Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi everyone,

Have supper on the go, but i went back outside and planted some Dahlia's, Lillies, Coneflowers, Hosta's, and a Blue berry bush and a raspbery bush, other then the 2 fruit bushes, everything else was bulbs. I still need to figure out a spot for my Peony bulbs, i have 3 different kinds...oh and i planted a climbing rose bush.
    I am done for the day...just have the hose on, incase it doesnt rain later.

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The big question though is, are you ready for it? Are you :yho:, :rotfl: or :( ?

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    I recognise all those plants Penny except the cone flowers?

You have had a busy day, puts my bit of weeding and tidying to shame.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Good morning all my friends Its a beautiful morning as always you have a good day and please stay safe.:)
    One I made earlier at 5am:hehe:
    [align=center][​IMG][/align]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, nice pic woo great colours, its sunny here a little overcast, just been having coffee on my balcony nice and warm out there.
    have a great day all

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Looks like it might be a beautiful day today and guess what,I have lots to do and not enough time to do it in.:hehe:

Hope you all have a good one:)

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning all :)

Off to get my hair done then going out to the coast with hubby-the weather is sunny :thumb:

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Rosa, Kandy, Jazmine and all.

Once again Woo a really lovely 'morning' snap shot so very golden well done.

Penny good luck with the graduation on friday our children grow up so very quickly don't they? I did worry about when my sons went to college/ Uni I thought that's it now it will not be long before my mothering days of three boys (that's Bob included in there :hehe:) will be down to just one although I shouldn't have worried too much as both said 'Where else will we can to stay for free and get looked after so well!

Glad to hear that the weather has improved for you Penny that was a long time coming!

Peri hope the move goes smooth and quick I remember our move I sorted the plants out I wanted to take before I even started in the house.... I mean we gardeners have to get our priorities right!:D

***WARNING RANT***
    Bob and I started to get stuck into the side garden and we had made a couple of trips to the local skip when Dan phoned to say he was stuck some 25 miles away with no speedo working he called the RAC and was told by them that they wouldn't come out to him which is odd as we have one of the best covers with the RAC home start, recovery, onward travel etc. for the whole family but was instead told to carefully make your way to a local garage!:cnfs::mad:

I couldn't believe that I mean we were with the AA for 20 years and never had a problem of what they will or will not come out to aid us with, one year all three boys even left their car keys in the locked cars and the AA came out and sorted that out for the boys one time I had to even say 'It was me who left the keys in' to save the blushes of one of our sons on that occasion the patrol man just rolled his eyes at my son as if to say 'women what are they like? my son had the cheek to say 'I know what you mean mate!

So Bob and I ended up going to aid Dan and found out it was only a blown fuse, it's so maddening as surely the RAC should have come out to him?:mad:

The only reason we have changed sides from AA to RAC was that due to our spendage through Tesco's clubcard points each year we get enough points to cover our car breakdown cover which was costing us around £200 per year with the AA but since we had our cover we have never had need to use it until now. The annual top-up is due in October and I'm not sure if I should renew it with RAC but maybe instead bite the bullet and go back to the AA.

I'm going to make a complaint to the RAC as I'm far from happy about everything!

Rant over sorry guys but that really bugged me, hope the weather stays nice for you all to enjoy.Hel.xxx.

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, that is unbelievable the rac not coming out i cant believe that, so what you paying the rac for, i would complain and iff that happened to me think i would go back to AA.
    well ive more problems myself the car has had injectors done and its still the same now last thing on list its definately the fuel pump, so renault garage calling the garage were we bought car to see what he wants to do as its £800 plus all the other expenses, im not bothered now its not my problem he either gets it done or im taking the rover back and my money we gave him towards the megane, anyway will find out more at lunchtime, thats my day out tommorow abandoned again, helen thats my rant over also.
    cars they bring nothing but aggrivation at times.
    weather lovely here

morning kandy and jazmine have a lovely day in the glorious weather

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

Helen, you go and give them a piece of your mind :thumb:. I'd ask them to pay for you coming out and fixing it as it was something that they could have done easily.

rosa, I hope they eventually sort it out for you :)

woo, what a beautiful sunrise to witness and thanks for capturing it for us :gnthb:

Jazmine, have a good day out :thmb:. As you are going to the seaside are you taking your 'kiss me quick' hat with you? :hehe:

Everyone have a wonderful day :D

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone, :)

Its going to be hot here again today:D, so i've been out and watered already, had my shower, and now just having my morning coffee.:thumb:
    Dont think i am going to do much today, i did it all yesturday. :gnthb:

What a gorgeous sunrise WOO.....you made that huh :hehe:...Nice :thmb:

Hmmmm, someone asked what a Coneflower is....its a Echinacea flower, its native to North America, but very easy to grow from seed

Well i just tried posting a link, and i cant do it, so Google, purple coneflower, and you'll see it, very very pretty, i have the pink and the white one.
    If anyone wants seeds later on this year, let me know, and i can save some for you.

12. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :D No not at all, thanks, i couldnt get it to post for me :thumb:

They are a really pretty flower, and while the pink is my favorite, the white is nice, there are actually a few kinds, i have seeds for the one called Green Wizard, but forgot to grow them this year :rotfl:.....i really wanted them and had them sent to me too, and totally forgot.....my husband said i had a "blonde moment":hehe::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As i said too, if anyone would like some seeds later this year, let me know.

13. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't that the norm? I hope you've found the time and then some to sit and relax. I've had a wonderful morning putzing around in the garden, sitting out having a cup of tea. Now have lunch made and having a few girlfiends over for a lazy lunch in the sun. Ain't life grand?

14. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Hi all :)

Thanks for explaining about the cone flowers Penny. They were the only ones I had not heard about!
    I would love some seeds in fact ANY seeds you could send if we can sort the postage payment out etc? Maybe a pm here? It would be lovely to see if I could get them to grow- I have to say I am not too good with seeds but if you send me some instructions with them and I will post some pics if [I mean WHEN] they grow. :hehe: My sweet peas were a bit of a disaster again.
    Have just this morning come in and having a cup of tea so will catch up later when I can sit down!

Shiney yes I tokk my "kiss me quick " hat but I couldn't find you :yho:

I think you ran the other way......:luv:

15. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    I sent you a PM Jazmine.

No problem, i can send you off some seeds, and then these ones when they are ready.