Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning kandy and everyone,sounds like your very busy with all that fruit plenty of rich pickings will you be making pies with all that fruit enjoy.
    i cant believe i left my keys anyway got them back last night my friends ex dropped them off for me just aswell as my mailbox key is on them, had a great time in berwick wish i could of stayed longer.

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

The 65th party went fantastically yesterday :yho:. It was held at a very nice restaurant in Epping and the weather was perfect. We were able to sit outside at the front of the restaurant which was paving that ran up to a large grassed area with enormous trees. Mrs shiney was complimented by lots of people for the table flower arrangements :thumb: and the restaurant owner wanted to contract her to make all his arrangements in future. She told him that she doesn't do it professionally.

Here are some photos

arrangements in preparation - everything but the gerberas is from our garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They go well with the black decor.

[​IMG]

Kandy, I'm not too sure what your reference to day lilies is about :scratch:. Have I forgotten something I said? :old: :hehe:
    Sorry to hear about your FIL's garden is such a mess. It's sad when people let their gardens go to pot - unless they can smoke it :hehe:

Helen, I wish you better :thmb:

Another busy day so must rush.

Have a great day :D

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, they look fabulous flower arrangements well done to mrs shiney she should definately take that guy up on his offer she did well. have a great day

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and Rosa,

Rosa what are you like leaving your keys at your friends house:oops::old::D I can't leave mine anywhere because they are attached to my car keys and that has a big fluffy dog on the key ring,mind you if I lost my car keys the house would go as well :oops::p Glad that all was sorted in the end and that you got in the flat.though I would have loved to have seen you hacking your way through the jungle of plants :hehe:

Shiney,sorry forgot to mention the 65th Birthday partyGlad you had a good time.You did mention that Mrs Shiney was doing the displays:thmb:.I hope you take advantage of more work for Mrs Shiney:D:gnthb:

Yes it is a shame when gardens get neglected when people get :old:He could pay some young person to go round and weed the borders and cut back the bushes etc but he would rather sit on his bank books.Me and Mr Kandy are doing what we can to help,but for us it is a fourty mile round trip and have enough to do with all our own stuff.He has a daughter,son in law and grandson who are at his house for the day on a Sunday every other week but they are all more interested in reminicing about the past than doing any work because they believe that Sunday is the day of rest like it says in the good book so nothing gets done.:(

My aplogies,I saw the name and thought you had mis spelt Hemorocallis which is the Day Lily,you had written Hamamelis which is Witch Hazel:oops::o.Too much sleepy dust in my eyes me thinks:snz::D

I would personally have moved them in the Autumn than the summer then they perhaps wouldn't have suffered so much:)

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, i had my house keys and car keys seperate it was funny climbing over the gate and we had to bash open the trellis above the gate for me to get in and i had a table and chair up against the gate that i had to push it further down, wont do that again in a hurry

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its cooler here and supposed to have thunder storms later today.

But we did get all the lawn cut and trimmed, so let it rain now.

Beautiful arrangments Shiney.....very nice.

I know Kandy.....i didnt think that match was ever going to end, but it was good though.

7. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there everybody - what a wonderful weekend! Family visiting and out enjoying the weather so not indoors on the 'puter. Will catch up on everybody's news here after a good read through. Hope all are well - hoping my allotment is well too - have to find some time this week to get down there - I'm sure the weeds are just thriving!

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Good morning all my friends hope you are all OK and have slept well have a lovely day and evreyone stay safe :)

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Lovely morning Woo the birds have just started to sing.

Lol Rosa didn't know you were any good at breaking and entering now I know who to call when I get locked out not the Ghost Busters but Rosa!:hehe:

Shiney that was a lovely flower display Mrs.Shiney did I wonder was everyone fighting over who was allowed to take one home? Nice to know if she gives up her day job there is always another type of work she can have a go at.

Penny we had a thunder storm for most of yesterday too and it was so welcomed by the gardens and of course by Bob too as he didn't have to water them.

Natalie you have got to watch out sweetie the veg grow really quickly now down on the plots but sadly so does the weeds!

Couldn't do much yesterday but hobble about but I did have a constant companion in Dan who got me comfortable enough, kind of makes a change for me to be the one nursed :) .

Dan's car is sorted a lovely guy at a local garage pulled the dent out for Bob and refused to accept any money off us which is such a change needless to say any 'work' that Bob can't do on the the cars we will send to that garage from now on. The car just needs a t-cut jobbie on it and it's pretty much good to go.

Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx

10. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow you guys are up early! Looking good out there again this morning - a few little clouds.....

Yes Hel - the weeds do really well down there - though I know there's going to be a bit of a harvest to be done as well. Will need to get down there this evening for sure - and I have to set aside a few hours on the weekend to deal with the weeding as well. Also have to fence in the sweetcorn to protect from the badgers.

Glad you got your car sorted - isn't it lovely to find people like at that garage? They are fewer and further between these days, but they ARE out there......and restore my faith in humanity.

Have a great day everybody!

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Woo,Hel,Natilie and everyone.

It is a glorious day out there after the thunderstorms of yesterday afternoon.We seemed to have the thunder but only saw one flash of lightening but from what someone was saying on our village forum one of the towns close by had what he described as a light show:p

Woo,hope you enjoyed your walk this morning:gnthb:

Helen you need to keep mobile and take things slowly.Glad that Dan got his car sorted:thumb:

Natilie what part of the country are you from with your allotment?Do you have much success with the stuff you try to grow?:)

Peri,hope the hospital visit went ok.I had to have my cast sawn off so that the consultant could see me try to walk around on it then I had to have another one fitted and off I went again.It amazes me how they can saw just at the right depth without sawing through the leg:D Hope you manage to move house at the weekend ok:gnthb:

I have a load of ironing to do today,spent yesterday house cleaning and working on the last of the goosegogs so hopefully the bulk of them are finished for another year:yho:

Hope you all have a great day and when I eventually get some time I will put up those photos of our fun day.:D

12. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning everyone,

The thunderstorms missed us yesterday but it is a bit dull out there this morning. The runner beans we planted in a sweet pea basket on the patio are now growing very well and have started to run up and along the strings I have run over the top of the pergola. With a bit if luck we shall have beans hanging down into the pergola and I shall only need to stand on a chair to pick them :thumb:. If this works well I shall do more for next year and see whether we can cover the pergola in them :D

I'm gradually catching up on all my paperwork but have been neglecting the garden a bit :(.

The sun has just come out and is shining brilliantly :yho:

Woody is enjoying pecking at his nuts :hehe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope that all of you with aches and pains are feeling better today :gnthb:

Have a great day :D

13. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kandy - we're in the south east. I've always had a garden - at least for the last 20 years and grown all sorts successfully. This is our first year for an allotment, as we wanted to plant lots of corn and get back to our September long weekend corn boil party :) The allotment is alot different, as you don't tend to go out and potter around it every day - so it's definitely a different gardening experience. I have kept lots here at the house in the greenhouses - cukes, tomatoes, aubergines and peppers. Still have a patch here for peas, one courgette plant :), the horseradish, a strawberry bed and asparagus bed. Also the fruit trees, grapes and blueberries have been planted here. We just moved this year - so everything was a bit sporadic and next year will be a much better year - but I couldn't go a year without my vege garden :)

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning, peri, natalie, woo, helen, kandy, shiney , penny and everyone, little late this morning been on the balcony having a coffee, its been raining here and a little windy.
    helen pleased the car is fixed the scratches on mine have to be sorted then thats it the car is running perfectly. just aswell i could get onto my balcony from my neighbours next door or i dont know what i would of done probably of gone to my friends till i got my keys back anyway got my keys after 9 pm sunday night.
    peri just aswell i left my back door open pleased my keys were at my friends as iff i had lost them my only mailbox key was on them, have you moved yet.
    shiney love mr woody pics they are lovely hes so sweet.
    have a great day all

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning peri, it takes some doing moving i can remember moving 11 years ago just across the street and it was hard work carrying boxes especially up 2 floors of steps, just aswell your having more man power you need it for furniture. im getting a guy down to do the scratches on my car as that T-cut wont work on them.
    have a great day