Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its raining here, has been since around midnight, and its not that warm either.
    Today will be a good day to read a book~~!!!

Nice pictures Shiney....well done.

2. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Enjoy your day with a good book Penny - it's thunder, lightning and downpours of rain here right now - I may even light the fire to get that 'cosy in a storm' feeling :)

3. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668

I dont have a wood stove but i do have a gas fireplace and i love reading when its on, so cozy!!:thumb:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, looks like your all still in your beds, its very overcast here looks like its going to be another day of rain, wanted to get out and take pics for the comp but guess i will have to leave it for a better day.
    enjoy your day whatever your up to.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone.

I have been up since just after six Rosa but had the cats to sort out first:D

It is raining here this morning so doesn't look like I will be going far but have plenty to do indoors.:)

Doesn't look like you will be going out in your car with the roof open until the good weather comes back round again.Even Shiney has rain forecast for the rest of the week so he will be pleased:D

Peri,I wish we had known about those bags when I broke my foot because I think they are worthwhile to protect the cast.A friend of mine lent me a zimmer frame but it was too slow so gave up in the end.I would have been better off with one of those invalidity vehicles that a lot of wrinklies have,you know the ones where they go along the middle of the dual carriageway at five mph:D

Hope everyone has a good day:)

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, i was up about 6 myself, not going in the car today looks like rain forecast i guess right across the country we all got the same weather not very nice.when hubby gets back next week hes taking me for a new hoover guess its out with the brush and shovel to finish my other carpets haha
    have a great day

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Up at 3am but I did go to bed early 11:20pm still not enough hours in the day to do what I need to do always something.Rosa have a look at those Miele cleaners they are great if you have pets ideal for getting pet hair up off the carpets.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Good morning rosa, Kandy, walnut and everyone,

Kandy, I've just checked our local weather forecas for shineyland and it says no rain until Sunday :thumb:. It peed down yesterday and the roads around here got flooded. So I won't need to water the veggies or new plants for the rest of the week.

The sun is shining so I shall get some mowing and edge trimming done today. I'll also spend a bit of time chatting to the runner beans and courgettes :hehe:

rosa, I've put a couple of photos into the comp :) but don't know whether I shall bother to try and find another shot.

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,yes shame about the weather.I know we need it for the gardens and alloments and that heatwave was a bit too much,but I do prefer the sun than the rain.Still we are going away soon so hopefully the summer will have come back by then:D

I can't belive your hubby has been away nearly a month,where dioes that time fly to or is it because now wea re older time has speeded up:D Good luck with the brush and shovel,at least the exercise will do you some good,cough cough splutter:hehe:

Good luck also with the hoover and make sure you get one that is bagless:D

Morning Walnut,hope you are well and that your Brugs are looking good:thmb:

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut and shiney & Kandy
    walnut thanks will look at them miele cleaners never heard of them will get one for pets hair with having rosa will write this down.
    shiney seen your pics nice ohhh sure you will find something else to take, pleased your weather is fine, our friends in chelmsford said their weather has been lovely were they are.

kandy i will make sure its bagless and one for pets hair as walnut said, not looking forward to going around with a brush hard work that is hehe.
    the time does fly hubbys been away 3 weeks now will look forward to getting my new hoover when he gets back haha.

have a super day whatever your weather is

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,

Sorry forgot to say how lovely your photos of the Woodpecker are.It must be really nice to see them on the feeders.We have only ever had one once and it was to brief for me to get my camera so only have it stored in my memory banks:D

Glad you are starting to get some rain.Our border cracks will close up now so I won't lose the seeds that are dropping from the plants that have gone over:)

By the way,have spotted some yellow and white flowers on some of my Runner bean plants at the allotment so will have some Mergoles to pick this year:thumb:

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Rosa, Kandy, Walnut, Shiney and all.

Great shot of the woodpecker Shiney.I think runner beans up your pergola will do really well not only will you be rewarded by the flowers but the veg too!
    What variety are you growing up it? I like the White Lady variety best as it's stringless.

Good luck with the hoover shopping next week Rosa we always had a Vax for a great many years until one year (while I was working) Bob's mum brought him a Dyson for christmas....it was so funny because he didn't have a clue how to use it nor did I for that matter we had to ring his sister up to find out how to slide it to the 'working' position!:dh:

Walnut I got lucky with my Datura all three cuttings 'took' from last year and although they are only little plants they have already flowered. I thought I lost the mother plant because of the cold but no it started to shoot from the bottom and that appears happy too.

Natalie you seem to have a wonderful amount of 'stuff' growing and like yourself our strawberries etc. will crop better next year too.

Peri I think it's a great idea to get hubby to take you to places that have wheel chairs to aid you and allow you to enjoy yourself rather than be stuck indoors you go for it girl!:thmb:

Penny I hope you enjoyed your book sweetie what's the book you are reading at the moment?
    I really don't know what I would do without a book even when the weather is nice I always find time to read, Dan brought me the last two of the 'Forgotten Voices' books the other day and already I'm half way through the last one....thankfully Dan's an avid reader too so between us we are never without a book to read.

Kandy it's our first dry morning for a few days now and I'm really itching to get cracking down on the plots I really do need my allotment 'fix' now.
    You are so right we do need to keep mobile but it's incredibly hard when the pain's so bad you really have to choose pain and can't move or zombie with all the drugs...I'm doing well at the moment no morphine but still three different types of pain relieving drugs but needs must and all.

Hope the sun shines for you all today.Hel.xxx.

13. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its another cool and overcast morning, and yep, its gonna rain.

We so need some warmer days and a few without rain would be nice too~~!

Hel.....i am a huge sucker for romance novels and i like the ones that place in old England, but i have a couple of favorite authors such as Masha Canham and Julie Garwood, very good authors.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi helen, my hoover seems to be working now will see how it is, i broke some parts on the back some time ago so really i wouldnt mind a new hoover we shall see.
    peri my hubby works 4 weeks on 4 weeks off hes a pipefitter foreman off-shore in africa, it works out quite well as i see him the 4 weeks then the other 4 weeks on my own i can visit friends and have days out shopping, hes planning on retiring in about 5 years time so he wants for us to spend winter time 6 months in thailand we shall see what happens. probably get a new hoover when he gets back hehe we shall see.pleased to hear your feeling a bit better after your accident

15. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hel - we always grow all kinds of goodies - very little makes it into the kitchen, as kids tend to eat it where they pick it - so organic is a must! Had loads of mangetout peas down the front of the garden the other day, went to pick some for dinner, and here's my little one and his friend munching away on handfuls of them......oh well! Main thing is that they're getting eaten, and it's way better for them than a bag of sweets!
    Our allotment looked like this (first picture - hope it turns out!)

And then in the next one you can see how different it looks a week later.....

First time uploaded pics on here.....apologies if they don't work out okay!

Will need to get some up to date pics - as everything has just started growing like crazy!