Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends I hope you are all well and sleeping soundly,Its the weekend again and what a great one its going to be,Its very humid and quiet here not even a breeze to be felt ,Its a beautiful morning just right for flying low and feeling good:hehe:I hope everyone really enjoys this July weekend and all what It offers ,so please take care and stay safe.:)

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo and everyone, just got woke up by my neighbours dog barking and them banging around, went out yesterday it was lovely at first then it poured down, do hope its nice today, have a great weekend

[​IMG]

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,465
    Good morning woo, rosa and everyone,

woo, was that you flying over as I got home at 1 a.m. this morning? :hehe:

Yesterday it almost rained here in shineyland. We had a little bit of rain on Thursday night but the promised storms yesterday didn't appear and it is warm and very sunny today. We have a cousin's 65th birthday party to go to tomorrow which will be at a restaurant near them. Mrs shiney has volunteered to make the table flower arrangements (17 of them) so went round the garden yesterday cutting flowers and foliage for them. I reckon it will take her half a day to make them today and we shall deliver them tonight.

I'm going to have a go at cutting 200ft of privet hedge today. I don't mind the cutting :) but don't like the clearing up :(.

Have a great day :D

4. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody - wow - some are up early on a weekend though! Looking good with blue skies - off to a music festival charity event this afternoon/evening and really looking forward to it in nice weather!

Good luck with the hedge Shiney - that's alot that needs cutting - careful you don't overdo it in this weather!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning natalie, shiney, peri and everyone more awake now than earlier on when i was woken up by the neighbours. its lovely out there just waiting for phone call from my friend to let me know what the weather is like in berwick then i should be leaving very soon, may take the roof down on the car but maybe not with having to drive up the A1 motorway and iff it rains dont want to be caught. have a great weekend

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone.'

Bit late on here this morning even though I have been up since before six.Had a lot of typing work to get done and then once I had given Mr a quick peck to see him off to work until this evening,packed the car up and headed off to the allotment again.It only seems a few hours since we were last over there:D Have dug up some more spuds,pulled the netting back off of the Sweetcorn plants and have weeded them,then went and weeded the cabbages,phew...:D Went to take some photo's but my camera batteries have run down again.I only charged them up for twenty four hours the other day so not sure if it the batteries or the charger that is at fault:(

Going off to have a shower now and then I might go down to the village sports field this afternoon as it is our village fun day starting at 1pm and as they have got some Falcons down there want to get some photo's if I can get the batteries partly charged before then:D

Hope you all have a great day and don't over do it on that foot Peri,:luv:

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Peri,

When I broke my Metatasal bone the plaster cast went right up to just below the knee and I was in plaster for a month:( After being stuck indoors for two weeks I decided by then I had had enough so got my crutches and had the bright idea of walking round the block....:D.Wrong,I only managed a short distance because I was so slow and the next day my wrists were killing me because of the pressuer I had put on them on my marathon walk and it was days before they felt ok.:oops: When I had a shower we had to put my leg in a dustbin bag and put rubber bands round the top and bottom{Mr K's idea} so that the bag wouldn't slip off:DIt was only after I went back to the Hospital that I found out that for £19 I could have bought a special bag with a zip down the side to use in the shower but no one told us that:( When I had the plaster taken off my leg was all hairy:hehe: and had withered because of ill use:D I had a special shoe thing to wear but gave up with that after a few days because I couldn't get on with it.It took months for my foot to feel better and even now I sometimes get a twinge from it especially when the weather is damp or I overdo the walking:oops:

One other thing I was advised by friends to do was have my foot on a cushion and pillow over the arm of the settee and to try have the leg higher than the heart to stop a DVT setting in but don't know whether that was true or not.

The weather is beautiful here at the moment so I think the heatwave is back again:gnthb:

Enjoy your day if you can:)

8. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its cool and overcast here, feels more like Fall at the moment.

Its not raining but it looks like its going too, again.

Have some errands to do and get a few things at the grocery store, so have a great day everyone.

9. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    A lovely morning outside - it's rained overnight, but nothing again but blue sky above! Glad mother nature is doing the watering for me as it's just too hot during the day to do it! Have a great day everybody.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.

We had another glorious day yesterday and I was glad of the breeze or else it would have been too hot.Had a good few hours at the fun day and while walking round was approached by one of the organizers and asked if I would take photo's of as much as I could because the photographer who was supposed to be coming hadn't turned up and they want to make a collage of any photos that was taken so I clicked away until my card was full.I have tried to download them onto my computer but something is wrong because I keep having a pop up to say that the file isn't recognized:scratch::cnfs: so had to give up in the end.Mr K didn't get home until nearly 7pm so didn't want to get him to look at it after spending all day working with computers:D

Got some good photos of the Falcons but missed quiet a few of the take off ones as my camera has a delay on it when I press the button:oops::p

Anyway,it is a lovley day out there so will have to wait until Mr K gets up beofre we dicide what we are going to do today.

Hope you all have a good one:D

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,465
    Good morning everyone,

Peri, I hope you are getting a bit better at moving around. It is important to keep the leg elevated but keeping it above your head is not very practical in home conditions :scratch: :). So it is important to keep some movement going as long as it doesn't hurt when doing it. Wiggling your toes is probably all you can do at the moment :thumb: so do it regularly - every half hour at least. Get up and move around a bit as well. The recommended thing is to rotate the ankle but in your case that would be impossible :( :).

Your idea of wearing walking boots in future is an excellent idea :gnthb:. When I used to lead walks I wouldn't take anyone who didn't wear boots. In the Lake District the majority of walking accidents are caused by inappropriate footwear.

It will take a while to get better but it won't be too long before you are able to :yho: :yho:

Kandy, I hope you can get your photos off your camera. It can sometimes be a problem if you accidentally set the camera on a RAW setting instead of JPEG. If this is the problem then someone with a computer that has a card reader should be able to convert it for you. If it was on a RAW setting it would also have used up your memory much quicker.

No rain yesterday so I have had to put the sprinkler on some of my garden. The hamamelis that we planted where one of the the conifers was removed is very poorly and some of the plants around it are suffering too :(. I'll then move the sprinkler to the other newly planted areas.

I finished that hedge yesterday :yho: but shan't start on the other hedges for a while as my poor old muscles can't take it :old: :D. So it is lawn cutting today before it gets too hot.

Have a great day :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, had a great time in berwick weather turned out great till i came back it threw it down from the heavens when i passed morpeth now its lovely here since i got home, then i find i lost my house keys they must be at my friends shes calling me later when she gets home, i had to wake up my neighbour then go onto his balcony and smash through the trellis over onto my balcony and climb over my gate, just aswell i left my back door open what a morning hehe.
    have a great day

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Peri sorry to hear that your suffering doesn't sound very nice at all, I do hope you get yourself sorted soon enough and be pain free at least in time for the football season.:wink:

Shiney you did do well to clip all that hedge more so in this heat and I totally agree with you leave the rest for another day you do far too much as it is, I mean what would Mrs.Shiney do if her cook is out of action?:hehe:

Kandy we have already brought some Kilner jars for pickling the shallots etc. we paid £2.49 for a 2Llt jar which I think is a really good price don't you think?

Shame you can't spend hours down on the plots as you really do loose track of the time and it's so peaceful too.

Been AWOL for a couple of days as the 'royal pain in the bum' is playing up again and am I'm very upset to admit I have had to have a couple of doses of morphine.

Dan's car got a nice dent in it yesterday while it was parked up outside our house but on the plus side the lady who did it came to tell us she knocked it and exchanged details etc. I praised her for being so honest.

Bob's managed to strim most of the other paddock down as this has now been let to a couple of guys, I would like to see their faces when they see they have only a few edges to strim away and then they can start digging!

Going to try and do a little bit of gentle work in the front garden nothing too mad but on the plus side I can always crawl the few steps to the front door if needed!

Have nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

14. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny here and a little bit warmer, not like it was yesturday~~!

Have some watering to do, and laundry is on as we speak.
    Waiting to watch the mens Wimbledon final today, should be good!!

Hope everyone has a great day,

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

I'm a bit late on here this morning as I am busy ast the moment preparing fruit and vegetables for the freezer.I find Goosberries so fiddly when I try to top and tail them.At least Mr K was helping me last night so that was good but my hand was killing me by the time we went to bed:oops:

Peri hope you are keeping well with your broken ankle.Rather you than me because I know what you are going through.I hope the move goes smoothly at the end of the week:gnthb:

Shiney sorry to hear that your day lilies are suffering.Perhaps you should have waited until the weather was a bit cooler before moving them.I have a few flowers on the ones that have not been attacked by the Gall mite and the danmaged ones I am picking them off and disposing of the flower heads.:p Rather you than me with the hedge cutting.My father in law owns three quarters of an acre of land and it is in a terrible state since he lost interest in it twenty years ago.He also has a large garden but refuses to pay someone to help out with the maintenance of it so sadly thta too is starting to look like a jungle.I am glad that at least you are preserving your large garden:thumb:

Helen,sorry to hear about your back problems.I do hope you have been over doing it on the allotment.It is far to easy to get carried away with it all.Touch wood my back only gives me the odd twinge each day especially if I sit for too long:oops: Sorry to hear about Dans car.Hope he gets it ut right soon.:thumb:

Rosa, what are you like for leaving your keys at your friends house.Is this the one up in Berwick that you stayed with on Saturday?Poor Rosa must have thought you were being burgled.Good job you left the back door open:hehe:

Penny hope you enjoyed the Wimbledon.It was one of the longest matches ever that I have sat and watched{while podding broad beans and cooking dinner} but while we were out in the kitchen quickly getting all the meat and veg on the plates missed the last game and just came in at the very last point:oops::p Still good though:)

Well I think that is it for this morning.Hopefully I will be able to get something sorted over these lost photo's as I will be most dissapointed if they are gone forever.Mr K has lots of work on after the Saturday work so hasn't got the time trying to sit and find some sites that can help us retrieve them.:p

Hope you all have a great day:luv: