Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I hope you both have a really good holiday :gnthb:. Why do you think that it is a marrow and not a courgette?

The kids had a great time yesterday. They are all 3 years old and one had his birthday yesterday. They all have 'learning difficulties', one was very serious, some were deaf as well and a couple had sight problems as well. They were all dear little things and Oscar went up to each one k-l. The charity provides one-to-one care so there were as many adults as children. Fortunately the weather was good so they could have the run of the garden :thumb:

Have a great day :D

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Rosa, Pipp, Kandy, Shiney and all.

02 sorry hun to hear that you don't like shopping sweetie but you can't get out of clothes shopping for your daughter's wedding after all you have to steal the show or at least look second best to the bride! Hope you found something that you are happy with.:thumb:

Peri hope all that moving backwards and forwards goes nice, had a giggle about you talking about your broadband connection one of our son's refused to move until we were 'online' needless to say it was the first thing that got sorted!

Rosa not looking good weather-wise for us tomorrow (or today for that matter) but I do hope it isn't too bad for your trip to the airport tomorrow as I know how you really don't driving there when it's raining so do take care. Remember to look pretty for your hubby, after all you might need to spend some of his pennies!:wink:

Pippa it's such a shame that the really long days are 'going' over now as on a good evening I could willingly potter about the garden or allotments well after 10pm!

Kandy yesterday was indeed a good day to do the washing now it's raining today is a brilliant day to do the ironing!:doh:
    Bob's a huge fan of comfrey he has one of those drain pipe jobbies on the side of the shed that allows him to make concentrated comfrey as well as a couple of tubs full of it diluted and ready to use, it's very good indeed but he does have to wear heavy duty rubber gloves and my goodness there is an ungodly stench from it but you can see from the plants it does it's job.

Shiney a garden full of 3 year olds that must have been loads of fun and I'm sure the adults enjoyed it too, I bet the garden was very quiet after they all went home.

Well the main bit of the hedge got finished yesterday it took longer than we first thought as the bottom netting had to be re-attached, we just need to hack the top back a foot or so now although we'll not be able to do that today because of the rain.:(

Have a nice day guys whatever you are up to.Hel.xxx.

3. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it's a rainy drizzly day here, though the sun is trying to break through!

Shiney - sounds like you had perfect conditions for the 3 yr old's event - I'll bet they had a great time!

I've been busy the last few days down the allotment - have dug some lovely potatoes, had a few good courgettes, some runner beans, mangetout and young carrots. Also dug up some beets for roasted beets with rosemary and steamed the beet greens - delicious :) The weeds unfortunately are doing very well indeed - so there was lots of work to be done there, and still more yet! Also got to pick some cucumbers (telegraph) from the greenhouse - and they were literally dripping with juices when cut into - we just sat and munched on those they were so good :)

Hoping everybody has a great day!

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,:)

Its warm here today but calling for a thunderstorm later this afternoon.:dh:

I was at Walmart yesturday and bought some more bulbs:hehe:.....i know, i need therapy:D~~! But for 85 cents a pack and some had 25 in them:wink:....i couldnt just walk by now could i (trying to justify myself here:wink:).

Ooooooh i dont think i told ya's though:yho:, on the weekend at Walmart ( i know eh:hehe:), i found Greenhouses on sale, they were 85 dollars, marked down to 25, and when i went to pay they were 15 dollars:yho:!!! Sooooo i sent my husband out to the truck and i went and got another:thumb:.....come on, you know you's would have went back for another right.:thmb::thmb::thmb:

So when i was in the shed last night, i have 5 shopping bags of bulbs to plant.:hehe:

Oh and i bought a new Hydrangea shrub lastnight, my other one is dying:wink::wink:

5. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.I had a fab morning shopping and lunch out.It is so warm too .I can't believe this is Britain.If i close my eyes, i could be anywhere hot.:hehe:

Wow Penny bargains galore :gnthb: Enjoy the planting ha ha :)

I am back to work tomorrow so just chilling now as all my chores are done.k-l

6. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hiya Pippa,

I LOVE shopping:gnthb:....we took our daughters shopping last February in New York.....i was in heaven I'll tell ya :hehe::gnthb::gnthb::gnthb:

Its getting hot here too, i think you have Ontario weather right now....its crazy :thumb:

I know i have waaay too many bulbs, but i am sure i can find spots for them somewhere :lollol::hehe:
    We had planned to add a large deck to the back of our house, but that was put on hold until next Spring:flag:, since we are doing our roof, and then the hidden costs of sending one daughter to College this Fall:dh:, so my bulbs will sit until Spring......darn:thmb:

7. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Penny,

I adore gardening too but we just downsized so my garden is only 30 ft and i did it so it was easy to maintain.I am getting old ha ha.:)You will find spaces for all your bulbs :hehe:

My hobby is ........SHOPPING now :gnthb::gnthb::gnthb: and eating out :D Wonderful and stress free too.:)

8. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    We always drive to Toronto for our shooping, its awsome there, but we fingured, we would go to New York City for a holiday and let the girls do some shopping.....and shop they did.

Most of my gardens consist of raised beds and i love it.

9. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Hiya Peri,

So glad that your foot is feeling better.
    Sounds like the move is progressing well too.....yep, that would be me, just stay and keep him company and stay out of the way.
    I did help my hubby lastnight when he started stripping the back of our roof, i stacked all the shingles as they came down and picked up all the nails.

10. Penny in Ontario

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Thanks Peri :thumb:

I am off for a bit, my friend Joy is coming by with coffee, so i will pop back in later in :gnthb::flwsml:

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon/Early evening everyone,

Hope you all have had a good day with decent weather.:thumb: I have had a good but very busy day getting all the bedding stuff and towels washed dried, ironed and aired as well as some other washing that was starting to build up so thought I might as well get that lot out of the way as well.All is now airing in the conservatory on airers so will be able to put them away soon.I have also got the lawns mowed back and front and have packed some of the food items in the freezer and fridge in the caravan:D

Shiney,glad to hear that everyhting went well yesterday with the little tots and glad that Oscar made them feel welcome:)

The Courgettes that we are getting off of the plant Shiney are a pale green colour whereas the other plant is producing the usual dark green ones and because of the rate of growth Mr K andy thinks it might be a Marrow.I have taken some photos so will have to try and put one up when I get a free minute to show you what I mean:(

Hel,I will have to get some strong rubber gloves because that Comfrey mix sure does stink even with a lid on the top.I have fed my sweetcorn because those leaves were looking pale and have used it on the Runner Beans,the only down side is that they stink as well now:D We might have to try the drainpipe way of doing it another time.This was my first year of making my own liquer:D

Penny,those mini greenhouse are :cool: we have a few of them and Mr K has even set one of them up to dry the garlic in the conservatory but it makes that room stink:( Sounds like you have got a good bargain there:thumb:

Peri,hope you are feeling much better now you are getting moved and settled in your new home.A new start with a new garden to look after and I am sure you will soon have plenty of birds feeding once you get the feeders put up and filled:gnthb: I shouldn't bother joining any more forums,as this one has a nice friendly group of people and if there is any mischief going on the mods will soon get it sorted and put right:thmb:

Natilie sounds like you have plenty of nice veg growing on your allotment.I bet you are the same as us and like the taste of freshly grown fruit and veg:thumb: Hope your award ceremony goes ok for your son:thmb:

Pippa we moved from a medium sized garden not much bigger than yours but have had fun packing it full of plants and trees and we have quiet a bit of wildlife as well so it shows that you don't have to have a big garden to enjoy it:)

Well,Mr Kandy has now broken up for his hols so we at least have extra time together which makes up for the weekends that he has had to work recently:D

Hope you all have a great evening:luv:

12. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou Kandy,we do still have a lot of birds visit and other wild life just not the work load which is nice.My son bought our old home so i feel we haven't let the birds down as he still looks after them.:)

13. Pippa

Pippa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone.I am off to work soon and it is gorgeous.Going to walk along the sea front with Skye our dog first though.Have a great day. :D

14. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning all! Looking like a lovely morning here.

Kandy - yes, the flavours of your own vege just do not compare with that bought in the store - we all love sweet corn, but not a chance in the world I would buy it from the store - too starchy - yeuch, yet, my kids will eat it straight off the stalk uncooked it is so good.

Enjoy your walk Pippa - I love walks along the sea front - unfortunately none too close to me here.

Going to go and spend the morning down at the allotment and get some work done and then see what's ripe for the pickings!
    Have a great day everybody.

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,473
    Good morning everyone,

It is lovely and sunny at the moment but the forecast is not good.

Kandy, we have courgettes that are all different shades of green. Most of them are a light green (slightly striped) but we also have dark green - and bright yellow :)

Got to rush out now.
    See you later :gnthb:

Have a great day :D