Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon everyone,

Spent three hours over at the lottie this morning picking the next lot of raspberries,the first of the spring sown Broad Beans,and digging up a carrier bag and a halff of Suttons Foremost new spuds.:D I've enjoyed a nice bowl of Strawberries{shop bought}Raspberries {own grown} with Vanilla Ice cream underneath.:DI will add a photo at the end.

Have been and spent some time with Monty our neighbours dog and we had great fun with the hose pipe and I got some good water shots.:D

I have podded the beans and some of them will be eaten by Mr Kandy at tea time.:)

I've got the winter quilt and our pillows washed and are drying on the line so well pleased with that job done:D

Just watching the ladies tennis so will have to catch up with you all later if that is ok.Oh and the temperature is 82f at the moment and I am melting and will be more so after seeing to Monty again at tea time.:p

Hope you are all having a nice day:).....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:)

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning - Kandy - those strawberries and raspberries.......look absolutely delicious! Hmmm, somehow cereal for breakfast this morning just doesn't do anything for me! I have to get down to our alotment this afternoon as I know there's strawberries there for the picking :)

Hope everybody's got a great day in store for them - a little rain here last night, seems to have cooled things a little, for now anyway.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,465
    Good morning everyone,

It rained in the night but I don't know how much. The temp is already 19C and it is sunny. They have forecast the possibility of rain around lunchtime but I won't hold my breathe as it rarely rains in shineyland :hehe:. In the last three months our village has got only half of the average rainfall for this area. Just over one inch per month - they publish all the details and graphs in the village mag each month.

I spent an hour and a half yesterday spraying the blackfly on the beans with diluted washing up liquid so they must be very clean now :rotfl: :rotfl:. The only trouble is that they must have got their friends the mozzies to have a go at me. I've got two really nasty bites on my thigh :mad:. I usually put on my gardening trousers when working out there but didn't bother yesterday :doh:

Helen, I didn't get to the stage of finding out whether they wanted a 'reduced' fee for the insurance as the car is now booked in later but I am sure they will ask. I overheard them asking for £10 + VAT for insurance from someone else. My car is not a year old yet and they (as represantatives of the manufacturer) are 'legally obliged to keep me mobile' whilst it is in for warranty work. I haven't read the detail of the law but I don't know whether they may be entitled to offer me a bike :hehe:

They are entitled to ask me for insurance but that would be very poor customer relations. I don't think they care about that as I didn't buy the car from them. None of this will matter as I am covered under my own insurance and shall take my certificate and policy schedule with me :D. It specifies that I am covered for a courtesy car as long as the engine size is no bigger than 1700cc.

I hope you all have a great day and don't have too nasty thunderstorms that are forecast for some areas :D

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Well we finally have the rain.:yho: I got up just after six and have been answering emails and having brekkie and thought as it looked like it would rain and after hearing some rumbling of thunder decided to get Mabel cleaned out and fed quickly before it started.I just about got it finished when the heavens opened{7.30am} and it is chucking it down here now although it is still very humid and my forehead is leaking unless of course I am having one of those sweats that the old ladies keep talking about:lollol:

Shiney glad to ear you got the curtesy car sorted especilly when you let them know about you being :old:er,though I wouldn't have minded seeing you walk eighteen miles:hehe::flag:How did you know I was thinking of Mergoles? I have supposidly grown some this year as I know they are later than the usual ones but as yet I am only getting red flowers on my beans not the yellow/white ones of the mergoles so don't know what has gone wrong there:( I've got bitten as well{right thigh} and thought i must have got bitten when I was over at the allotment.I only started scratching last night as well:D I am hoping that the heavy rain washes off the blackfly off of our beans as I haven't got time to go round rubbing all the leaves:(

Shiney,I see what you mean about lack of beds.We live in a three bed but Mr Kandy has the third one as his den so only have the other bedroom and that is full of bookshelves and my bike trainer:lollol:You saying about Hotels in Paris.I was looking at Yew Tree Farm up in the Lakes for our Thirtieth next year but looking at the prices for this year can't justify spending £1,000 for a weeks accomadation.:( I would rather put that towards paying off some of our mortgage:D

Natalie,didn't realsie you had an allotment.What part of the country are you from if you don't mind me asking.Are you down in the lovely South where everything is normally further on than us in the Midlands?

Peri,Monty loves the jet from the hose pipe,although I am not very good at getting the timing right with the photos and jetting him:D

Helen hope the allotment is going well and you sound like us staying down there until late.We used to do that when we lived in the same village as the allotment but we now have a trek to get to it,so if we go of an evening we usually only have two hours over there,but every little helps.Glad that I got the shallots up now we have had all this rain:D

Rosa,hope the car is still going well and hope you have better weather up your end of the world:)

Scillygirl,I keep forgetting you are in Ireland when you spoke about the weather becuas I thought they have good weather on Scilly in the summer months:thumb:

Anyway,hope you all have a great day.I am just off to do some packing.:)

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning natalie, shiney, kandy and everyone.
    love your pics kandy strawberries look delicious and montys enjoying himself lovely dog.
    its lovely out there this morning very warm and very sunny hope it stays like this, the car is running great im pleased to say.
    have a great day everyone

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its overcast here and a bit cooler then its been in awhile, but thats ok with me.

Its supposed to be cooler all weekend here, in the mid 60's until Monday and then back into the heat.

If its not raining later, i'll go out and deadhead all the plants, and maybe fertilize them.

Going to watch some more Wimbledon tennis today too, my husband has family who flew over from Ontario a few days ago to be there and watch, they do it every year.

7. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hello friends :luv:

Phew,,,,,,,,,

Just having lunch here. Been busy today catching up as I am off on an art therapy mini weekend :yho:

It comprises- creative art, psychotherapy, meditation, movement and time in the garden. All my loves together :) There will be a group of us there so am really looking forward to it [and getting away from the house of course]

Penny, look after those flowers! I don't think I have seen a pic of your garden? I may have missed it in the threads somewhere.

I hope everyone is doing what they enjoy. Speak soon :)

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hi Jazmine.

Hmmmmm, i'm not sure if i have posted some pics or not, but i do plan on starting a thread that will have pics that i have taken from around my area and whenever i head somewhere different, and when it starts to turn to Fall, and when we get the dreaded S here too.

Go and look in my profile, there are some pics of my gardens in there.

9. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Cheers Penny, will go and look. :gnthb:

10. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Lovely Penny, it looks quite newly done? The pic of you was too small for me to see!!!

11. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668

That was done on purpose:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::yho:

I HATE my picture being taken and try to avoid it at all costs :lollol:
    I will get a better one of myself, one of these days :hehe:

12. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Awww Penny, I will show you mine if you show me yours :lollol:

I kept trying to enlarge it too.

I haven't posted on here in days and days.....hm....:dh:

13. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    s00k...............:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I will get a good one of me, soon.:thumb:

14. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Ratings:
    +705
    Cheers :gnthb:

Right, I'm off to my weekend and really looking forward to it.
    See you all soon. Be good :scratch:

15. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    :hehe: Have a great day and enjoy :thumb: