Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney and all.

Hi Pippa welcome to the morning gossip club :wink: it's always a delight to have another new member join our ranks, you'll soon get the hang of this thread that is unless you go mad first!:D

Penny well done on those greenhouses they were a great buy indeed, my mum-in-law has always had one of those and does incredibly well with her seeds and seedlings in them. If you have half as much success as her you will be more than happy I think.

Shiney wish I could come and play (I mean help you out with the kiddies today) I bet it's going to be a smashing day for all of you. Good luck with the mowing it sounds quite tricky.:thumb:

Bob and I are trying to tackle 40ft of our privet hedge (along the ex-neighbours side) it's about 5ft deep in places so is quite a chore to get the whole top clipped right. We have manage to do most of the top but the bottom has to be done all in one go so the netting can be reattached to keep the girls from wandering next door.:doh:

Had a call back from the RAC about my complaint the guy might as well have been reading from a text book he wouldn't listen at all and kept repeating himself. I was told the RAC wouldn't come out for anything like Dan's break down as it wasn't a breakdown! I was again told that their advice to Dan to drive carefully with no speedo working to the nearest garage 8 or so miles on a very busy no-stopping road in Lincolnshire was acceptable advice. So I told him would they come out to keys locked in the car 'Yes of course' what about a flat tyre? 'Yes' I then went on to say well how is that any different to Dan's breakdown then?:mad:

I think the problem with the RAC is that because I had paid for the service through my Tesco reward points (which they are well aware of) you are treated like second class citizens, I told them I was far from happy and are now going back to the AA after all 20 years plus of happy service is far better than 2 years with another company with no service at all..... you get what you pay for which is so true in this case!

Dan's dropped another clanger on me he sweared that he had done his laundry but I went into his bedroom only to find another huge load, so at the moment the washing line looks something pretty much like I run a retirement home for Hawaiian guys with very loud tastes in shirts!:hehe:

Hope the weather stays as there are still an awful lot of shirts to be dried!

Havea nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and everyone,
    helen i would certainly go back to the AA and your right you get what you pay for we got homestart, iff im away im put in a hotel and i get a courtesy car for nearly £22 per month its worth iff i break down i have to pay the first £50 and they will pay £500 to cover the service of whats wrong with car, im hoping im never in that situation but you just never know with cars these days.
    that privet will need some tackling hard work that anyway on the lighter side heres my balcony
    have a great day all

[​IMG]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa.

My goodness your balcony is looking very lush, you are very lucky to have such a lovely spot to sit out in even if it's raining, although goodness knows where you sit! :hehe: Hel.xxx.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi helen, at other side i have a quite a large area were my table and chairs are so im lucky to have another area all that area you see is in front of my kitchen window best place for my climbers.were my arch is in front of kitchen window i have a long seat in the middle also cant really see them areas at that angle

5. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning Shiney,Hel, Rosa and everyone. I know what you mean about the clover on the grass Shiney, I love to see the bees on it as nature intended, but I also have to make sure the grass has been cut when the grandchildren come down, just to be on the safe side.
    Hel, privets can be a real pain. Thats why i leave them to Al :hehe:
    Rosa your balcony is looking lovely as ever, it amazes me how much you manage to achieve in such a small space :gnthb:
    Well ive got a full day ahead of me and all Im going to do is potter around the garden and take it easy, well thats what holidays are for isnt it:yho:Will have to traips around the shops tomorrow looking for somwthing to wear for my daughters wedding on the 1st Aug :ywn: i hate shopping for clothes. 02

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning takemore, enjoy your day in the garden and shopping tommorow the best therapy hehe, thats funny im off the 1st august to windermere for a few days just cant wait not long now countdown.
    have a great day

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny out here but cool today.

I'm going to go out and weed later and maybe water if it needs it.

Welcome Pipa....pop in when you can.

Rosa.....i just love that balcony!!

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning penny, enjoy your weeding and thanks pleased you like my balcony, its sunny here but expecting rain for the next few days even thunder, its very warm got my fan air on to cool my lounge down, have a great day

9. nogreenfingersere

nogreenfingersere Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    wheres that cat goin

10. nogreenfingersere

nogreenfingersere Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i would like a nice colourful garden,but i only have clay,would anyone know what will grow in clay ??

11. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou for the welcome everyone :)

Can't believe the weather this year.We are having a super summer here in Durham and i need more than 2 hands to count the good days.In Britain i would say that is fabulous and wish we got this weather every year.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi peri nice to see you back on today hope alls going well in the new house and hows your foot bet it was a carry on in the wheelchair getting to the library to come on here.

nogreenfingersere why did you put that up what victoria had written to me and fran cant get my head around why you did that.theres various sections in gc for asking advice about growing things.

hi pippa the weather is lovely here on the north east coast, see your from durham thats were my dads side of the family lived, my gran when she was alive lived in chester-le-street, spent all my younger days there all her family is deceased now but my cousins still live in durham havnt seen them for many years now, but i do have days out in durham i just love it there brought so many happy memories to me.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, wakey wakey hehe looks like im first on this morning, it threw it down from the heavens after 11 last night and its lovely and sunny here this morning so lets hope it stays nice.
    got loads to do today hubbys back in the morning so im hoping its dry in the morning for driving up to the airport i hate driving on them roads in the pouring rain.
    have a great day all

14. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all.

Hi Rosa,

I am originally from Washington and moved to Chester-le-street (outskirts, 4 mile from Durham) 18 months ago.We sold our house and downsized to a bungalow.I work in South Shields so have the best of both worlds,the coast and the country .:)

Off work today so lunch out after my shopping trip :)

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone hope you are all well:)

I've been busy these last couple of days trying to get everything done before we go away at the weekend.I don't know about anyone else but I like to get caught up on all the washing and ironing so only have the holiday washing to do when we get back,plus I like the house to be fairly tidy to come back to:D

I think we are going to have a problem with trying to get Poppy to the cattery this year because we very rarely see her at this time of the year when the weather is decent,so I can see us ending up asking the nieghbour next door to look after her for nine days.Still they can't complain because I babysit their dog enough for them:hehe:

Sounds like everyone is busy like me and Shiney hope the little ones enjoyed their time with you and Mrs Shiney:thumb:

I was over the allotment yesterday and saw a large Queen Bee fly into the shed where the bee colony lives and couldn't get over how large she was,or it that the worker bees are so small.:D I am happy to let them stay because they are pollinating all my Runner and French Bean flowers,although the little sods are going round the back to do their work so a lot of the flowers are dropping off:( I used some of my Comfrey fertiliser to give them a feed yesterday and some of the stuff went through my gloves before I had added it to the watering can and even though I washed my hands I could still smell it on my fingers all night:oops:

Well,I think we got conned when we bought those plants from Beth Chattos Nursery.One of the so called squashes refuses to run so is just making leaves and one of the cougettes seems to be a light coloured Marrow of some sorts so I am having to cut them when they are quiet small for Mr Kandy:p

The weather here is cold and windy this morning but the next few days is supposed to be good so we will see what happens:D

Hope you all have a great day:luv:

PS,Peri you asked the question as to where we are going for our holiday, and it is Somerset:)