Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Rosa and all.

Natalie/Penny I had to search to find out what 'Timmy's' was ..... we live a very sheltered life over here!:hehe:

Kathy good luck with the move I hope all goes well only done it once (moving that is :hehe:) in our entire married life and don't intend of doing it again, when we 'move' next it will have to be in a wooden box or maybe a cardboard one as there is a lovely 'green' cemetery just down the road from us!:old:

Kandy you seem to be in the wars sweetie do take care and don't over do things although if you feel like it you can come visit me and do my ironing I promise that there will be a reward in it for you..... maybe a nice cream cake.:D

Kandy we are not worried now about the 'Mr.Nasty' down on the plots I'm sure it 'kills' him to see how well Bob and I get on with the others down there always laughing and joking where Mr.Nasty and his two cronies are just miserable so-and-so's.

Kandy I have to confess we do own a little bit of land (a couple of villages away) which we brought off an allotment site, if we could have walked to it we would have 'worked' that site but sadly that's beyond us as to get there are just country lanes and then an awful busy death trap of a main road with no paths it's maddness to even imagine walking there us so we too are just waiting for the developers to move in...sorry.:(

Rosa I do so feel for you with your car what a total nightmare your having such a pity it's pass the 28 days otherwise you could have demanded your money back and passed the blinking car back to the dealer and told them where he can put it!

Bob's already cut back the other allotment now just need the weather to improve so we can get burning!

Have a nice day guys and enjoy whatever you do.Hel.xxx.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, the car hasnt gone over its 28 days yet, waiting to hear from son in law his friend runs our local renault dealer so hes finding out on their computer whats going on with it, just waiting to hear now as someone has got to pick up the bill and im certainly not paying it, its just a complete nightmare and thanks for your concern.
    have a lovely day its glorious here i should of been going out in the megane

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

Penny, we haven't been to Canada yet as we are saving the shorter journeys for the time when we find the extra long-haul ones to tough for us :old:. Since I retired our main holiday each year has been between 14 and 26 hour flight times. We both worked 60+ hours a week for over 40 years so that we could go visiting the out-of-the-way places in our twilight years :hehe:. So, with a bit of luck we shall make it to Canada within the next 30 years :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kandy, Our lounge looks so different that we can't imagine it being the same room. I especially love my new armchair :gnthb:. I have finished the laurel (well, that particular one) and am recovering. Tracey doesn't do hedge cutting or mowing or lawn edging etc. She only deals with plants - and does the digging and weeding. Here is a picture of the top of the laurel, which is 8ft high.

[​IMG]

and a picture of Mrs shiney trying to catch up on some weeding after we were in the Lakes. You can see that the aquilegia have now all seeded - and that Mrs shiney bought herself a hat in Vietnam :rotfl: :rotfl:

[​IMG]

Have great day :D

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Its sunny here but calling for rain later today and right up until Sunday, but its going to be warm, so thats ok (i guess).:thumb:

We have a family reunion tomorrow (oh joy), and figures that it will rain.:hehe:

Today is my youngest daughters last day of exams and last day of school for that matter, and yep....she's excited. Next Friday is her highschool graduation.:D

So Shiney....shall i schedule a BBQ in about....ooooh 30 years then.:rotfl::rotfl:

Peri, if you ever get over this way...you have to see the Falls, they are gorgeous:gnthb:...i have some pics in my photobucket that i took the last time we were there(2 years ago).....i'll post them for you.:thumb:

Helofadigger....Timmys is great coffee, but very addicting......i live in a town of about 18 thousand and we have 5 of them here :rotfl::rotfl:

5. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
  6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    First picture is the Canadian Falls, and the second pic is the American Falls.

[​IMG]

7. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Taken from up the Skylon tower, on the right is Canada, and on the left is the USA

[​IMG]

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Last one....Canadian Falls at night

[​IMG]

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Hi Penny Just cracking photos and outstanding scenery,thanks for sharing them.:)

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Thank you for fixing them for me too.

11. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Great photos, they look fine to me Penny.:gnthb:

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Thanks, i had Wiseoldowl fix them, they were too big.....ooops!

13. scillygirl

scillygirl Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everyone,
    Just realised how long it's been since I last posted...I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't been near the computer!
    The week before last we had a whole week of hot, sunny days :yho:! Pretty rare here. We wondered if that was this year's summer over with, but more is forecast for next week !!
    We've been hard at work on our veg plot, and the new garden at home. I've taken lots of pictures for my thread in Garden Projects, but haven't had time to put them on yet. I'm nearly at the stage of planting a big collection of plants which are begging to be taken out of their pots, so will do that then sort out all the photos.:)

Had a quick read through of everything I missed, and was really impressed with the photos of Oscar. Not only a photogenic fellow, but he knows how to display himself against a flattering background!k-l

Hope everyone's projects are going well. I must do some more catching up and try to improve my attendance record :oops:

Have a great weekend :):)

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Good morning all my friends,I trust you are all well and OK,Everyone have a good day today and enjoy your weekend,and don,t forget take care out there and please stay safe:)

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone,

Well we have had some of the wet stuff overnight so looks like I shall be spending some time indoors today.Mr Kandy has to work all day so he will be shattered when he gets home tonight:p

Shiney,I had a look at your hedge and was astounded at the width of it.How do you tackle the bit in the middle?Is there a reason for having a hedge that big? Love Mrs Shiney's hat.We have a light shade up in our bedroom that shape but ours is in blue:hehe: I quiet like those Tilly Indestructable hats but they look a bit silly on me,though in fact any hat seems to look silly on me:D

Glad you like the new room.I should think you will do the rets of it now ready for when you and Mrs Shiney retire:lollol:

Penny lovely photos of the falls,especially like the night time one:gnthb:

Peri,sounds like you are going to be busy with all that packing.Good Luck with the move and hope the new place is good for you:thmb:

Helen,no worries with you being a land owner:ntwrth: If we owned land and needed the money for later in life then we would probably be in the same position as you and would sell it when the time was right.I have always fancied owning my own woodland and fancied calling it Kandy's Wood:D but that will be a dream for a long time to come.We hve had our allotment plots for nearly twenty nine years so you can imagine after planting all our fruit trees and bushes and working the land for so long that we don't really want houses plonking on the top of it.Mind you if we sold up and moved away we would have to give the plots up anyway:D

Scillygirl,you must have read my mind.I was only thinking yesterday that you had vanished.Glad to hear you have glorious weather:thumb:.It has gone back to being like winter here again but at least the plants are getting watered :)

Rosa, please hurry up and get the car fixed as I want the good weather to return,although they reckon it is going to improve tomorrow for us:D

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:).Looks like I shall be working indoors today having a declutter and getting more stuff we don't need any more recycled and out of the house:hehe: