Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,428
    Afternoon all! Had a good downpour this morning but the sun is out now and it's 22C. The predicted thunderstorms didn't come last night and our rain forecast for four days is diminishing. Think Gordon may pass us by! [​IMG]

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi all i have been to see the doc. bout my left leg cos the pain the last 2 days has been unbearable.He said i have arthritis & my hip might need doing sometime.I have been so upset over this but am trying hard to be rational,can't seem to settle to anything.

3. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hI gOGS - SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LEG, WHAT A SHOCK FOR YOU. a FRIEND OF MINE HAS JUST HAD HER HIP DONE AND ALTHOUGH STILL RECOVERING the pain is better already so if you have to have it done, it will be worth it. Little comfort probably when youre feeling low about it I know :( But we are here for youxx

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,428
    Poor you, Gogs! My cousin had his hip done a year ago and now regrets it. In saying that, we know someone else who has had both replaced and is fine! Hopefully, it doesn't come to that and that you can get some relief for the discomfort in the meantime.

Perhaps moving to a warm, sunny climate would help? [​IMG] Get better soon!

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Gogs.Sorry to hear about your Arthritis.I have been suffering with it for quite a few years,so know how you must be feeling.

When I first developed it,someone recommended African Devils Claw which is a natural Anti Inflammatory.We got some from the local Health Food shop and I started on them straight away.
    Within weeks I was pain free.I find the effects last for quite a few months before it flares up again,which is usually in the winter months.

When my friend couldn't get her wedding ring off because her finger joint had swollen up so much,she had a blood test done which confirmed the condition.Her Doctor just told her to take Ibuprofen tablets.

Hope this Information helps,and I hope you start feeling better soon [​IMG]

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,428
    My friend here who is a Masseure and believes in natural medicine firmly believes and uses Devil's Claw ... even on her dogs!

Also agree on the "drug" front that Ibuprofen works. You can get Brufen 600 here from the chemist, no prescription!

7. DAG

DAG Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    wildflower put me onto Devil's Claw, and it did the trick for me! ;)

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    LOL.I used Devil's claw on Tina,but it failed,she did a bit better on Green Lipped Mussle,but I think it was a bit too late for her,as the Arthritis had gone too far,but anything is worth a try

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi every one.Had wind all yesterday and throughout the evening.Nice weather yesterday for drying the washing.
    Looks like we had rain overnight and it is still raining now.Very dark as well.
    The winter weather is on its way brrrrrr.

Have a great day in all you do.At least it is Friday thank goodness :D

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,428
    Morning folk. We're cloudy-ish today and a wee bit cooler but it's very pleasant. We're still supposed to have some light rain tomorrow.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, very warm here its amazing these past couple of days summer all over again, yippy.
    thought i had better tell you now just on phone to bt changing from tiscali to to them, i will be transferred friday 29th this month got a great deal with them, i can even plug my lap top anywere on their hotspots internet cafes, hotels airports.

12. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi macleaf, great news isnt it, other half is away up to bank now to cancel tiscali. and i should be switched over by next friday to bt.
    got to get the computer technician to take this machine away to get rid of these errors on my machine.

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,428
    Hey, Rosa, if you get better service from BT like not getting logged out of GC, you'll be able to make more posts ... did you know you are now the third highest poster? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. macleaf

macleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0