worry about what he is doing with the heads :D

Have a great day :gnthb:

13. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Kandy, you are the earlybird today!
    Ohh sorry to hear about the sting on your "chesticles" :mad: How very inconsiderate of the bee to sting you in a delicate "lady place" :roll: Usually bee stings hurt!
    Have a lovely day on your allotment- the sun is out here and I hope it is out for you.

Shiney morning!!
    I think you or Mrs Shiney need to sit Oscar down and give him a little talk :D

Laurel hedges are a real task - they can soon get out of hand. I hope you manage to get on with it.
    I am up very early :hehe: because OH had to get up at 5am to go off on a job. Very inconsiderate of him :lollol:
    The sun is out, the day is my own so I will head for my garden of course :gnthb:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, shiney, jazmine and everyone. its a bit dull out there this morning, im most upset not hearing about my car in fact its starting to aggrivate me now.
    kandy sorry to hear about the bee stinging you on such a delicate area maybe you should go to the doctors with it been that big the sting by the way not your chesticles haha sorry couldnt resist that.
    hubby went off at 3.30 this morning back to africa his plane must be ok as not had a call he will be in france now waiting for his malabo flight.
    going to do a bit of shopping this morning cheer myself up a bit want some new mugs and tea towels from B&M bargains and have a look around at other things, bought some parasol lights yesterday at tescos so ive hung them in inside seating area of balcony on ceiling gives me a bit of light in there at night.
    have a great day all

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all.

Bit hectic here one of my lovely neighbours has been hit hard, lost his job and now is loosing his house too, its such a great shame because they are really nice people but I do wonder when the house is sold off what sort of neighbours we will get.

On the plus side Bob has got yet another allotment and yes you may have guessed it one not worked for 25 years + . I am happy about it as I get to dig again which will stretch and ease my back as due to only light weeding it has started to play up again I have got morphine for it but refuse to use it unless I'm screaming in pain which I feel really ashamed to admit I have done in the past.:o

Well it looks like rain so it's movie time for Bob and I.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.