Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Sorted! Thanks Penny, let me know if there is anything I can send you from England won't you? :)

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Rosa I wonder if trading stardards can help? might be worth a try sweetie.

Rosa/Shiney/Peri-I am going to try and sort something out with the RAC I mean it's just not on Dan unlike his dad or his brother Haz doesn't know a thing about cars (other than where to put the petrol :hehe:) and he likes to go away for a couple of days every so often which is why it's so important for him to have the reassurance of a breakdown cover.

Well as you know my neighbours have 'lost' their house and have been good with us all along so it has come as a complete shock to find that although the family and furniture have moved into their new rental their two dogs are still at home and have been for the last 4 days alone!

Someone calls in to see to them although it appears not to be the same time of day once it was 10am in the morning the very next day 11 at night! The dogs are either given the run of the house and locked up through the day or left with the back door open (even through the night) and given the run of the garden as well as the house I wouldn't mind but the dogs have started to bark loud through the night and as one is a Boxer and the other is a very nasty Boxer/American Mastiff cross you can imagine the noise.

I was thinking of leaving them a note to please take their dogs along with them but does this sound too cheeky?

Well yesterday I managed to give the decking it's annual re-coat so it's once again looking fresh and new. Looks like it could well rain which would be nice I have to admit as it might cool it down a wee bit for Bob and I to work in as we both struggle in the heat.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

Jazmine, the problem was that I saw lots of people with those hats and couldn't work out which was you. Mrs shiney put her foot down after the sixth one :hehe:. If you want some seeds then you only need to look at the thread on 'Exchanges' (near the bottom of the home page) and click on the 'Seed swap - not the seed parcel' thread. LittleMissRoadRage does a really good job of organising it. You don't need to send any seeds as she has loads of them. All you need to do is pick what you want and tell her. She will then tell you to send her a return envelope and how much postage to put on it. Easy-peasy :gnthb:. There is a very long list of seeds, flowers and veggies/herbs.

Helen, that doesn't sound too good about the dogs. Maybe they aren't allowed to have them where they are and are trying to sort out a home for them. I think that you should definitely leave them a note and ask what they are doing about the dogs because the dogs are not at all happy. If they do nothing I think that you will need to call the RSPCA.

I've been out and done some gardening this morning before it gets too hot. We have 15 tom plants on the patio beneath our pergola and all of them are doing well and have fairly large fruit on them already. Unfortunately the blackfly have found them :mad: so I shall have to do something about it :scratch:.

Lots to do - as usual :)

Have a great day :D

4. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:

Hel, I would think a note explaining that the dogs appear to be distressed would be reasonable. I don't agree that they should be left alone. :(
    It's hot here and no gardening for me because I am having a "girlie" day out with my friend who is recovering from spending seven months in hospital. She is starting to ease back into doing things but likes somebody with her so it's coffee, food then shopping for us. :yho:

Enjoy your gardens everyone :)

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb:Morning everyone, haven't been in here in ages.. My mornings are rretty busy these days though so not complaining.. Nice to see everyone is well & enjoying your gardens & Lotties & also new & old faces too..! :thmb:

:thmb:Hel say a big Hi to Bob, Hope he is doing OK.. :wink: You can tell him I am pleased to say my blood tests are going to every 3months now & I haven't had a cold....!!:yho:

Anyway, have a lovely day everyone whatever you ae up to..!:thmb:

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, helen have you called the rac yet as your son doesnt want that happening again and them not coming out.
    your neighbours dogs it does sound like they are not allowed pets in their new place but to leave them their for 4 days now are they coming around to water and feed them, i would just leave a little note just to say your concerned and could they pop into to see you as you want to explain something to them, iff rspca get to find out that they are home alone they will take the dogs away.
    and lastly the car its not the injectors now garage dont know what it is so renault technical guys are coming out this morning to check it out arriving from their main dealer so back to square one, i had so many plans to go out with car this week and its all knocked on the head till i get car back anyway as soon as i hear anything let you know.
    have a wonderful day weather is superb

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its going to be another scorcher here, its already 82 here and they say we will hit the upper 90's, and add the humidity!!

I've already been out and watered, had my shower and vaccumed and mopped the floors here, oh and chased a seagull away from my garbage, finally went and got the can and put the bag in there, DARN THINGS~~!!!!!

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon everyone,

Bit late on here today due to the fact that I overslept a bit this morning due to being woken up in the night by Mr K having cramp in his leg and then later on Willow brought a mouse upstairs and was playing with it until he had had enough and then decided to jump up on the bed and drop it on the quilt for us:(

I was over at the allotment by 8.30ish and have spent the morning weeding, watering, and harvesting our shallots raedy for drying.When the sun got too much I left at 12.40pm and haven't been home long.I am watching the ladies tennis at the moment inbetween doing this post and getting something to eat.I will then have a shower and no doubt find something else to do before I go off baby sitting tonight for a short while.

Hope you are all having a good day and enjoying this beautiful weather:luv:

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Good morning all my friends I trust you are all feeling good and have slept well,enjoy your day and please take care:)

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

It is a glorious day out there today although we have a bit of a breeze.:) I'm going to spend some time in the garden today getting the last of the potted plants put out in the borders and will also start to try and dig up all our Day Lillies to destroy them as they have that dreaded mite and even though I sprayed them last and this year the buds are all ruined so the whole lot has got to come out and I am annoyed because one clump has been in the border for eight years and had started to look really good but there is no point in keeping the plants if they have been ruined.:) From what someone was saying on one of the threads you can't grow Day Lillies in the infected soil for years so will have to fill it up with something else:)

Sorry I haven't got time to answer everyones posts as I am not a fast typer and it would take me the best part of an hour to get it done,but I have read all of them and hope that all the dog,car,moving,gardening etc problems are sorted out soon:thumb:

Must dash as I need to make a start because there are some good mens and ladies tennis coming up this afternoon so won't to get as much work done before i get lazy for a couple of hours:hehe:

Hope you all have a brilliant day and do take care.:luv:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning peri, woo, kandy and everyone, its a little dull out there but quite warm.
    ive heard nothing about the car so i dont know whats going on, all i know is that the renault techician was going to the garage yesterday to see iff he could find the fault as now its not the injectors after they put them in, its really doing my head in now, anyway cant do anything and cant see me getting it back for this weekend, i had so many plans for this week knocked on the head now with not getting car back.
    have a great day

12. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Morning friends :luv:
    Glad to hear everyone here is ok [Rosa - just hoping that you get your car back and you can start to enjoy it :)

Well, got tons to do here today as always and I thought we had both retired :help: [OH decided to put a small waterfall in the pond while I was out yesterday and I need to sort my plants out!]

Must get cracking.
    Enjoy yourselves whatever you are doing today. :luv:

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Rosa, Jaz, Peri and all.

Marley it's so nice to hear from you darling, I'm so pleased to hear about your blood tests now that is really good news and as for no colds now thats a great bonus!:wink:
    Bob's doing ok still fighting all the way the doctors can't believe how he is coping nor me either and his kidney function has stabilsed too, these past couple of months it's been at 21% which is great.... at least for him!:hehe:

Rosa your car woes are so like ours with our Renault I think the real problem is that the normal basic grease monkeys sorry 'Mechanics' can't master the complex wiring system etc. of these cars we saw all of them trying to read the wiring system from a sheets of paper that they got from the Renault garage it was so funny by the look on their faces the paper-work might as well had been upside down! :doh:

After our new turbo unit and engine they found out there was a problem with a wiring loop.....whatever that is!

Shiney/Peri/Rosa/Jazmine after staying in all day yesterday to monitor the dog situation I found out to my horror that nobody tended to the dogs. I have left a note on their door as by 12.30 am this morning still nobody had been.

I can't see if the dogs have any food or water as our hedges are well over six foot high and neither Bob nor myself are brave enough to climb over it as the biggest dog (as I said before) is really nasty.
    Will try to put some food /water over for the dogs today but after that it's going to be out of our hands I am really shocked to find myself in this situation but if they don't come today or I can't get the food/water over to the dogs I will get in touch with the RSPCA which is something I don't like to do but then again what other choice do I have?

Rosa/Peri the dog situation is taking all our time at the moment but rest assured I will be getting in touch with the RAC and sorting something out with them otherwise if we are not happy it's back to the AA where we never had any problems.

Peri sorry if I missed any post where you might have mentioned things about your move but may I ask have you far to travel to your new home?
    Good look with your sorting out girl!:flag:

Kandy not been able to go over to the allotment as I have a poorly lad to look after just because he's nearly 21 doesn't mean his mummy can't nurse him better but honestly poor Harry has been having it rough hopefully today he will be feeling much better, when the boys are poorly they do feel so bad about me fussing over them but that's my job and I love it!:luv:

Jazmine hope you and your friend had a lovely day yesterday nothing better than a chat and a couple of cream cakes to make a girl feel better! Your waterfall sounds lovely once it's done show us some snaps.

Going to try and find the work place of my naughty neighbours and get them to come and collect their dogs wish me luck!

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Good morning everyone,

I've done some of the mowing already this morning with a lot more to go :(. I want to do it before it gets to warm out there.

I bought a new reel yesterday for putting our extension hose on as it is dificult to keep it tidy otherwise. We now have three hose reels. One runs down towards the back of the garden. One covers the main lawn, patio and front garden and the extension hose gets used to reach the front of the front garden and the back of the back garden :scratch: :hehe:.

I try not to do too much watering (apart from the veggies) but we have put in so many new plants in the last year (nearly 100) that they need regular watering until they are properly established.

I've just checked my diary and see that I have a meeting this morning :scratch: - I must have had a senior moment :old: and forgot :)

Got to plan some meals as we have friends for lunch tomorrow and some for dinner Saturday night.

I suppose I had better get my finger out :hehe:

Have great day :D

15. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Brekkie time :) Bit late here as OH got up to be at a pckup for 6am, nobody arrived, he checked his email and it is for 6pm :hehe: Senior moment methinks....

Hel I had a lovely day thanks. There were a few tears and I had to keep reassuring her she would be ok but we had a great time and she was very appreciative of the support and insisted on treating me to coffee and cakes.

Shiney, I am looking everywhere for a bright pink "kiss me quick" hat - one that stands out in the crowd :lollol: I think you have a new hobby...collecting hosepipes....:cnfs: I get "ticked off" by OH when I use the hose as I never put it away. That's his job :scratch: